It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving lights over Dallas Texas: 02:08 am

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That LongBeach helicopter video was amazing because it looked like
the UFO dropped more mass than it itself was made of. I wonder if
the police sent squad cars to the general "drop zone" with Infrared
binoculars to look around for heat signatures? It seems that law
enforcement sees a great many unusual events. If it weren't for the
modern video/internet age, we would never know about any of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I saw something simillar to what the op posted a couple of weeks ago here in Austin, TX. It was too far West to be able to gauge correctly what was going on. As I tried to drive to the West it was over.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

To whomever posted the video link Police helicopter films UFO that is exactly what I saw.

Again, when you see something coming out the bottom of the object, that is what it ends up being almost every single time. The reason is that Candles, flares, or a similar item is used to create the Hot air in the bag, and what is seen dropping off are pieces of burning wax or plastic.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by defcon5]

Not to be picky, but do you have a link to how these hot air balloons that are powered by flares, candles or the like? I've never heard of that particular type of power source... more like the traditional gas fired hot air balloons ...but those dont drip...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I beg to differ. We used to make these types of balloons all the time.

It's not hard to type a few words into google. Its easier than writing a post asking for someone else to send you a link. Or do you rely on other people for all your conclusions too? Google is your friend.

www.overflite.com...

I would say about half of the balloons we sent up caught fire at altitude. When the plastic starts to melt and flaming drips are falling it looks kind of cool.

The "ufo" in the video is not moving fast. The helicopter is moving fast and circling the balloon. That creates the illusion that the bag is zipping through the air when in reality it is just the ground moving behind it as the chopper moves.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I beg to differ. We used to make these types of balloons all the time.

It's not hard to type a few words into google. Its easier than writing a post asking for someone else to send you a link. Or do you rely on other people for all your conclusions too? Google is your friend.

Jesus guy...wtf is your problem... I just asked you a question..I wouldn't even know where to get started to find out about candle powered balloons.

"You can tell allot about someone by how they treat someone who can do nothing for them"

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Round these parts, we calls em' Flying Farolitios. We suspend stick candles from a paper canopy as opposed to a plastic bag (roughly 4'x4'). Looks something like a child's parachute. Common occurrence at Christmas time...and sanctioned by the powers that be.

Apparently variations on these home-style air-balloons are pretty common worldwide. In my opinion, the object in the 'Police Helicopter' video meets the visual criteria.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

Edit: Clarification.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Not to be picky, but do you have a link to how these hot air balloons that are powered by flares, candles or the like? I've never heard of that particular type of power source... more like the traditional gas fired hot air balloons ...but those dont drip...

Yeah, I linked a site about it in my first post, but I’ll put it here for you again:

Originally posted by defcon5
Actually when the OP first mentioned that it was dropping something, the first thing that came to my mind is UFO Balloons. These tend to sometimes drop their fuel as they fly, and it shows up as smaller lights dropping from the main light. Maybe someone let some off as part of the Fourth or July celebration.

Tiloke and OBE1 also have the same things mentioned in their posts. They are also known as Flying Lanterns.

Tiloke is also correct in his evaluation of the movement of the helicopter in relation to the apparent movement of the object. It should also be mentioned that the helicopter was using FLAR or infrared as its camera, thus exaggerating the size of the burning fuel source. From the ground these objects are hard to judge size on as they are brightly lit on the inside, and appear as a larger object at higher altitude, rather then as a smaller one that is lower. The bright interior lighting exaggerates the objects size when put against a dark sky background.

Also just to mention it, these are illegal to use almost everywhere in the US as they can cause fires, so check your local laws before thinking about playing around with one.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is too all you people asking for videos, and camera pictures...
While its very good to get evidence, and proof, sometimes we dont have the means. Had I seen the lights that night, I would have been shirt out of luck for documenting it, my camera runs on 2 AA batteries, and I havent gotten replacements yet.
Had that happened to me, should I NOT post about my experience? Maybe someone can calm me down, tell me what it might have been, link to a newspaper showing details of fireworks. It's what friends do for one another.
We're not always out for getting evidence.
Maybe Youtube would be a better place to hang out, especially if your going to use caps and curse at people.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
While I can understand you're point of view Kai, I'm also kind of awestruck that no one else had anything to document it with. Not even a cell phone to get photos with? I'm just at a loss for words on that alone. It's just mind boggling to think of how many people could have seen something, and DIDN'T record anything but their thoughts on it. Call me whatever you will, but it's just odd is all.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
While it might have appeared to be at high altitude to the OP, if the object was bright and low altitude it would not have been visible over a large area. With that in mind, very few folks other then the OP would have been in the visible range to take a photo of it anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
between 2 and 3 on the aforementioned night, I was traveling west bound through Arkansas on I-40, and I saw an luminescent object in the southern sky moving from west to east at a very high rate of speed. Did not flash, did not look any aircraft I have ever seen, and as far away as it was, it only took about five seconds to cross the whole sky, I mean this thing was really moving!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
between 2 and 3 on the aforementioned night, I was traveling west bound through Arkansas on I-40, and I saw an luminescent object in the southern sky moving from west to east at a very high rate of speed. it only took about five seconds to cross the whole sky, I mean this thing was really moving!

I have seen something like that before myself. An object is moving mighty quick when it goes horizon to horizon in just a few seconds.

[edit on 7/22/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Where abouts in AR, pray tell? I used to live in North Central AR for 16 years, so I may be able to pin down a base near there. Most of AR is under a military flight zone. The area I lived in was on the outskirts of one. They would fly low-level sorties with their belly planes just North of town. I've even seen a F-16 fly over a school there. A mighty interesting area for military operations, but that's about all the place is good for, in my opinion.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey Pokey Oates,

I am with you on that. It was aug 7 2009 at 1:38am< i was driving home and from 30w i exited onto 635 north. it was right around the centerville rd exit but before northwest highway, it was moving in a circular motion then up down very odd patterns and it would go from red to green and that was extremely bright you couldnt miss it. it was red and green at the same time too. funy thing is ....i have pics from the side of the road. i pulled over and tried to follow it as best i could . so you are not alone what you say is true if your talkin bout the same thing i saw in the sky. i swear that it is true and yes i have pics.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by THAT ONE DUDE

If you have pictures, please post them. Or even create a new thread describing your event and post the pictures there.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join