It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does 'Contact' need to be 'earned'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
For several years I have been reading theories about official 'contact'. People have obviously questioned when contact will occur. For instance, there were several theories years ago about contact occuring in 2000. Now, there are thoughts about contact occuring in 2012.

There are also ideas about contact occuring only after the nations and peoples of the earth are almost on the brink of extinction due to our own devices (war) or other catastrophic events (weather, disease, etc.).

I have been wondering lately whether contact is going to be based on the human race 'earning' contact. Maybe by reaching a sort of a higher level of awareness, etc?

Or....and I'm really stretching this....I can't help but wonder if ETs are laying out a worldwide 'puzzle' for the human race to 'solve' that will lead to eventual contact. I have no idea what this puzzle could be; but maybe something that ties together historical events and points to various new truths and/or discoveries??

In any case; I'm just curious what others here at ATS feel about this aspect of 'contact'. I know that this isn't a serious debunking thread; but reading others' thoughts and opinions always helps me in my search for the truth that I know is out there somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
One bump then I'll let it die like most of my others....\

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Theories range here. But great oringinal question -- sure got me thinking Txhunter67.

There may be an EBE genetically adavced Sperm inplant or the lesser chance a woman's natural fetus is removed around the 5-6 month pregnancy term, shown to her (suggests some sensitivity toward the natural Mother) but either way -- taken.

But there are and continue to be female stated alien abductions happening to them which they claim cannot be reasoned or justified within their own thoughts and mind, including loss ed pregnancies. Bizarre I know but reported just the same. This whole area of thought is out there.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
there just might be a world wide puzzle that is just waiting o be solved. it probably has some thing to do with the crop circles. for example: i found a crop circle that looks like a snow flake in a circle. so i'm thinking there coming in the winter of 2012. theres a nother one that is really hard o explan but i'll do my best. ok think of a bulls eye exept witout the whit, and thin black lines instead of red lines. now picture a dot smack in the center. now picture three more dots. one of them is one the third line, the second one is one the fourth line and the third is in the first. now tell me what do think it is?

anwser: the solar system. But question were is earth? answer NOT THERE!
i think there gonna try some thing very bad. i sugget we get prepared for the worst. now i'll admit i'm alittle scared about 2012. if you have any more info. please tell me.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Like star Trek maybe they cannot interfere with less advanced cultures, unless invited. We have not done much that could be interpreted as a request to interact with them. There are some half hearted UFO landing sights that are really just tourist traps. I was thinking a huge illuminated hieroglyph that could be seen on the night side from space, depicting a human figure gesturing a welcome to arriving saucers. Silly, but maybe they need an invite, no planet crashing allowed.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Txhunter-

Or....and I'm really stretching this....I can't help but wonder if ETs are laying out a worldwide 'puzzle' for the human race to 'solve' that will lead to eventual contact. I have no idea what this puzzle could be; but maybe something that ties together historical events and points to various new truths and/or discoveries??

I'm not sure a "worldwide puzzle" would make much sense. Judging by your question I would definitely encourage you to watch this video. The video is an interview with a very popular physicist by the name of Michio Kaku and was recently posted in the Media/Uploads forum. He talks about several interesting topics including how contact might occur. Think along the lines of the movie 2001: a space odyssey.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Excellent question. Well i think given the state of the planet today they may see as as too imature, ie using religopn as an excuse to bomb each other. We may have to learn to get over our bigotry first before we can even begin to comprehend the ET Arrival. i don't mean us ATS folk as we have open minds and would be open to change, but quite alot of us are;nt. I mean what would happen if a UFO landed in Mecca or Jerselum : There wpould be relgious meyhem with each relgious "side" claiming ET is part of their faith. it is bound to happen. unfortunately

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your replies and thoughts. I try to be very cautious before I post a thought/question so that I do not end up with a 'stupid' posting. This question has been on my mind for quite awhile.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I thought about the question myself, and i can't help to think that contact will be only achieved if we (the human race) start solving our differences and actively start seeking the solution for the weapon proliferation problem, and by all means end all the ongoing wars around the world, i think this goes hand in hand with the fact that several sightings during the cold war and prior to it involved the deactivation of nuclear warheads (the most advanced weapons during that period).

Call it a spirit awakening, call it ascension, call it whatever you like, I simply call it evolution. I've heard many times the 2012 date being brought to discussion, will that be the turning point of our evolution? I wish i knew.

I refuse to think that other intelligent beings who visit our planet are here to make a roman circus out of our entire planet and species. I am conditioned to think like this because of my optimism about humanity which leads me to believe that the intelligent way of thinking is that no one desires harm to anyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I suspect extraterrestrials only deal overtly with planets that are peaceful towards their presence. IMO with all the reports of military jets chasing UFOs and civilian reports of threats made against them by shady government types, it can lead to the conclusion that our governments are hostile to ET presence. Any ET contact must therefore remain covert for the protection of extraterrestrials and any human they may come into contact with.

I don't know if it would ever be possible to have overt contact if this is the case. Perhaps if our terrestrial governments collapsed and no longer had any power over the planet it would be possible. Or if ETs used force against our governments to stop the cover up. I just don't think either is very likely.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think it's very easy to project our own human motivations and emotions onto a hypothetical alien, since that's all we know. But our emotions and viewpoints are a result of our long evolution into this form, and there's no logical reason to assume that an alien intelligence would have any of the same kinds of feelings or reasoning. If there are aliens, then they might not even exist in a way we can understand.

Basic things, like the structure of our lives -- from birth through childhood and adulthood and eventually to death -- might not be anything at all like an alien would experience. Imagine if they were part of a large mass, like a fungus. They aren't really "born" so much as they bud off. They are at their maximum intelligence at birth, and as they fall off, they deteriorate. An alien like that might not even have the concept of an individual person or a species developing and growing and learning, eventually reaching a point of improvement. So the idea that we might somehow grow and earn the right to interact with them makes no sense to them.

Things like immortality, being a part of a collective like a slime mold or a crystal, being vaporous, moving through or perceiving other dimensions we can't, etc., would all make a difference in the way these things might think.

In fact, they might not even be able to categorize us as something they understand to be "alive." To them, we could just be some kind of odd, transient blobs that bump together and split off each other, but don't appear to have any overall goal or purpose, no connection to the hidden sub-fields of the Universe common to all real living things, and no recognizable intelligence.

When considering the prospect of contact, I generally find that people aren't thinking nearly alien enough. It's very doubtful that the Star Trek notion of aliens being basically like us but just with different shaped foreheads is anywhere near accurate.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think its the Illuminati that hold all the UFO and Alien secrets
but I would not make any contact with any.

I summarize they are a nasty bunch.

Skull and Bones types, Secret Society and Satanic rituals to boot.

The internet holds all the secret holders but none of the secrets.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
If there are aliens, then they might not even exist in a way we can understand.

SV: This is something that I quite often forget to even consider anymore when thinking about aliens and contact. When I begin to try to even consider how ET's might 'think' about us, it becomes so difficult because the possibilities appear to be endless.

Thanks to all for some excellent posts and thoughts.

top topics

join