It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible-question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm wanting to buy a bible thats has the KJV book in it plus the other books that contains the Macabee's, book of Jubilee and the other books. Just need to be lead in the right direction here then the Mod can either delete the thread or close it.

Is this a canon or what? Please let me know the name so I will know what I'm looking for.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Go to a Catholic book store. They have Bibles with books you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Book of Jubilees online

(Are you studying to become a Rastafarian, by chance?
)

the Book of Maccabees online

Save your money and a trek, and Google first. Unless you need a book version, that is.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hard to underline, make notes, highlight, etc. with online books. If you're studying, I assume you need the actual book. If you're just curious and want to look something up, online books are fine. If the online site allows downloading to a printable form on your computer then, by all means, save some time and trouble.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Are you studying to become a Rastafarian, by chance?

Um... no...(What is that? Never heard of it) Just for studying. Heard the ethiopian bible has 81 books but not sure how to get a hold of one. Checked the bible stores online not much luck.

Edit- looked it up- No don't think so- not in this life time- argh MM I'm gonna slap you!! lol

[edit on 6/30/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
go to amazon.com and type in "ethiopian bible" in the search. good prices.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Is this a canon or what?

In my attempt to help you, I stumbled onto a most confusing lists of canons and explinations of why one is correct and the other isn't. A summary of some are found at wikipedia. (of course)

This is a whole topic to itself and although I've skimmed through several articles on the issue, I'll be honest and say that I don't have a really deep understanding of what's canon and what's not. If anyone knows of a good discussion her on ATS about Biblical Canon could you point us to it? If not I'll dig around and find out what all is going on with this. I do know off-hand that the Book of Enoch was quoted twice in the New Testament. That does give it some weight, but how much I can't say.

I guess you'll just have to search some on-line book stores for what you're looking for.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Aw, Leyla, I made a joke based on what I found when I was Googling the Book of Jubilee.

One of the very top sites about it I went to led me straight to a Rastafarian site. Rastas have a thing for Ethiopia, and the Book of Jubilees is in the Ethiopian bible, so naturally, I saw the humor. I don't know alot about Rastafarianism, but I know the link with Ethiopia is strong.

Didn't mean to offend, just kidding you.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
MM you didn't offend me I know you were kidding.

I did find a clue I hope- Apocrypha-Deuterocanical books.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, before you go shelling out for a new copy (if a printed from the 'net copy isn't what you're after), check EBay. I got a $50 book on shells of the world for $5 plus shipping once.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is interesting the original KJV of 1611 was changed in the late 1800's that left out Macabee's and the other books. It was 80 and got shortened to 66. The version of 1611 was Authorized by King James and wasn't supposed to be changed. The 1611 version can be found and ordered here on the net.

new topics

top topics

join