It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"Police are checking all the cars in the airport car park" - Sky News

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These were terrorists. Inept terrorists. But still terrorists.

Is there anyone other then me wondering if this rash of what appear to be terrorist related events might be members of the al queda who recently graduated in Pakistan?

Yeah I know it sounds lind of far fetched but given their apparent inexperience it can make one wonder.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

its a jeep not a landy

and several witnesses have said that the passenger was holding `fire bombs`

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shotsIs there anyone other then me wondering if this rash of what appear to be terrorist related events might be members of the al queda who recently graduated in Pakistan?

Yeah I know it sounds lind of far fetched but given their apparent inexperience it can make one wonder.

You are certainly not the only one to think that - FF posted about it just above you
I had completely forgotten about them and it is worth bearing in mind right now. Good call you two!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
So...yesterday we had a stolen Mercedes parked in front of the London Nightclub, and now we have this Land Rover in Glasgow. IF these are related, do you think the terrorists deliberately used these luxury vehicles in the hopes that they would not be perceived as a threat as quickly as a more common car?

Asians in luzury cars is not a big thing your right there.

I wonder will these geezers be taken to ashford kent underground base where the irish terrorists used to be taken for mind control torture etc...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just for clarity, the responsibility for counter terrorism lies with the Home Office at Westminster and not the devolved authority in Scotland.

Tham means that Jacqui Smith, (the new Home Secretary) is the minister responsible for the management of both this incident and the London bombs.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ill confirm it wasnt a Jeep too. As for the Asian thing, we do refer to Indians/Pakistanis as Asian but Indians are Sihk so it wont be them.

Im pretty sure it will be British based Pakistanis Muslims judging by the ineptness of the "attack" where it seems they succeeded in doing more damage to themselves than others. Its probably not a part of bigger things to come.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Just for clarity, the responsibility for counter terrorism lies with the Home Office at Westminster and not the devolved authority in Scotland.

Tham means that Jacqui Smith, (the new Home Secretary) is the minister responsible for the management of both this incident and the London bombs.

The head of defence intelligence in england is ashford kent underground base. they might be taken there like irish were years ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
its being confirmed as a terrorist attack now

according to Sky

COBRA is meeting again tonight.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
These terrorists when convicted of mass murder plots should be put up against the wall and shot instead they will go to a maximum secure prison and reap the benefits of the system , own cell , TV etc

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Sorry but she will still have to liaise through the Scottish Executive for this.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What if this was meant to go wrong, Like a distraction to let other "suspects" flee or board a plane eslewhere heading to the states or just a deversion, I dunno, I mean they sounded like they didnt care much about their lives and if thats true, they could of have a manual detenator. ( gass - compressed gas / air - Lighter / gas-soaked rag = Big Bada boom)

I dont get why they failed so miserably if in fact it was meant to.

While everyone is focused here, who knows who would or could be comming thru and leaving elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
These terrorists when convicted of mass murder plots should be put up against the wall and shot instead they will go to a maximum secure prison and reap the benefits of the system , own cell , TV etc

Ahh but isn't that what they want, to be martyrs? Why give them that satisfaction, just make them suffer by keeping them alive in cages like the scum animals that they are. The odd prison beating might be welcomed by many as well

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
What if this was meant to go wrong, Like a distraction to let other "suspects" flee or board a plane eslewhere heading to the states or just a deversion, I dunno, I mean they sounded like they didnt care much about their lives and if thats true, they could of have a manual detenator. ( gass - compressed gas / air - Lighter / gas-soaked rag = Big Bada boom)

I dont get why they failed so miserably if in fact it was meant to.

While everyone is focused here, who knows who would or could be comming thru and leaving elsewhere.

Maybe what ever group it is has not practised what is it doing, and given thats its hard to get explosives into england this is maybe a trial and error thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Sorry but she will still have to liaise through the Scottish Executive for this.

she won't,

security is a national issue, not a devolved matter. but Westminster will now be working with all devolved authorities, including local councils.

plus, no one will be playing party politics over this.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejamsSorry but she will still have to liaise through the Scottish Executive for this.

The Scottish Exec will certainly be involved but responsibility is with Westminster for all counter terrorism (except in Northern Ireland).

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
any more inside info from your government insider Infinite?

I won't argue the point on liaison through the Executive but I believe there is some additional hoop jumping involved.

It may also be worth throwing into the ring that Scottish judges have just allowed the Lockerbie prisoner to appeal against his sentence and have alluded that there may have been a miscarriage of justice.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well it costs a small fortune to lock someone up for life and what with the prison population at breaking point in the UK we could do with the extra space.

Given enough time if the prisons start filling up with Isalamic terrorists then sooner or later they will be basically running the prisons and directing terrorist activities from within the prison walls.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sky Sources say that Edinburgh and Newcastle airports are now on heightened state of alert. I would imagine they all are on a higher alert.

Another eyewitness report: One of the men was running away, waving his arms while shouting his head off. Now that's odd behavior for any nutter.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo

They would love that, I would put them in solitary for life with no perks at all. They will have to put up with that torture for life or go against their own religion and kill themselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join