It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dream last night..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I call it a dream because that's the only thing that makes any sense, but I'm not sure what it was honestly.

I hadn't been asleep for more than thirty minutes or so when I "woke up". I couldn't move my body except to turn my head and open my mouth. I could barely draw a breath, couldn't scream, couldn't talk, could feel my heart trying to pound it's way out of my body, and I could hear my husband downstairs watching a movie. I tried for what seemed like forever to scream for him or move or just do anything besides lie there and couldn't.

I turned my head and glanced at the clock and then turned my head the other way and there was something on the bed with me. It looked like a small child sitting on their knees with their hands palms down in their lap, but they were kinda bluish-gray colored. (The skin coloring could have been a trick of the light.) I couldn't see their face. The child or whatever it was put it's hand out towards my face and I turned my head away and tried to scream but still couldn't.

When I looked back to see if it was still there it put the backs of it's fingers on my mouth. I tried to scream again and it put a finger in my mouth and I bit it. Not hard enough to bite the finger off or draw blood, but hard enough to say "don't do that". I turned my head again and could finally yell my husband's name but he didn't hear me. I could move but I couldn't get myself out of bed and fell back asleep.

Any one have any ideas what on earth that was?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Jenna, to me it sounds like sleep paralysis. I had it when I was much younger.

I have to admit, I laughed so hard when I read you bit it's finger. That was priceless.Lol

Let's see, I had sleep paralysis four times in my life and unlike alot of people I feel there is a little more to it, than what the medical texts say.

Did you feel sick at your stomach or hear a hight pitch sound in your inner ear as it started? Mine always happened as I was trying to fall asleep. It's creepy stuff for sure.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It sounds like a dream to me, I know many times in dreams I may be in a situation where someone wants to fight me, and I feel like I can't move, or I move in slow motion. To me you described something similar, so my guess is just a lucid dream.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It does sound like sleep paralysis. When you fall asleep your brain shuts off your motor functions so that you won't act out your dreams. Imagine what would happen if you pyhysically acted out all your dreams. You or your partner would be black and blue every morning with bruises. Thankfully, your brain shuts down your muscles so you can dream about fighting Mike Tyson without your husband knowing about it.

What you experiences was a partial awakening from sleep, but your brain didn't unlock your muscles yet. The result is that you were in a mixed world half-way between dreaming and being awake.

More often than not, sleep paralysis is believed by the person affected by it to be no more than a dream. This explains many dream recountings which describe the person lying frozen and unable to move. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Stanford University has some good information on this -- I have experienced it myself in the past, and though it's scary, it's also not out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry everyone for taking so long to respond, college classes keeping me busy.

I've read some stuff on sleep paralysis since I posted and it's the closest explanation I've found. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again! That was some scary stuff when it was going on!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wonder if you were sleeping through the whole thing, had it been an alien encounter (which is what I think you are hoping for here) the alien would not have put its self in the position to be bit by you. Sleep paralysis is possible but I think you were either day dreaming or asleep.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh no, definitely not hoping for an alien encounter! They can just leave me alone. I have no ambitions of being probed.

If I hadn't been able to hear my husband downstairs moving around I would've thought I was completely asleep too. But I could hear him, and though I was most likely partially still asleep I wasn't completely asleep anymore when it happened.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thats what I meant J. Kind of like a sleep day dream
And BTW I never mentioned 'probes'. Interesting how people always gravitate to that
Keep us posted if it happens again.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can't help it.. I think abduction and automatically think of probes. Makes me wonder what kind of alien movies I watched as a child that have conditioned me to associate the two!

I'm hoping it never happens again, but if it does I'll be straight back on here with more tales of my dreaming mind. It gets kinda nutty sometimes!

new topics

top topics

join