It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's nuclear reactor - fueled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Iran`s nuclear reactors - fueled

www.debka.com

DEBKA-Net-Weekly 304 disclosed on June 8 that the week before the G8 opened in Germany, Moscow released the long-withheld nuclear fuel for Iran’s atomic reactor in Bushehr. It was delivered 24 hours before Israel launched its new military imaging satellite Ofeq-7, bringing forward the Iranian threat to Israel, according to DEBKAfile’s military sources. One immediate result has been the stiffening of Tehran’s negative posture, sparking what nuclear watchdog director Mohammed ElBaradei called Mond
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.topix.net

[edit on 1-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I do not like the tone of the report - it reads like an opposite of FOX - so i am posting the links as the source - i do not agree with the tone or the way its reported.

My opinion;

well you can pretty much bet the fuel is at Bushehr allready and is most likely loaded now with the core ready to go live - the site is much more advanced in developement than when Israel bombed the Iraqi reactor ; this reactor could go hot very soon - BUT it is a large LPW (light water power) reactor , which are very much unsuited to a weapons program.

so a bombing at this stage IMO could very much result in potential of nuclear fallout accross the middle east.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Harlequin,
Where does it say that the reactor is a light watter reactor?
I looked the source and did not see it.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Pretty-good find, Harlequin

I'm a bit razzle-dazzled with it and not sure how much to believe ( if not all?).
Honestly, once we got into the Russia media and stuff it get's a wee-bit difficult as they seem to tell more lies than western media. Whether fed or misconstrued from the gov source?

But excellent find all the same !!

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Harlequin
Where does it say that the reactor is a light water reactor?
I looked the source and did not see it.

www.globalsecurity.org...

In January 1995, Russia and Iran signed a contract under which Russia would provide one VVER-1000 [aka WWER-1000] 950-1,073 MWe (electrical) light water reactor at Bushehr. The VVER-1000 reactor would be similar in configuration to Unit Four of the Russian Balakovskaya plant at Balakovo, Saratov.

en.wikipedia.org...

On June 29, 2004, IAEA Director General Mohammad El-Baradei announced that the Bushehr reactor was "not of international concern" since it was a bilateral Russian-Iranian project intended to produce nuclear energy. The reactor is under full IAEA safeguards.

smoke and mirros - the IAEA approves of this legal nuclear reactor.

any attack against it would not only endanger the entire middle east , but as its approved by the IAEA and built within the framework of the NPT (and the fact that LPW type is totally unsuitable for weapons programme) it would be totally illegal and an act of terrorism (as the pure definition of the word)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think it's the enrichment activities that are drawing the attention of the International Community. The Russian Reactor will just be a target of opportunity.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nuclear containers were loaded on a train in the yard of the manufacturers JSC Novosibirsk Chemical Concentrates Plant on June 2 containing two types of nuclear fuel, WER-440 and WER-1000.

The special train then headed out of Novosibirsk to Astrakhan on the Caspian Sea, 1200 miles away. There, the containers awaited loading aboard a Russian ship destined for Bandar Anzili, the Iranian military port on the Caspian shore. A fleet of Iranian trucks was waiting at Bandar Anzili to transport the nuclear fuel to Bushehr, a distance of about 500 miles to arrive about June 10.

A few days before the nuclear fuel left the Siberian factory, Tehran delivered the sum of $327 million for a new shipment of Russian missiles to Syria. Iran pledged another $438 million for further arms consignments before the fuel cargo was allowed to go forward. Putin then ordered the cargo to be loaded at Astrakhan, but await delivery in port until payment was made.

Iran deposited the money Tuesday June 12 and the ship was permitted to sail across the Caspian Sea to Iran.

Putin never promised Bush that Russia would deny Iran the nuclear fuel for its Bushehr reactor in perpetuity, as some circles in Washington have claimed. He did assure US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that he would postpone delivery as long as he could, despite Moscow’s contractual commitments to Tehran.

The Bush administration’s plan to deploy missiles in East Europe angered the Putin so much as to set this assurance aside.

His move hits the US where it hurts most. The UN Security Council meets at the end of June to approve harsher sanctions against Iran for continuing to enrich uranium in defiance of previous resolutions. The Russian fuel delivery will substantially dilute the effect of such penalties, especially since Iran is about to culminate a deal for the acquisition of long range ballistic missiles from North Korea.

The Russian president has developed a complex and well thought out retaliation strategy for America’s missile deployment in East Europe.

A second consignment of nuclear fuel was delivered to India from the same Russian factory which supplied Bushehr. This was a swipe by Putin at US-Indian nuclear cooperation. It was also meant to place Moscow at the forefront of any contest over domination of the Indian arms market. Moscow is working hard to the develope military ties between New Delhi and Tehran. The Kremliln has not uttered the last word on this subject yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If Israel or the US bomb this reactor, how would the fallout endanger the WHOLE Middle East?? When Chernobyl blew its top I remember a "cloud" that drifted almost all the way around the world. I don't remember millions or even thousands of deaths but I could be wrong.

What would be the comparison between the two if this happened.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think your question goes to the heart of the matter. The answer is: Time. If there is to be a Strike, the sooner the better. It only gets worse with 'Time'.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I find that this is just another step towards highly damaging Russia's relationship with the US. And that's vital for the US, seeing as Russia has the resources to supply many nations, as well as if the US loses Russia, then we might also lose China. Because Russia and China love eachother

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Russia's loud lately. Over the European Missile Defence system built and installed by the United States.

It really seems that this is a very important time that the USA had simply strategic people available to go over & talk to these dudes, ie Putin's foreign Minster.

But it ain't happening and US President Bush and his coming meeting with President Putin may and probably will amount to nothing over this Russian foreign relations issue. Since Reagan, God rest his Soul, Russia's seemingly been sitting fair and on the world to democratic advancement.

Then, Mr Putin grabs the reins from Yeltsin and being an 'ex' KGB person stays quiet but watches everything. Now Mr Putin is speaking and loud at that.

The USA will come out ahead. Once they hit mid 2008.

Dallas

EDIT: Iran's ambitions soon will be the manufacture of underground homes for the radical.
Woman, & Children I feel will directed to safe zones just prior to a defensive-attack putting their Government's nuc ambitions out of order.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
If Israel or the US bomb this reactor, how would the fallout endanger the WHOLE Middle East?? When Chernobyl blew its top I remember a "cloud" that drifted almost all the way around the world. I don't remember millions or even thousands of deaths but I could be wrong.

What would be the comparison between the two if this happened.

There is a big difference though between a meltdown and a nuclear blast..
A meltdown could radiate the direct environment of the reactor intense for athousand years[and much more than a blast], Chernobyl is still inhabitable for thousand years.A blast spreads the radiations and will be much less and thinning.Hiroshima is a huge city again, same as nagasaki..
These reactors are underground so not much will happen to the rest of he ME..I knew the only thing happened here in holland after Chernobyl was that we kept our cows inside for some weeks because our spinach was a little affected or something..

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well , maybe they will hot start the reactor sooner rather than later WITH the IAEA with them and stop the speculation.

top topics

join