It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Ahmadinejad says Iran is nuclear, cannot be turned back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Practically begging to be hit it sounds like. Either that or making it seem like attacking them will be useless.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Practically begging to be hit it sounds like. Either that or making it seem like attacking them will be useless.

www.haaretz.com...

well

1. it would be useless as Iran has seen what happend to Iraq so their nuclear program is dispersed and more secure

2. why is he begging to be struck?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

1. it would be useless as Iran has seen what happend to Iraq so their nuclear program is dispersed and more secure

2. why is he begging to be struck?

The dispersal of Iran's nuclear program has little or nothing to do with his claim. The nuclear enrichment project requires several interlinked processes and a complex infrastructure. It is vulnerable to strikes.

What Ahmedinejad refers to tauntingly is how vulnerable US forces in Iraq are to Iranian influenced Shia Militias. It is a threat to USA that any attack on Iran will lead to the destruction of all US forces in Iraq in all out war.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
The dispersal of Iran's nuclear program has little or nothing to do with his claim. The nuclear enrichment project requires several interlinked processes and a complex infrastructure. It is vulnerable to strikes.

striking Irans nuclear program will just justify Irans Reasons for the bomb

by dispersing their program around their country they have made harder targets

What Ahmedinejad refers to tauntingly is how vulnerable US forces in Iraq are to Iranian influenced Shia Militias. It is a threat to USA that any attack on Iran will lead to the destruction of all US forces in Iraq in all out war.

well it is true

Iraq is Shi led country now and has almost formed great ties with Iran
and the shi maltia will just make life even more hell for the average US personal so the war on three fronts will be even more bloody for the US

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Seems to me Iran's Pres is out of touch with reality and how it (rath) will sting-him and the brass before they realize ambitious nuc-device stuff.
I also feel Iranian People want peace, Their Pres wants whatever the leadership wants -- he's just a deliverer of their message, a messenger if you will.

All-in all it doesn't matter. They will lose their atomic structures long before end devices can become a threat to neighbors or other countries from atop a missile.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

striking Irans nuclear program will just justify Irans Reasons for the bomb

Before Ahmedinejad got a screw loose the EU-3 group offered to provide Iran with a series nuclear power power stations that only required low enriched uranium. As a reward Iran was offered the lifting of trade sanctions if it accepted the offer. Ahmedinejad refused.

Iran never needed a bomb in the first place because the west was looking for a constructive dialog with Tehran when Ahmedinejad spat in their faces.

The logic that you offer Bodrul is that of paranoid thinking.

Mercifully before they get near enough to developing a warhead Iran's ability will be snuffed out by force and it is Iran which has invited this destruction upon itself.

I also agree with others here that the average Iranian does not want this conflict any more than westerners do. You need to pull your head out of the sand Biodrul and see Ahmedinejad for the silly little man he is.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This looks like a good time for the U.S. to really consider a pre-emptive attack on Iran. They are asking for it....might as well give them what they want. I still recall when dear ole' Saddam called the Gulf war as the 'mother of all battles', and was on the verge of declaring himself victor....only to have his little army defeated with superior arsenal that he probably forgot to calculate into his plans! Not to underestimate Iran's potential, but let's just say that they have no idea what they're getting into....I almost feel sorry for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Before Ahmedinejad got a screw loose the EU-3 group offered to provide Iran with a series nuclear power power stations that only required low enriched uranium. As a reward Iran was offered the lifting of trade sanctions if it accepted the offer. Ahmedinejad refused.

Ahmedinjad is the middle man so hes not the one that refused
or have you forgotton Iran is actuily run by the clerics (or what ever they want to call them selves)

wasnt part of the offer that Iran not enrih its own uranium?

Iran never needed a bomb in the first place because the west was looking for a constructive dialog with Tehran when Ahmedinejad spat in their faces.

Iran and the west where making great progressm heck Iran even helped the US with the taliban untill the US spat in their face with the Axis of evil crap

The logic that you offer Bodrul is that of paranoid thinking.

so is most people, who are parinoid about Iran attacking when their country is making the threats and people like you justifuying them

Mercifully before they get near enough to developing a warhead Iran's ability will be snuffed out by force and it is Iran which has invited this destruction upon itself.

invited?
saying they will defend them selves from all action taken by outside forces?
by your Logic Iran should have nukes just to prevent what your saying

I also agree with others here that the average Iranian does not want this conflict any more than westerners do. You need to pull your head out of the sand Biodrul and see Ahmedinejad for the silly little man he is.

of course the average iranian doesnt want a conflict any idiot can see that
but any strike will just pull every iranian together since they have history.

ps i dont have a sand box

[edit on 1-7-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
And rightly so.
If your 2 next door neighbours were invaded and occupied, you'd seek out the ONLY KNOWN gaurantee that you wouldnt be next...
Nuclear technoloy.

Nkorea proved, once u have the bomb, the US is FORCED to negotiate.

at the LEAST.... you'd want something to defend yourself with should they continue their ILLEGIAL wars.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure if your talking about recent US or future US. But having the mindful thought when Clinton did his stuff, aggressive tendencies were not on his mind and in my opinion unshorn.

Hopefully the next (Dem) US President will do the same objective things and calm down the external hatred a wee-bit. Bring the powerful USA back into the fold of strength but with kind-hearted character.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Once again, he's talking about Nuclear Power, not Nuclear Weapons.
How many times are we going to have to have this established?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hopefully the next (Dem) US President will do the same objective things and calm down the external hatred a wee-bit. Bring the powerful USA back into the fold of strength but with kind-hearted character.

The next Dem presidential hopefuls have already pledged their allegiance to Israel and will do as they are told (that's how they get to be presidential candidates in the first place). If Israel wants Iran attacked then it'll happen and it'll likely be American and British forces dying on the ground suffering the consequences, not Israelis. On a brighter note, the price of oil will rocket and the oil execs will make a few more Million dollars each and the military hardware suppliers will do likewise. Business is business, time to make a killing

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm not questioning the news report on what the radio station said, I'm questioning the radio station.

How convenient it is, that the ONLY radio station to claim he said such things is in Israel.

Nobody else seems to have the same information on what he said, the only thing they can do is quote what the radio station said.

I wouldn't be surprised if the radio station was paid off to make these claims, just so the public backs an inevitable war with Iran.

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if Irans president said these things, but I'm going to call BS strictly on account of the only radio station claiming these things is from a country who wants to wage war with Iran.

new topics

top topics

join