It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Exposed!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercury144

he is not dead because if someone killed him, it would mean he is right, and he is. He doesn't say bad things about anyone, only about their actions. On the other hand there are people who are payed or not, to say bad things about him. Alex Jones speaks for all people in the world and the day they kill him they're giving him the credits he deserves.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
Even if he is compromised, his information is great. We have to grab as much info as possible than scrutinize it and come up with our own conclusions.

Exactly! You always have to read between the lines. That is the only place you will find the truth.
Everybody has an agenda, even Alex, and every word from anyones mouth has to come through a tainted filter of bias, omissions and exaggerations, that are in-line with their agenda and purpose.
As for the mainstream, you read a story about Iran on CNN or FOX or whatever, go look for that story on the BBC, then Reuters, then ITAR-TASS, then FARS. You'll find multiple directions of spin, but these angles will cancel themselves out, and therein lies a closer perception of the truth.
I don't have time to listen to Alex Jones anymore (not unless he is going to help me with my algebra and calculus!), but there is no doubt that there is a wealth of info expounded from his head. He knows his stuff well - better than most, but I'm not saying that it is all correct. Far from it. Which is why, if you're paying attention to the Alex camp, you need to go and balance it against other angles on the same subject. Sensationalism keeps viewing audiences and funding. As I've said in another thread, his style of shouting people down and insulting them: that's kids stuff. Arguing with someone about police or tax or something, he'll just suddenly jump to some fringe NWO conspiracy, or Bush is the devil and working for the pope or something, and then everything falls apart from there. Total waste of opportunity to gather intel, opinion and convince audiences.
He is not a dis-info agent in the sense that he is presenting the wrong information to deliberately mislead people for someone elses agenda - he is deliberately misleading people for his own agenda, but at the end of the day, at least he is getting some alternative information out there, and giving people a voice who would have non in this controlled media age.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Mercury144

he is not dead because if someone killed him, it would mean he is right, and he is. He doesn't say bad things about anyone, only about their actions. On the other hand there are people who are payed or not, to say bad things about him. Alex Jones speaks for all people in the world and the day they kill him they're giving him the credits he deserves.

Not really. If an agency was sent to take him out, he would be gone, and it would look perfectly legit. Unless they botched it, of course. You may have an inkling that that drug overdose/car crash/heart attack/missing on holiday was set up, but you aren't going to be able to prove anything. And even if you could, what is anyone going to be able to do about it?
He isn't dead/missing because he is not a threat. Simple as that. He may be an annoyance to some, but he his viewed as a fringe lunatic by the vast majority of Americans. That may not be true, but that is how he is seen. And perception is the reality. It's all about hyper-reality when dealing with media and audiences. Alex could use the info that he has in a very different way, and he could indeed become a threat and effect a change in mainstream attitudes. If that happened, then the established power would indeed start putting the dampners on him, or at least contolling his output, and subverting his will.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why he feels the need to be so intense.
I mean I guess I would want to be also, given the subject matter, but you have got to realize at some point that your intensity starts to work against your cause, scares people, makes them shy away, and pull their children closer.

He needs to be more level headed and calmer. Everything that he says would be much better recieved by mainstream if he would just tone it down a few notches.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

agree with the statement about "LOOK IT UP FOT YOUSELF!" , was watching documentary about who owns the American media. Im in the uk, we like to think we have the good old BBC, wondered who owns the bbc? google it, will tell u this :The BBC is a 'public corporation': neither a private corporation nor a government department. The high ideal is that it is held in trust for the public of the UK by the BBC Trust (the successor to the Board of Governors following the renewal of the BBC Charter by the government in 2006).
But who actually gets to decide what gets put out on the bbc? = Mark Byford who is the Deputy Director General of the BBC and head of all its journalism. His blurb on wikapedia makes him sound like a real average up and comer who by the age of 54 made it to be in control of the bbc's output, at this point i was quite impressed,
But when his fathers name came up 'Sir' Lawence Byford. thought might check him out 2. Remember the 'Yorkshire riper' case. well after the countless mistakes made by the police there was an inquiry about the failures of the police and recomendations for the future. His father Sir Lawence Byford wrote it. And i just read it, is quite long and dry. But if u read it in the context of truth hunting its quite revealing Quote " 602. An increased use of computers could have been of invaluable assistance to investigating officers in the ripper case but it should be bourne in mind that such computer usage would inevitably have led to an increase in the storage of information about people and their awful activities.
The last staement in the document states: 269. Standardisation is even more important when the use of computers in major incident rooms is contemplated. Unless methods of indexing, recording and filling are comon to all police forces, the computerisation of multi force records in a series type investigation is likely to prove impossible to mount. (para 448)
So in short, guy who made recomendations about computer profileing the public, and a centralised computer data base (we now have numorus examples of these, even your local council can and are recording your telephones and computer browsing completely legally here in uk).
And then this guys son ends up getting to decide what gets shown on the good old beeb!! seems little curious no? - no longer a believer in coincedence!
Please excuse the terrible gramma and typo's, an unfortunate product of the public funded schools of the uk, (i do have a B at A level in englich LOL!)
This was first time i researched a topic from scratch, was a liberating experience, and was nice coming to answeres myself! do not be a repeater! LOOK IT UP YOURSELF! and it was easy to find, i found all this info on the top line of google! Would like to know more about NOAM CHOMPSKI, seems like a well researched documentary, was a member of the facalty at MIT said some interesting things about Manufacturing Concent. would appreciate feedback on this guy 2 pls. much love

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The best criticism I have heard against Alex Jones is that he offers no solutions. He tells people to go protest ; sometimes people have no choice but to protest. Protesting is problematic ,because it is really begging ; it empowers politicians. I heard Jones criticize the movie Zeitgiest which details many non violent and unobtrusive actions which would do more to free people than anything Jones has proposed so far. Jones is an entertainer if the elite collapse under the weight of their own arrogance ,Jones is out of a job.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
The best criticism I have heard against Alex Jones is that he offers no solutions.

I say it again, people...when somebody pickes up a bullhorn and yells at you "Look, over there...look! Look!"

Then turn around and see what he is trying to distract you from noticing.

Deny Ignorance, folks.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He steals other peoples work.
He stands on the shoulders of thosse who have covered important things for years.

that being said, about 50% of what comes out his mouth has some truth to it.

why?

Because thats the best way to discredit it!
He mangles in so many lies and BS into the truth, both end up being passed off as BS.

he is either SELLING US OUT
or he is a total and utter crackpot who simply prints and reports every random peice of #ty rumor he comes across.

what is quite clear is there is a #load of misinformation coming from alex jones. i had never even heard of the guy until recently.
and yet, after reviewing pretty much all his stuff, he would have you believe it was him who came up with it! he stole it from far better, far smarter, and for more thoughtful people than he could ever hope to be!

he takes other peoples work, and mashes it fine stew of lies and truth. which means people who listen to the guy, get the truth and the misinformation at the same time, making them totally implausable to the general populace, and damaging the entire freaking movement.

Take police state. very real revealing footage, clear signs of what was too come. you think all that footage is his? bs it is. he took about half of it off people, then threw his own rubbish into the middle of it, most likley to keep the radar down a notch.

Despite what some, or he may think. people have been exposing things like a new world order far longer than him, the movement never revolved around him, hes simply nothing but a parasite, feeding off it and making money, while throwing out ridiclous BS to discredit it.

We could do without him.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by bigfootedfred]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Also you may notice he never talks against Vatican and church.

wrong..he often heavily criticizes both.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If nothing else, I respect AJ for having the balls to do what he does. I might not agree with every single word that comes out of his mouth but I definitely think he's fighting the good fight. I started checking out infowars/prisonplanet a few years ago and initially thought .. whoa, yeah right, no way, etc. Then all the things he's been talking about for years started happening all around us. I think it's just his style that puts some people off - he gets loud and can get carried away at times. I've never purchased one but I think it's great that he's all about copying his dvd's and giving them away or putting them up on torrents, etc. It's not like he's making tons of money doing this. I could be wrong but I think he's one of the rare good guys.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Whatever. Only a fool would throw themselves on every word he says like he's a prophet of some sort. That being said, he provides excellent perspective, and much of what he says ties into common sense.

By all means say what you will of Alex. Do your own research. Come to your own conclusions.

Many if not all of these "activists" have mud on them. Yet it doesn't mean that some of what they say isn't well intentioned.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
cbas's post above says it all,

originally posted by cbas

What I don't understand is why he feels the need to be so intense.
I mean I guess I would want to be also, given the subject matter, but you have got to realize at some point that your intensity starts to work against your cause, scares people, makes them shy away, and pull their children closer.

He needs to be more level headed and calmer. Everything that he says would be much better recieved by mainstream if he would just tone it down a few notches.

the most important thing to maintain through everything that is going on, despite our obvious outrage, is an even temperament.

alex jones, although seemingly well-intentioned, has frequently crossed the line, and that is not how change is achieved; through harassment of politicos, or public servants.

the message is the thing, and not the poor examples that seem to have been shown. it's clear that the information is upsetting folks, but these same folks are not interested in engaging in belligerent, bellicose, or anarchical behavior to achieve an end - and rightly so.

it has been suggested that jones is working for forces who wish to perpetuate fear and anxiety in an attempt to disrupt our own equanimity and, as a consequence, our power base.

further, it has been suggested that jones' agenda, along with what have been termed "fake" 9-11 truth movement groups, is to drive the american people to revolt, which would then necessitate martial law.

these assertions may seem ridiculous, but it's a strange world we live in. i am happy to see, however, that irrespective of these allegations being true or not, that we still have a level-headed populace who, despite realizing what is happening in office, is moving forward with an ordered and clear determination.

as an objective observer, the fear and anxiety jones is perpetuating is no different than what the u.s. government is peddling. unfortunately, too much aggression - stepping over the line - undermines your own message, and causes people to take a step back.

when you're in fear and anxious you make poor decisions, bottom line. enough people have taken a step back, and a good hard look at jones and are asking questions. that's great.

my suggestion is to only take the "information" alex is sharing, weigh its merits on your own, and take away only what you need; which should not include the fear, anxiety, or any other disruptive emotional baggage that this information is likely to generate in those who are not prepared mentally or emotionally to assimilate it.

there is a lot of information there, and it can be overwhelming. at least take a step back, and a couple of deep breaths before letting it influence your actions.

it won't matter anyway, soon enough, because it's clear that the game is shifting; the tables are turning, for the better - irregardless of whether or not jones' agenda has been to generate fear and anxiety.

fail

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I heard AJ on one of his shows (within the last 12 months) accuse Ron Paul of betraying the 911 truth movement or Paul's 911 truth supporters. Does anyone know the date that program was on. I have a friend that doesn't believe it and I want to prove it to him. Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i made a website about Alex Jones:

Alex Jones Exposed

Here are the links:

alexjonesexposed.weblog.com...
one.xthost.info...

You can also download the site as a PDF
document and put it on your site if you
want. ( see download section )

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shrunkensimon

I was actually close with this guy many years ago and after reading everything everyone wrote here it makes me laugh. He is such an average joe you wouldn't even beleive. He's not overly intellectual and definitely more of someone to get caught up in the strong beleifs of others than to come up with something on his own. All and all he is a decent guy so don't go over the top imaginging that he is something or working for someone that he's not.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
@ "posted on 13-10-2008 @ 08:16 PM by bigfootedfred"

100% TRUE. Very well said.

He attacks always the mainstream media but from the same media
he attacks he has all his information in most cases.

And not enough, he also prints it out ( there articles ) and has a stack
of these papers on his table in his SHOW - but - you can only see this
show when you pay money to him.

So what others gave out for FREE ( and they made all the work ) - this
stuff he just takes and sells it .. in his videos, in his SHOW, and he also
puts his commercial ads into their articles for money reasons.

First he attacks the media, then he takes all their stuff and sells it and
uses it for being the "hero" and "only one" ..

And yes .. he is MIXING truth with lies together ... and most of the whole
movement is taking it ... without questioning it ..

This guy is a big fraud and has to be exposed.

Look here, a website about Alex Jones lies:

/aq35jt

He betrayed a patriot family and sold them out to the media for
25.000 dollar ...

This is the true Alex Jones. A liar and a hypocrite. How he is a gold
seller and a business man ... and yes .. all with the work from others ...

He is a poor guy. Very poor.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I used to feel like I knew Alex Jones and he was an answer to prayer for finding the truth and explanations to connect the dots of information I have accumulated for years. Maybe I am going through a burn out phase, but he is starting to seem like a Rush Limbaugh clone again only missing the cigar and neocon commentary.

Something seems to have happened with the pressure of funding a new studio and fancy equipment that bothers me. First, the quality of his videos seem to go down since "Terrorstorm", the callers praising his latest DVD sound like shills (best video has has ever made), and he cannot shut up while other people are talking. I like many of his guests, but have had it with his solo rants and his finger snapping.

There is still much to like about Alex and his great work, but I do think that he downplays the role of Zionists and the state of Israel in events. He does mention them and doesn't completely avoid the issue, but my research and books like "Supermob" by Gus Russo show more participation than less. When you take an objective look at even old events like the JFK assassination, the Zionists are very underexposed with Zapruder acting like an innocent bystander. From his position he took the one area where you could see behind the picket fence and didn't even flinch at the shots.

There is just something bothering me about the filtering that seems to be going on, his need to credit himself, and the arbitrary censuring of comments on Alex's sites. I agree that PressTV.com, Rense.com and AmericanFreePress.net provide better coverage on some of the news topics.

Having reviewed the greatly hyped "Obama Deception", this will be the first time I will not buy his latest DVD because I wasn't impressed. People would be far better off with Tarpley's book. Apparently, I am not alone since he has already announce a new version before all the original DVDs have been delivered. In the back of my mind it scares me that Alex picked a tough time to expand and could be desperate for income, but I can understand that better than the hype and censorship.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Anti-Fraud]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join