It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Well it costs a small fortune to lock someone up for life and what with the prison population at breaking point in the UK we could do with the extra space.

Given enough time if the prisons start filling up with Isalamic terrorists then sooner or later they will be basically running the prisons and directing terrorist activities from within the prison walls.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by The_Coo]

Point to you, dead right. Ship them off to Guantanamo Bay maybe? Be out of our hair for good and will get the best chance of a special five star treatment they provide at the Cuban resort

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
as someone said on another forum about this the British public are more worried about chavs & getting stabbed (which is on the increase massively)

Chavs are just a social embarrassment and financial burden. They live on state benefits and inter-breed - they are the equivalent of the American Redneck.

This attack is most likely another gift from our Islamic community. An unfortunate symptom of our multicultural and politically correct society.

link   
are model rocket engines illegal, or "light" fireworks, as well as nail gun bullets and bullets themselves, and liquor?

These are just a few of things that everyday people use and purchase alot of times more then one purchase at a time, just saying we have the internet, lol so much info, just seems if you wanted to blow yerself up, you would only need some propane tanks and a igniter followed by more random sources of fuel.

Not saying they werent unskilled or out of practice, just that even a kid knows how to make a big boom, hell in my haydays I was quite the Pyro myself at age 10 I burnt down the woods behind my house and was Beetched at by firemarshals,

Just seems they could of done this a bit better, but were either too scurd to think clearly, act correctly, and thank god they werent but at the same time it very well of could of been planned to fail, maybe not by them but by their cordinator?

link   

Originally posted by infiniteplus, no one will be playing party politics over this.

Except for Michael Howard who just had a dig about the effectiveness of control orders on the BBC. Dope

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

any more inside info from your government insider Infinite?

no, i understand the workings of devolution

but i do have contact in Westminster :p

I won't argue the point on liaison through the Executive but I believe there is some additional hoop jumping involved.

there isn't,

however, the First Minister will be working with the Prime Minister (which has been confirmed on the BBC).

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Except for Michael Howard who just had a dig about the effectiveness of control orders on the BBC. Dope

well..

he is the most right wing politician in the United Kingdom.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Did anyone find the area on fire around the vehicle more so right in the terminal odd ?

And also how fierce the car was burning with all those fire fighters dousing it ?

I heard the tanks of whatever was contained were removed from the vehicle and 2 men were detained.

I also heard one man tried to get into the boot of the vehicle.

Regard's
Lee

link   

Originally posted by infinitewell..

he is the most right wing politician in the United Kingdom.

"Something of the night about him..."

Still the most hilarious quote in British politics in recent times.

CX

link   
News just in on Sky......the US is boosting it's airport security due to the Glasgow incident.

US boosts security at airports

CX.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Sky Sources say that Edinburgh and Newcastle airports are now on heightened state of alert. I would imagine they all are on a higher alert.

Vehicle access is now closed on these two airports. And Blackpool airport has been closed, armed police are on the scene.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As a firefighter looking at the news footage being shown of the vehicle
into Glascow terminal seems there is something more burning in vehicle
than normal uphostelry and fuel load. Looks like back seat/rear cargo
compartment loaded with flammables (gasoline???) Fire spread
very rapid into building. Much more than normal vehicle fire ....

link   

Originally posted by loam
jsobecky

I don't think you have this right.

Sky news just reported that the private vehicle was on the portion of road reserved for taxis and commercial vehicles. Apparently, the police were already in pursuit of the vehicle.

I very well may be, Loam. Won't be the first time. I did say I was still open to ideas. I'm anxiously awaiting with bated breath any corresponding video from security cameras.

As for the man on fire fighting the public, well, how would you act if you were ablaze? A little irrational, maybe?

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
do you think the terrorists deliberately used these luxury vehicles in the hopes that they would not be perceived as a threat as quickly as a more common car?

Sure. Remember the terrorist who wanted to use limos in the same way? Remember the warning about terrorists trying to buy up used ambulances here in the USA? (NJ I think).

You've got a memory like a steel trap, FF.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
BTW .. AlQueda 'graduated' a bunch of students from their suicide school a few weeks back. IF we are seeing the fruits of these students in these terrorist attacks .. they should have held them back for another session.

ABC NEWS

Excellent point. Maybe they are products of the No Terrorist Left Behind program.

Whatever. They certainly win the World's Dumbest Criminal Award for this month.

link   
its common to close the airports

these attacks come in two's.

remember, this isn't the IRA, we are not getting a warning.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think only the gas canisters were removed, the petrol was not.

further attack? With two of their comprades in custody and about to roll over then it would happen quick (if they were competent) Airports will be buffed up now so will they switch targets again?

[edit on 30-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So one of these chappies was the recipient of the famous 'Glasgow Kiss'

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A BBC reporter stuck on board a plane on the tarmac at Glasgow has just said that their captain has told them that Edinburgh airport is now closed.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If anyone knows anyone flying out of the UK today let them know, on BBC N24 most airports in the UK now are banning vehicles from coming near them" no drop off of passengers or parking in car parks.

Regards

Elf.

link   
double post sorry all too much caffeine lol.... mods Please delete
thanks elf.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
So one of these chappies was the recipient of the famous 'Glasgow Kiss'

I pictured it happening that way myself

I am glad the men were there to be caught as I doubt they would get much in the way of forensics out of THAT car now. Seriously burnt out.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

further attack? With two of their comprades in custody and about to roll over then it would happen quick (if they were competent) Airports will be buffed up now so will they switch targets again?

IF we are dealing with a large cell, then you could be right.

But all cities are on high alert now, Canterbury Cathedral is now on lockdown.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join