It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our are fears destroying humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
With the exception of the Cuban missile crisis I don’t think that the western world as lived in such a controlled climate of fear period.

Just of the top of my head I can name:

Terrorism
War/s
Economic Fears
Environmental Fears
Fear of each other
Fear of the unknown

The above can easily be broken down into many sub groups creating a practically infinite list.

My question is this, Why are we living in what should be one of the greatest times of humanity, in fear of almost everything. Could it be that it’s just the way we are? Maybe we are meant to live in fear it’s got us this far? Or could it be that a lot of what we fear is manufactured for us by the powers that be?

The way I see it most people more than likely want a change for the better all across the world today. But as westerners sitting at the top of the world social standings we find it harder than ever to call for this change because we have been spoon fed the medicine of fear for so long now we don’t want to risk having to face any changes.

It does seem to me more than ever these days that Western society can’t really carry on like it is for much longer, mainly due to our standard of living and the infrastructure that we use to maintain this. Take the UK for example our population is now far to dense that if for any reason we had to become self sufficient in feeding ourselves we simply couldn’t do it. The amount of food the country can produce falls way short of what the country needs. I’m sure this applies to many other countries as well but if I suggested that people need to address this issue by leaving densely populated areas and becoming self-sufficient I would be laughed at.

I guess the point I’m trying to make here is are we letting our fears real or manufactured control our lives? Are fears self-fulfilling i.e. the more we worry about them the more they will come true?

Regards

Paul

PS sorry if this sounds like a mindless rant!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Another example and perhaps more apt at the moment is the fear of terrorism and how we are prepared to give up civil libertys to be protected from it.

Now im not saying that terrorism doesn't exist, but if we asked ourselves we would understand that we are partly responsible for the cause of it. We allow the goverment elect to create the pressure cooker that is needed to breed terrorism, we do this because we fear what will happen if we don't.

I'm sure we have more ways forward we just need to decide what to do. We just need to (sorry for sounding so preachy!) OPEN OUR EYES!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Real simple answer:
The powers that be understand that the easiest way to control people, is to make them afraid. The natural reaction is to "herd" together, thus leading to simplified command and control.
Himmler spoke to this issue (I'm para-phrasing here, if someone could supple the exact quote/translation it would be appreciated) 'The people must be kept in a state of fear and then they will follow any direction without hesitation.'

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The above poster has hit the nail hard on the head!

It is not human nature to be afraid..quite the opposite. Its just that we have been in the current fearful mindset for so long that most of us have forgotten what it means to actually BE alive.

As soon as people begin to remember that we are co-creators, that we manifest the reality we want to see infront of us, then things will begin to change very quickly. We have always had that power, and we still do.. its just a case of waking enough people up for it to become a chain reaction/critical mass.

In the end, there is no point in being afraid of our own fear..

We must move forward, spread love, and WAKE UP

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I agree 100% but I don't share your optimism.

I can't see how we are going to wake up, it seems society as accepted this state of being. We traded our freedom for the creature comforts of society, our leaders know this and to stop us wanting the days of freedom back trap us with the ever increasing list of fear.

Don't get me wrong I can see how in some ways we can still thrive living like this as a race, but at the same time I can see how the final outcome will be the loss of free will for us as well.

This got me thinking about why we have so many beleives about how a terrible event is just around the corner. Take John Titor for example, even though his Civil War and other predictions haven't played out people still cling to the tale. I think this is partly due to the fact that if it comes true then the fears they cling to will occur and once faced freedom follows! Does this make any sense or shall I shut up now?!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Nah, it makes perfect sense, because i still find myself thinking those very thoughts sometimes... but i've just seen enough to know that at the end of the day, good always prevails

Also i think its important to bare in mind that the elite do put out alot of these "predictions", via various means, like shills on ATS for example... or Alex Jones, people who help spread confusion and fear.

Things are happening the way they are because people need to learn various lessons. It was always destined to happen the way it is now.. there has to be enough duality in the world (good vs evil) for us to brake through to the next level (you still with me? lol). Im referring to 2012 here.

Just remember, other stuff has happened in Earths history than the last 100 years of "Illuminati domination".. like the building of great stone monuments, that have stood the test of time.. its not all been doom and gloom you know

Ask yourself, why would these people build such monuments, which also include various mathematical concepts, and in the case of the Mayans, relates to their "stages of evolution" and concept of the "end of time"..

There is more to life than meets the eye..

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has seen it... But if you've seen some of the commercials for the gov'ts new 'ready.gov' you would know that they are terrorism in their own right. If anyone else has seen them, reply, because it basically was two kids on a couch and the commercial is somewhat like (can't quite really remember) "Where will you be when the next terrorist attack occurs?" Anyways, if there is a link to the trailer I will try to find it... Or if someone beats me to it... because it is basically hitler-esque gov't terrorism.

SR

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Humanity is it's own greatest enemy and danger i don't think we'll ever wake up to it but we can always hope!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Look at my signature. There's the cause of the problem.

top topics

join