It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 45
<< 42  43  44   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yet another interesting development. It would appear that two of the bombing suspects applied or contacted a clearing house so they could enter the US.

YahooNews

Two suspects in the failed car bombings in Britain had contacted a clearinghouse for foreign doctors about working in the United States, the FBI said Friday, and British officials probed links between the attacks and al-Qaida in Iraq.

An FBI spokeswoman said Mohammed Asha and another suspect had contacted the Philadelphia-based Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, as first reported in The Philadelphia Inquirer. Asha, a Jordanian physician of Palestinian heritage, contacted the agency within the last year, but apparently did not take the test for foreign medical school graduates, said the spokeswoman, Nancy O'Dowd.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A man is due in court in connection with the suspected car bomb attempts in London and at Glasgow airport.

Iraqi doctor Bilal Abdullah, 27, will appear before Westminster magistrates in London, charged with conspiracy to cause explosions.He is the first person charged over the suspected attack attempts. The charge carries a maximum life sentence.

Seven other suspects are still being held, one in Australia.

And here is amateur footage of the police arresting the burnt attacker (he's not pretty so be warned!) and the fire crews starting to tackle to blaze. - ugv.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
News Article
And now the news is reporting that at least one of the suspects is now known to have had email and telephone contact with AlQaida in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh no say it ain't so, that is impossible this is all a British conspriacy. NOT!

The TimesOnline goes on to claim this may have been planed as a going away present for Blair, but apparently they had not heard he was appointed the envoy to the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The whole thing reeks more of the UK government trying desperately to remind their people that there are "terrorists" in their midst, and thus whatever atrocitites their troops are comitting in Iraq and Afghanistan are justified. Just like their pathetic attempt at fooling the world with the botched "airline hijack plot" at Heathrow a while back. Didn't buy that for a nanosecond. Yes, yes amigos...keep the people afraid and they will dance to your tune.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems that they have already released 2 suspects without charge that were releated to the case. There has been a lot of that going on in the UK following these attacks. Are they jumping the gun or just sloppy?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is the link to bbc article. Now doesn't it worry anyone that one of the men was held for 'providing a sim card' to one of the suspects? I mean how does that prove anything but that they knew each other and there was some sort of trust there? I cant wait to hear what the other one who "knew or believed may be of material assistance in preventing the commission by another of an act of terrorism" did.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAntidote
The whole thing reeks more of the UK government trying desperately to remind their people that there are "terrorists" in their midst, and thus whatever atrocitites their troops are comitting in Iraq and Afghanistan are justified. Just like their pathetic attempt at fooling the world with the botched "airline hijack plot" at Heathrow a while back. Didn't buy that for a nanosecond. Yes, yes amigos...keep the people afraid and they will dance to your tune.

Just back from holiday so a little late to reply. Now I'm back home just south of Glasgow!

Let me get this right. The government hired a doctor to perform a suicide drive into the airport to blow it up. He was ordered to resist arrest and fight the police should he fail, even if he was on fire!

You're an idiot!

By the way these attacks have nothing to do with Iraq or Afghanistan. They are simply distractions which the extremists use with dumb help of people in the West linking the two. A quick reminder here. The London tube bombers and these recent bombers were resident in the UK. They know the anti war sentiment in the UK. They know how many people DIDN'T vote for Blair in the last election. They know how disconnected young women are with politics. Therefore to specifically target a nightclub which they know will have a large proportion of women is done for one reason and one reason only : mindless extremist fundamentalist twisted islamic ideals. They wanted to kill western women who are an afront to their beliefs. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Iraq.

Linking these attacks to Iraq simply stops the west from confronting the real issue : twisted fanatics.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I heard that cars don't really explode like the do in the movies and it takes a lot more than a gunshot or whatever for that to happen. My friend who is very into guns and science and such told me this.... any truth?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
UPDATE

The man who was burned has now died in hospital,.

LONDON (AP) -- A man critically burned after allegedly crashing an explosive-laden Jeep into Glasgow Airport died of his injuries Thursday, Strathclyde Police said.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Good riddance to him.

I was passing the airport as it happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Stinks of a government hand to me, Paisley Airport would of been the place to attack as it handles a lot of the rendition flights and was a stop over for a lot of the arms going to Lebanon and the middle east. Moreover the press was saying they thought he was wearing a suicide belt and therefore evacuated the hospital when he arrived after the attack, but you can see from the pics that all his clothes had been burnt off. Just government scaremongering to try and get the SNP to have a more hard line on terrorism and give up goals like closing Faslane. - Faslane is the Trident Nuclear sub base

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

Rest In Peace My Friend

I Know you are Watching ATS now knowing all Omnipresent, ALL Truth Revealed to You.

You are sorely missed, on this earth plane. My thoughts are with your family

The two Terrorists have just been found guilty at Woolwich Court.

An NHS doctor has been convicted of plotting to bring chaos and murder to London and Glasgow Airport by setting off massive car bombs.

A jury at Woolwich Crown Court found Bilal Abdulla guilty of plotting the home-made bomb attacks in 2007.

Another NHS doctor, Mohammed Asha, was cleared of helping Abdulla and a second attacker, Kafeel Ahmed.

Ahmed died following the Glasgow attack on 30 June 2007, a day after he and Abdulla had attacked London's West End.

Prosecutor Jonathan Laidlaw told the jury the men had been intent on "committing murder on an indiscriminate and wholesale scale" in attacks that would occur without warning, spreading panic among the public.

The first attack involved two failed car bombs left in London's West End. Then a burning Jeep filled with gas canisters was driven into Glasgow Airport on its busiest day of the year.

In each case, said prosecutors, it was good fortune alone that there had been no loss of life.

Abdulla, an Iraqi who was born in the UK, was one of two bombers along with Kafeel Ahmed. The 29-year-old was arrested near the Jeep at Glasgow Airport terminal building.

Detectives believe the Glasgow attack was a suicide bomb attempt on holidaymakers in the wake of the two botched attacks on London.

Abdulla admitted in court that he was "a terrorist" as defined by English law. He went on to say he believed the British government and Army could equally be accused of terrorism for their actions in Iraq.

The jury at Woolwich Crown Court found Abdulla guilty of conspiracy to murder and conspiracy to cause explosions. He faces a life sentence.

Dr Asha, 28, a neurologist at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, admitted knowing the two bombers but denied any knowledge of their attacks. He was found not guilty of conspiracy to murder and conspiracy to cause explosions.

BBC

I never figured out with this whole thing how a Doctor who dedicated his life to healing could do this.

As stated in the Report It is very fortunate that there was not a real loss of life or injury.

Angels protected the innocent in Glasgow and London on those days.

May Angels watch over Shot's family too.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day, and looked through the thread.

There are some still unanswered and strange situations around this event, but it still seems to be the real deal as such.

These guys did seem to be unlike the usual "real" terrorists as such, their occupation, seemingly close ties within Britain community life, charity work, occupations as Doctors etc, really shows that the radicalisation of our own, and highly intelligent is the danger.

Not Mr Ahkmed farming in some remote region of north Pakistan.

I have seen nothing that we are doing to protect against this real danger, even if there is one to protect against home grown threats, esp when to all appearences they are off the "radar" and clever enough to keep their views quite till they act on them.

Whilst watching innocents simple farmers often illegitimate, who never have read a paper, never new 9/11 existed get blown to bits ever day in their weddings, funerals etc.

We have it all the wrong way round.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

<< 42  43  44   >>

join