It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Step?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Im sure most of you have heard about the car on fire driven into Glasgow Airport Terminal. If not you should probably read this breaking news thread made by MischeviousElf, before discussing about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back to the subject of this thread. Britain is now on critical high terror alert. It seems it is happening once again. Where the police are taking away people's rights, mostly privacy, as they search threw people's houses. There reasoning? The people were unfortunate enough to live near the airport.

Police searched several houses near Glasgow International Airport on Sunday in connection with a fiery attack on its main terminal and a foiled car bomb plot in London.

Sunday's police search was taking place in a residential area about seven miles west of central Glasgow, police said in a brief statement. That is about one mile from the airport.

Also, it seems that the new Prime Minister(im sure we will all miss Tony Blair
) has been claiming some strange things. Such as, the country must be working with the terrorists.

In a nationally televised interview, Britain's new prime minister, Gordon Brown, said the country was clearly dealing with terrorists associated with al-Qaida. And Lord Stevens, Brown's new terrorism adviser, said the two attacks in Britain indicate that "al-Qaida has imported the tactics of Baghdad and Bali to the streets of the UK."

Now why doesn't the police say if the people they caught, were seen running from the burning cars? Sorry if that is strange to just me.

London police said the latest arrests were in connection with both attacks, but did not elaborate. Officials declined to say whether those arrested were men or women, or whether either suspect was believed to be a person seen running from one of the explosive-laden cars in London.

Sense Britain is on critical terror alert, which is not the first time actually. If this keeps happening, if this happens to us again, we will be set on martial law and whats left of our rights taken from us. I will stop ranting now, and stop quoting every inch of this page and let you read it for yourself.

charter.net...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I thought that London Police officers didn't use guns.

Is this terrorist threat the needed push to change that protocol?

London's own sang this "Everyday the paper boy brings more" Yeah, everyday the headlines become more and more unbelievable as to the world we live in and the hammer is falling.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe they are just practice to see how the population will react to such change, or it is to show us that the same thing will happen to us and we need control. There isn't much time left, I think.

new topics

join