It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 140 th Birthday Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your quite right scorps. EH !!
Couple of days from now our American Friends enjoy their anniversary too.
Pure defensive and/or offensive power on earth and best judging Presidents to ensure security for their people. And in that, securing freedom to American friends to their north.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid Damn, everyone forgets Halifax. Party town Ca-na-da. Great food, beer, wonderful people, culture, booze, parties, beer, seafood. Did I mention booze.

Halifax is a great city, Intrepid, and a Happy Canada Day to all of you Bluenosers out there!!

The older I get, the better I like this country...not because we now share a harmonious level of tedium, but because I have learned how much this country has to offer. I'm exploring places I've never seen...love Halifax, really enjoy St. John's (George St) and the rest of the Rock (fish & brewis). Need to see the rest of the Maritimes, spend time in La Belle Province. Rediscovering what a great place Toronto is. Go back to the flatlands, the mountains, the Left Coast. Need to see the far north. Wanna see an iceberg on an Arctic ocean.

I intend to experience this country from sea to sea to sea. Happy Birthday to us.

The rest of you? Ya'll come and visit, now y'hear? We'll leave a light on...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG
Happy Birthday Canada!!!

Canada is certainly one of the better countries in the world offering an excellent quality of life to its inhabitants.

Off on tangent, but...

I am personally looking at leaving the UK and settling in either Australia or Canada in a couple years time. I am a professional Mechanical Engineer who has the necessary points for either country, however, I haven't started the process yet because I haven't decided which country I would prefer to live in.

The problem I have with the UK is the cost of buying a house at the moment is ludicrous. There is such a lack of houses that the average price of a house in the UK is more than 10x the average wage (worse around London!) I could get a mortgage for a huge 5x my wage and buy a flat or a house in a rough area but If I emigrate I could get a good house in a decent country. I am still under thirty and looking to buy a house and settle down.

I am more inclined towards Oz at the moment because of the weather. But I haven't ruled-out Canada yet.

So tell me what makes Canada such a great place to live?

Canada is a great country, but the long winters do suck. I would go to Australia.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

Canada is a great country, but the long winters do suck. I would go to Australia.

Actually, being from the UK he wouldn't notice much difference if he went to Vancouver or Victoria(Vancouver island). Wet winters.

Here's an old joke. A man was in line to be pitched into Hell by Satan. He noticed every once in a while that Satan would throw a person aside. Once it got to be his turn he asked the Devil why he threw those people aside. The Devil answered, "They're from Vancouver Island, they're to damn wet to burn."

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid "They're from Vancouver Island, they're to damn wet to burn."

Indeed. They don't tan in the summer...they rust.

...and how many Torontonians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

~Three...one to hold the bulb, and two to tell him that's just how they'd do it in New York City. or
~Just one, to hold the light bulb. The Universe revolves around Toronto, so it'll screw itself in.

Challengers??

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Congratulations Canada. Pity about your neighbour - can't have everything.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippichick
Congratulations Canada. Pity about your neighbour - can't have everything.

It's a bad government but a good people. They'll get it right.

HAPPY 4th guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join