It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Islam isn't a race.

Oh good lord. Ok, so we quibble over terms. In that case your link was disgusting SECTARIAN propganda.

I can barely believe that you attempt to wriggle out of your clearly bigoted views by saying it's not rascist because Islam is a religion, not a race. Thats quite possibly the most laughable, embarassing thing I have ever heard a bigot say to try to cover up for thier ridiculous views.

Get thee behind me Satan.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drblow
So ... is that it then? Is that how it goes around here? Once the home secretary says the 'threat' level has been reduced from 'ludicrous' to 'only joking' then the thread dies off and everybody goes back to sleep???

Wow.

Sleep well, sheople of ATS ... sleep well.

If people post info about the attacks then their running scared and being controlled by the government and if they don't their asleep.

It's your contradictions that send me to sleep.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

your link was disgusting SECTARIAN propganda.

Nope. It was facts. Pure facts. Lists of places, dates, and numbers of dead at the hands of those in the 'religion of peace'. Your denial is pathetic.

You can call the FACTS any name you like .. but it doesn't change the truth. Radical Islamic terrorism is real. It's preached every day from Mosques all over the world. Radical Islamics want the USA and the UK to fail and everyone (who isn't Muslim) in them to die.

you attempt to wriggle out of

You dont' know anything about me.
If you did, you'd know that I never 'attempt to wiggle' with anything.

Sleep well, sheople of ATS ... sleep well.

More insults of ATSers .. how endearing.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Definately mate. It's 'facts' like this that I particularly enjoyed on your link ...

There were a few passionless denunciations, to be sure, but Muslims save their real outrage for times when a Western leader makes a public statement against veils and headscarves, or someone draws a Muhammad cartoon. By and large, most could hardly care less about the thousands of people who lose their lives in the name of this religion each year. It was not for three years, in fact, that there was even a fatwa issued against these attacks. To this day, major Muslim-American groups are very reluctant to denounce Osama Bin Laden by name.

Funny thing is, you call it a FACT ... I call it a BIGOTED OPINION BASED ON IGNORANCE AND LIES ...

Just because there are some statistics on the front page of this website about victims of Islamic terrorist attacks, which may or may not be true/exaggerated/subject to interpretation, doesn't detract from the rest of the pages which contain vitriolic, bigoted, sectarian generalised opinions about Islam/Muslims.

I'm sure there are equally graphic statistics available for the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Iraqi & Afghan casualties of the 'war on terror'.

To be honest, passing stuff like that off as 'the truth' is disgusting. It may be your opinion that Islam as a religion 'could hardly care less about the thousands of people who lose their lives in the name of this religion each year' ... but it's not true. To generalise about a religion that is observed by millions of people is ignorant in the extreme.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ABC is reporting on the reason the first car didn't explode.

Why the Bombs Failed

The London bomb plot allegedly planned by a cell of doctors failed early last Friday morning because a medical syringe used as part of the firing mechanism caused a malfunction, ABC News has learned.

According to nonclassified documents reviewed by ABC News, and confirmed by multiple sources, both mobile telephones initiated firing mechanisms rigged inside a Mercedes E 300 parked several yards from the front door of Tiger Tiger nightclub failed despite multiple calls to the cell phones designed to remotely trigger the devices.

[edit on 7/4/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Latest info is reporting some left behind a suicide note.

Airport bomb suspects 'left behind suicide note

Unfortunately the story has very few details on the actual alleged note.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Latest info is reporting some left behind a suicide note.

I just read this on Sky News website, who have headed the story, "Suicide note allegedly found in jeep".

I have to admit that the first thought that jumped into my head was the Mohammad Atta passport that survived that mess that was the fallen and burning WTC.

Did you see that jeep burning? That was'nt a little smoulder in the cars ashtray, that was raging. How a note could conveniantly be found inside that car after the ferocity of those flames i'll never know.

Then again it's not unheard of so maybe it's my suspiscious mind playing with me again.

I just think it's great the way that things are found when they need to be, even if it does sometimes tug at the laws of science!

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
How a note could conveniantly be found inside that car after the ferocity of those flames i'll never know.

Where did it say the note was found in the Jeep?

If that were the case, I would put it on my suspect list immediately, but in this case it clearsly says police did not state where the note was found. For all anyone kno3ws at this time it could have found in Timbuck two

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Dr. Abdulla
- 'when people don't change their ways, we slaughter them.'
- enjoyed watching beheadings on tape.
- cheered the deaths of Americans and UK citizens.

Oh .. a real gem. A real religion-of-peace 'healer'. :shk:

His Suicide Note was found but it does NOT SAY WHERE.

Other info - he liked to watch the radical (and erroneous) Al Jazeera.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by FlyersFan]

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It was the title on the report......i'll get the link for you.

CX.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here you go......

Suicide note found in burning jeep

I know the media plays wonderfull games with words, so maybe the "in" in the title of Sky's report is just a mistake, if not, then it adds a few other questions.

CX.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
On second thoughts. upon having thought about it some more i think i'll wait till official confirmation before taking too much notice of Sky's possibly misleading title.

We all know how the media likes to play people with words and hype.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Here you go......

Suicide note found in burning jeep

I know the media plays wonderfull games with words, so maybe the "in" in the title of Sky's report is just a mistake, if not, then it adds a few other questions.

CX.

I would guess it is a typing issue as no mention of where it was found is anywhere in the actual article. It just talks about what the plan was IN the jeep.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
NEW REPORT JUST IN ...

Incendiary device reported to be still burning ...

LINK

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

CX.

Sky has a habit of doing things like that. They send out news Alerts so often I finally took them off my puter. As far as I am concerned they are border line tabloid news at best.

The story I used originally stated the police would not say where they found the note yet Sky says In the Jeep :shk:

Story I used

Rather then take Skys word I will take the wait and see approach.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
CX.

Thanks for the link. The title has 'found in jeep' .. but as you said the rest of the report doesn't go into it. Everyone who is reporting on this is saying that a suicide note was found, but no one else is saying 'in the jeep'.

I would think that is completely impossible... I highly doubt a note could survive that fire. Considering that they are searching homes and apartments and workplaces .. I would think the note was found in one of those places and not in the jeep.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by CX
CX.

Thanks for the link. The title has 'found in jeep' .. but as you said the rest of the report doesn't go into it. Everyone who is reporting on this is saying that a suicide note was found, but no one else is saying 'in the jeep'.

I would think that is completely impossible... I highly doubt a note could survive that fire. Considering that they are searching homes and apartments and workplaces .. I would think the note was found in one of those places and not in the jeep.

Time will tell.

It doesn't occur to you then that the Police are making this up? Why has no detail of this 'note' been revealed? If it indded states the motives for the 'attack' would it not make sense to release that information to the public to further confirm the terrorist threat?

Does it even make sense for the 'attackers' to leave a 'suicide note'. If this was indeed a terrorist attack, then would it not make more sense for the main organisation (Al-Quaida) to make a press statement, rather than leave a note in the jeep (I know you are all going to say that you don;t think it was 'in' the jeep, but why haven't they said where it was found then)? One of the articles said Poilce had discovered a 'bomb-making factory' in the doctors garage (I thought he rented a flat?) ... but if thats true then why not use a bomb, instead of this ridiculous concoction of gas canisters? Bombs are not that difficult to make, you know?

flyersfan is quite happy to post opinion on the likelihood of the note being found in the jeep ... anyone care to express an opinion of the likelihood that this note even exists, better yet that this is a sign of an organised terrorist group?

If a suicide note was indeed found then my opinion is that it lends more credance to the fact that this incident was a result of a couple of dumbass, incompetent people, with no more connections to Al-Quida than Homer Simpson. They may have commited an act in the name of some Al-Quaida type cause, but whether or not that suggests that there is an increased global threat from Al-Quaida ... well, I think I have made my opinion on that clear enough.

Again I say to you all ... the media is telling us that this is an Al_Quaida linked attack. They are using words like 'sleeper cell' to describe this group. Govts are using this as a reason to increase their security measures, make arrests, carry out stop & search in the street. But they haven't actually told us anything ... a 'note' was found ... it is 'claimed' to be a suicide note, even though no one actually knows what it says ... interviews with people who knew this doctor say he was an extremist because he 'had a beard' ... it's really quite funny when you take a step back from the fear & look at it for what it actually is.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does it even make sense for the 'attackers' to leave a 'suicide note'.

As for the suicide note found - radical Islamic homicide (suicide) bombers are well known for leaving notes and videos behind. It’s basically standard operating procedure. But they always make sure that they are found. Sometimes they send them to news agencies before hand. Other times they leave them where authorities and family can find them. They want 'glory' .. they want their message heard … their videos and/or notes are read and shown to the Islamic world over their media and therefore they encourage others to follow in their ‘glorious’ footsteps to ‘paradise’.

Here is an example of one suicide video. Here is a suicide video of one of the London bombers from two years ago. Paper notes are also used. This suicide bomber used paper notes as well. These are just a few of the MANY notes/videos left behind. As I said, it's basically standard operating procedure for the individual committing suicide (and mass murder) to leave behind this type of thing.

I'm sure the authorities have the suicide note (or video) in with their other evidence and that it will come out at the trial. Here in America evidence that the cops have many times is not allowed to be released to the general public. I don't know how it works in the UK. Considering that there is still an investigation going on .... I am not surprised that they have not released the words of the suicide note.

EXCELLENT article explaining the profile of radical Islamic suicide bombers. Basically, leaving a video or a note is almost expected in these terrorist attacks. So, considering that they WANT their notes and videos to be found and the world to see them, I doubt they’d leave it in the jeep to be destroyed.

OTHER - Interesting news article discussing the bomb making factory found in the house that the jihad death doctor rented.

interviews with people who knew this doctor say he was an extremist because he 'had a beard' ...

Guess you missed the FACTS here, eh?

Dr. Abdulla
- 'when people don't change their ways, we slaughter them.'
- enjoyed watching beheadings on tape.
- cheered the deaths of Americans and UK citizens.

it's really quite funny

No, there is nothing funny about any of this.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

NEW REPORT JUST IN ...

Incendiary device reported to be still burning ...

LINK

Grow up will you. This is breaking news section not lets play games.

Asla has asked you once and told you once if you think there is a conspiracy here to start your own thread and discuss your issues with others there and not here.

drblow- I think what you have to realise is that 1, this part of the forum you are posting in is for the breaking news,So lets say an updated pulling together of news, and looking in a bit to the conspirsy of it,

There are many other parts of this forum where you can really Rip this story apart and get to what you may believe is the real story,
I think it would be great if you headed of and started a topic on it rather than putting down people on this thread,
Link

Her Second

And now you just posted something that is completely OT which you think is cute, you also are still taking digs at others as you just did with flyers above and you were asked to stop. This is ATSN and the standards here a held to a much higher standard then other portions of ATS.

Sorry for going OT folks but it needed to be said to prevent the topic from getting completely derailed as some want to do

[edit on 7/5/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am not positive but I think this may be related when it comes to the US saying they were aware or had possible knowlege of possible attacks by doctors.

Online doctors claim to plan U.S. attack

LONDON, July 5 (UPI) -- A group of Muslim doctors threatened in an Internet chatroom to attack the United States with car bombs and other weapons, a newspaper reported Thursday.

"We are 45 doctors and we are determined to undertake jihad and take the battle inside America," one of the doctors wrote in an online discussion, The Telegraph of London reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45 >>

join