It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn, there's nothing on TV. Or is there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You go through the menu and find nothing to entertain you. Do you hate it when that happens? Ah but look to Discovery or PBS. There may be some programming there that will teach you something. There was nothing to entertain tonight but a PBS program on cephalopods(squids, octopi, etc.) was damn interesting. I was posting here and listening to this program and learned quite a bit. Did you know that they are notorious canibals?

A couple of weeks ago I learned why The Battle of the Somme(WW1) was such a defeat then but was a success later when the annalist figured out what went wrong.

Post a little online, listen a lot to the Tube. Check it out when visuals are necessary. Put your time to use. You never know when you'll need that info.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree. At the very least it can come in handy impressing your companions while watching Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

My default is the Home & Garden channel. I like to watch them re-do a house. But What Not To Wear is always fun too, if I can't find Mythbusters or Miami Ink reruns.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There's hardly anything on TV good. I swear I think the more channels I get, the worse the situation becomes. But, yes, I agree Discovery, National Geographic, PBS, etc. are good places to look. I usually just watch the news, flipping between FOX, MSNBC and CNN. But when I get tired of those I do look to the science channels and to the movie channels.

There are hardly any network shows I watch any more, just Passions (which is soon going to DirecTV
) and Desperate Housewives (now off the air for the summer).

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yes, I agree. I always watch the various discovery channels, and the history channel are always playing on the tv in my computer room. If not one of those usually the news.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by norbin]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Eh, theres always something on with the OnDemand channels.

Food Network, Court TV, Movies, all of them.

Or if there is really nothing on just put on MSNBC or ESPN and watch the same baseball highlights 14 times.

SR

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I watch like the x-games when it's on or that cops programme now and again same as miami ink and some good films that rarely appear on screen.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
TiVo has saved me from TV boredom. The selection of quality stuff is decreasing but maybe that's a good thing? I kind of like that I am spending less and less time watching TV. And when all I want to do it sit on my couch and veg, I'll go through the list of stuff that's recorded.

new topics

top topics

join