It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi prime minister criticizes U.S. raid that leaves 26 dead in Baghdad's Sadr City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
If they can't...

Would you say that our version of democracy in Iraq is a complete failure?

Or if they can't... We will trump their authority and do it for them?

Time is almost up... How much time would you say that the Iraqis have to solve "their own problems"??

I would say that currently Iraq is a democracy of Majority rule. They need to realize that they must insure minority rights as well, which they haven't yet. I would say that Iraq has yet to fully appreciate what a full democracy is. It's not just biggest gets their way at the expense of the others.

If they can't solve their political problems the US will probably just get out of the way and let the Sunni and Shia slaughter eachother. Ultimately it is the Iraqis themselves that will decide their fate, we can help them, but if they are intent on killing eachother, we can't stop them.

As for the time remaining, I give them 6 - 8 months to make a real effort at establishing a "unity government" and plan to distribute the oil wealth among the three main groups in Iraq. Without the involvement of the Shia, Kurds and Sunni in the unity government it will not work. With Sunni engagement in making the national government work, the A.Q. Jihadis soon die out.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Of course the numbers of civilian deaths couldn't be down because all those being killed are now immediately labeled "combatants" as in the original report in this thread could they?

Civilians? Combatants?

Fuzzy Math?

Now that's a scary thought.

"Was this one shootin' at us?" [points at dead body]
"Uhm, yyyyea.."
"How bout this one?"
"Suuure"

Since our enemy has no uniform,
how can one tell for sure?

<< 1   >>

join