It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEWARE coronal mass ejections July 1 - July 10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Very bad things.

soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

Hajib; seek shelter.

June 25

June 27

June 29

Today June 30:

I had a cardboard box with a cucumber in it out in the sun all day. The box was open. The cucumber was %50 bleached white and cooked half way in. 5 peppers in the box also bleached white; fully cooked. Two japanese eggplant fully cooked.

Beware; this coming week will be bad. Stay indoors, under tree canopy, or at least long sleeves and a wide brim hat.

I stress... something special comes this week; and it will be spicy.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think most people nowadays take extra measures at protecting themselves from the sun especially at this time of the year when its at its strongest here in the UK

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was wandering why i was "feeling something in the air" of late..

I think you may be right about these ones being special too

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Three people close to me felt nausea and headache today. It was definately too bright to be outside and staring at anything white without eye protection.

I Ching chapters 24 and 28 apply.

By the way... sun... normal:

June 24th

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure about this. SpaceWeather isn't posting any warnings. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How delightful. Did you not know that the solar max is approaching?

Researchers say a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years.

"I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007--and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 30-6-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
I think most people nowadays take extra measures at protecting themselves from the sun especially at this time of the year when its at its strongest here in the UK

You're kidding aren't you

The only things we need in the uk are a "Pak-a-mac" and a bloody Kayak.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Am I the only one who laughed and smiled at that? Thanks ... I love when we can mix doom with laughter. Well done.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Regarding 961 and 962:

spaceweather.com
These sunspots pose no threat for strong solar flares. Credit: SOHO/MDI

very well

I still think you need to wear sunglasses.

Do not keep an eye on white objects.

Watch the dry lightning

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah I noticed the sun being "extra bright" today. I had a nice hour long walk out in the open. The sun did seem brighter today.

Also, I had a fast heartbeat for a few minutes which usually correlates to something involving radiation. Well since the sun basically is a giant nuclear reactor, go figure...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner

Originally posted by The_Coo

You're kidding aren't you

The only things we need in the uk are a "Pak-a-mac" and a bloody Kayak.

yeah this summers been a bit of a wash out ill have to admit , although we did have a great April , hardly a bit of rain the whole month
,lets hope it picks up soon

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Whilst I do believe solar weather plays a much more important part on terrestrial weather than some would have you believe, having been a watcher of geo weather these 12 mths, nothing in the forecasts thus far would lead me to believe we would experience anything stronger than a couple C class flares over the period 1 July to 10 July...

Now, if you're talking about the end phase of the current solar cycle from late 2008 onwards, thats a different story entirely...We're going to get some really severe bombardment from the sun during this period and how its going to affect the Earth forecasting right now is obviously very difficult...

Lets just say, I'd be surprised if it isnt the most active period of solar activity over 2 yrs or so since we've been able to keep records of same...

We're talking large scale RF fadeouts, power grid problems, GPS and satellite phone problems, etc...

We should very much be prepared to have our terrestrial and satellite based coms systems to suiffer big outages, and as I've said, these could reach down to power grids and other shorter ranged comms systems...

However, two active zones on the Sun which in the last few months have rotated in/out of effectiveness with little kerfuffle arent going to cause anything too Earth shaking during the period the OP specified

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the images taken at 304 Angstroms the bright material is at 60,000 to 80,000 degrees Kelvin.

In those taken at 171, at 1 million degrees.

195 Angstrom images correspond to about 1.5 million Kelvin.

284 Angstrom, to 2 million degrees.

The hotter the temperature, the higher you look in the solar atmosphere.

Here is today's 284; 2 million degree plot:

Also, remember we are at the absolute minimum in our 11 year cycle:

Regardless, it will be very bright today.

It will be very bright the first week in August as well; peaking August 2nd. Then again on the 30th of August.

September 27th is an important date this year. Expect a Cat 4 or 5 present.

It will only get brighter for the next 5 years. We are in the last 5.5 of 22.

The storm rotates around the sun; it comes every 28 days or so. (27.2753 days) There is a black spot on the midi continuum that passes a few days before the flare.

We have reached a tipping point. There is a breakdown occuring in the magnetic protection we have. It is purposeful. This time as the cycle closes; the ham on the rotisserie will not get basted to keep it moist; some one is passing too much busch light to the chef.

science.nasa.gov...
The polar auroral fountain sprays ions - oxygen, helium, and hydrogen - from Earth's upper ionosphere into deep space. The loss is miniscule compared to the immense ocean of air covering our world, but is significant in terms of what drives space weather around our world.

Haarp and symilair systems have CREATED, at the WILL of man, Auroral Activity. "Active Research" it is called. The ions have been pushed into space and lost to solar wind. Kind of like burning copper and rubber at the same time in a campfire... oooh aaahhh... look at the pretty green flames....

But at what cost?

Never has a 22 year cycle ended while humanity had this technology.

As you well know, there are many other convergences for this coming period.

Here is a great visual on incoming solar energy vs. the magnetosphere; as well as good discussion on the cycle of natural solar storms and the natural regrowth of the magnetosphere:

modelweb.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Also, remember that although gigawatt energy systems such as haarp may be miniscule in comparison to the radiation coming from the sun... Haarp pushes OUT towards space. The sun's radiation is pushing IN on our magnetosphere.

That was my morning rant; everybody needs a good one. I am in the heart of Babylon with polarized shades on all week.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
VENUS crossing SATURN in western sky of north america.

For about 2 hours after sunset, the two planets appear separated by about 1½ Full-Moon widths (0.8°) from our perspective on Earth. Astronomers call such a close pairing a conjunction.

www.astronomy.com...

Very pretty. Anyone have good pictures?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

"I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007--and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011." []The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). "[This] sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says.

Solar Storm Warning

wikipedia - solar flare
Solar flares release a cascade of high energy particles known as a proton storm. Protons can pass through the human body, doing biochemical damage.

Wear your hematite this week. Note the brightness and feel the radiation. Note how you still feel the sun after you come into the shade. It sticks with you.

Leave a cucumber in the sun this week; watch what happens... try it again august 2, then august 30

August 2nd will make believers of some... every 27 days the radiation will become more intense; from now until 2012. 30 to 50% stronger than 1990

This year 5 cm of wood will protect you. Month by month increase in cosmic ray intensity will mark ever decreasing recovery in magnetospheric protection. Come 2012 there may be an absense, your guess is as good as mine; but I'm counting on 3 feet of earth between me and God.

wikipedia - venus

Venus was important to the Maya civilization, who developed a religious calendar based in part upon its motions, and held the motions of Venus to determine the propitious time for events such as war []and the urge to sympathize and unite with others

wikipedia - saturn

Saturn is []the Judge among all the planets, and determines everyone according to their own performed deeds bad or good.[]The Return of Saturn (Saturn return) is said to mark significant events

en.wikipedia.org...

# Region Class C M X P
:Reg_Prob: 2007 Jul 01
0961 20 1 1 1
0962 5 1 1 1

www.sec.noaa.gov...

Yes; class C is the probable for this month.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Looks like things are heating up...(just the way I like it)....Well this is a cause for excitement, but also a reason to exercise caution. However this should not stop people from going out and enjoying themselves, we all need a little sun, some more than others.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey Sri

Gotta agree with you that the next 3 or 4 years are likely to see some amazing things with regard to solar weather and geomagnetic activity and its effects on our day to day lives...

When you say, we havent experienced a peak in the 22 year cycle with the technology we have at the moment is very true...If the current forecasts are correct, in that 20-30% increases in activity over recent solar maximums are reached, then things could well get uncomfortable across a number of fronts...

The thing that worries me the most is, the majority of forecasts before solar maximum previously have proven to be inaccurate so far...Which could potentially mean what is being forecast could be up to 50% worse, or 50% less than what is being forecast for the coming couple of years...

All I can say is god help us if it the former...

For info, here is the sunspot forecasts for the remainder of 2007:

# -----Sunspot Number------ ----10.7 cm Radio Flux----
# YR MO PREDICTED HIGH LOW PREDICTED HIGH LOW
#--------------------------------------------------------------
2007 06 11.8 21.8 1.8 75.5 88.5 62.5
2007 07 12.4 23.4 1.4 75.2 90.2 60.2
2007 08 13.5 25.5 1.5 75.5 92.5 60.0
2007 09 15.5 28.5 2.5 76.4 95.4 60.0
2007 10 18.1 32.1 4.1 77.8 98.8 60.0
2007 11 20.8 35.8 5.8 79.4 101.4 60.0
2007 12 21.3 36.3 6.3 79.4 102.4 60.0

Info can be found here

As you can see, average sunspot activity is projected to almost double in the next 6 mths, which should see an increase of M & X class flares, and also possibly proton events...

We do indeed live in interesting times...

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sri...

I had a thought...Perhaps we can have a couple of us here monitor space/solar weather over the next little bit from different parts of the world...I mean, I'm in the southern hemisphere and whilst I can just as easily check the northern hempisphere details, that doesnt help much when it comes to physical observations as in going outside for a bit a couple times a night to see what you see...

If we could get a few people in each hemisphere and in both east and western parts of same, maybe we can get observations which might give us a heads up as to what might go on ?

My main point with all of this is HAARP...Unless you're close(ish) to the source, you're unlikely to observe anything untoward...This is the only thing on the planet capable of producing effects which could otherwise be attributed to extra terrestrial sources (i.e. normal solar weather)

What do you think, Sri...I value your opinions on such

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Sri...

I had a thought...Perhaps we can have a couple of us here monitor space/solar weather over the next little bit from different parts of the world...

You're welcome to do so in this Op's thread

I mean, I'm in the southern hemisphere and whilst I can just as easily check the northern hempisphere details, that doesnt help much when it comes to physical observations as in going outside for a bit a couple times a night to see what you see...

I'm northern hemisphere; florida; usa... hot, high sun, summer... but I could swear its a little whiter these days...

If we could get a few people in each hemisphere and in both east and western parts of same, maybe we can get observations which might give us a heads up as to what might go on ?

So do you seek objective or subjective data?

What do you think, Sri...I value your opinions on such

I like it.

Here are some space weather links that I monitor daily:

stardome.astronomy.com...
soho.nascom.nasa.gov...
www.spacew.com...
www.lmsal.com...

The wife is on orders to stay out of the sun this week. Call me islamofacist...

hajib,

- Sri

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
0962 is the beacon my eye is on. Like a lighthouse the sun will shine this beacon at us every 27 days. I believe it is growing.

B 2.9 is the word right now. I'm calling it C.

I expect solid C next rotation; August 2

TODAY: The beacon is pointing directly at us; will peak over next 48 hours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join