It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See MiG-35 Video! Can Anything Match These Manoeuvres?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not aware if this vid has been posted before. If not, then have a peek at this baby!

Is this the most agile fighter on the planet? Check out this vid..amazing manoeuvrability. This is the latest version of the MiG-29 OVT (MiG-35) with the proven thrust-vectoring engine and fly-by-wire technology.

The fighter is more agile and has an increase in range to 2,139 km (1,329 statute miles) and has improved avionics, vast improvements in weapon systems, HOTAS systems, a wider range of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons, as well as improved defensive and offensive avionics suites.

The aircraft is being marketed under the designation MiG-35 to various countries in the Middle East and India.

And here's the first official presentation...Darn! It's in Russian!

Cheers!

[edit on 1-7-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is it just me or do most russian planes leave a smoke trail, is it because of the type of fuel they use?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Is it just me or do most russian planes leave a smoke trail, is it because of the type of fuel they use?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter

Most planes use fuel called kerosene which basically is a gas that expands alot when ignited and mixed with compressed air. Something worth pointing out is that kerosene is taxfree. There are varieties of kerosene suitable for different planes.

It's not a good idea to use differnet fuel for Russian and Western planes. They couldn't operate as well and it would be a disaster to maintain everything when having to worry about two sorts of fuels. So no they don't use different fuels.

All jet planes leave smoke trails. I think you are talking about smoke coming out from the plane which is meant to help the viewer see the flight path. This kind of smoke is also used to simply to make the flight "better looking". It's totally harmless for the nature.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

so the mig-35 is flying with AESA then

watch the second video to see for yourself.

top topics

join