It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak
If it were some sort of inside job or conspiracy , how do you get agent's to do this to themselves..... I don't know about you but I'm not signing up.

Well the conspiracy theory is probably that they ARE terrorists but they are being handled by Mi5.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I seriously hope someone investigates the death/success rate for them.
THAT could reveal some interesting things.

Wouldn't that stir up a hornets nest among the medical community?

Headline reads

Report revels doctors who failed as terrorist were very sucessful in killing patients

Really not that far fetched if you think about it. Remember Doctor Death

He as I recall wss Indian (like The Suspect Arrested down under) practiced in the US Aus and perhaps NZ racking up I think 80 or so deaths. My figures could be wrong I am just using my memory and all were not proven as fact.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Feel free to believe what you want, but I believe that there are alot of people that hate the US and UK and it's just a matter of time before the crap hit's the fan. They are more then likely going to resort in simple attacks such as these recent attack's to avoid being caught by Intelligence agencies. These style of attacks take no more then a day or two of planning and don't really throw any red-flags that Intelligence officer's look for.

It's really not that hard for a group of 8 people to randomly buy gas and throw together a bomb within a day or two without getting caught. They were not effective this time but you can do alot of damage with something as simple as gasoline.

In theory 10 men , each of them carrying 5 gallons of Gas in a backpack could literally walk around a city block while everyone is sleeping. In less then an hour they could spill this gas everywhere and then ignite it burning the majority of the buildings in its path if they planned it out right. It's just a matter of time before act's like these start happening...the terrorist know that an elaborate plan that takes months to execute throws to many "red-flags" that will get them caught.

It's these types of attack's that would take away alot of our freedom's and create a sort of police state when officer's have to pay attention to whom is buying everday items that we all take for granted.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Samblak]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think there's an awful lot of flaws in the specifics of your gasoline and backpack plot Samblak but the principle is on the money.

The more complex and spectacular the plot the more resources and people you need and the more chance there is of being identified and stopped.

A series of low key attacks like fires in retail areas,, tainted water supplies, small IEDs in public areas like sports stadia, small incendiaries left at petrol stations etc. would be very effective I think.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You could use a backpack with a 5-10 gallon gas can fit into it in the same way bicyclists use those water bag's with the hose coming out of them "designed a little different of course". Gravity would push the gas through the hose and a type of valve to control it..very simple actually. Most apartment building's that I know of are unlocked giving easy acces to hallway's or basement's , both are good places to start fires. They could run around for hour's doing this before authoriteis figure out what is going on and how to counter it. Also considering the majority of the citizens would be asleep there would be alot less eye's looking for them.

They have to avoid the red-flags so they will go simple,not to say there will not be any large scale attacks. There will alway's be a group that sneaks by.

This is just one theory out of literally thousand's of simple ways to create havoc , I would think the terrorists have many way's to do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Headline reads

Report revels doctors who failed as terrorist were very sucessful in killing patients

I just found a blog about that. A call for an investigation into the patients of the terrorist doctors.

The Worlds Gone Mad – Deadly Doctors

I actually emailed FOX and asked them to look into that. I hope someone does. If these people were willing to mass murder, then it wouldn't be surprising if they murdered patients as well.

Other general info that I found -

NHS Exposed

Some more info

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A mentioned sometime back I think with the sheer capabilitity for a Doctor to do harm (see Harold Shipman and his 200+ bodycount) then this really is an important issue. There's 900 or so Iraqi Doctors in the NHS and a total of 19,000+ foreign doctors I believe. Plus one of the current suspects made his support of the Insurgency known to his colleagues 2-3 years ago in Cambridge (according to Channel 4 news - UK) so it's a live issue. I don't suggest for a minute that it's either rife or that non-UK doctors are a danger but the NHS system is deeply flawed with many many unnecessary deaths reported every month. It should be investigated and reviewed in light of this event. Plus how many folk will think twice now when treated by a muslim doctor in the NHS?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I just found a blog about that. A call for an investigation into the patients of the terrorist doctors.

The Worlds Gone Mad – Deadly Doctors

NHS Exposed

Some more info

Oh My God and I meant it just as a joke! Well nothing is impossible and if there is such a haenous groups/grpous they shoul be caught.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You could use a backpack with a 5-10 gallon gas can fit into it in the same way bicyclists use those water bag's with the hose coming out of them "designed a little different of course".

Your plan still has many loop holes in it. If you think five or ten gallons is suffiecient to do an entire block you better think again. One house yes perhaps two if placed right but a whole block no way :shk:

You also seem to have forgotten this group used Propane canisters which could have been deadly had the cell phone triggers worked. or so they are allegeding.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Originally posted by drblow
I think its fairly revealing that no-one has actually countered anything I have said with any solid evidence or reasoning.

OK here's a start. Why should I believe your opinion on this matter rather than make a considered judgement on the basis of a wide range of video and photographic evidence, intelligent independent reporting and the experiences of multiple members of the public?

Having made some allowance for inconsistencies due to the confusion and near panic in Glasgow the core story of what happened is relatively clear and consistent. You were not there, you have no particular insight into the events other than having lived in Belfast and you have offered not one shred of hard evidence to support your theory.

Originally posted by drblowThere have been suggestions that I have made 'personal attacks' - if anyone took what I have said as personal against them, then I'm sorry but re-read what I said.

I have and you did. For example,

If you come on this forum saying that you believe that this attack is genuine, or that the world should be more vigilant, then you are clearly an enemy combatant, and as such you are a legitimate target.

or

The 'idiots' I refer to are those who post on this thread about being 'vigilant'

This is specifically a "breaking news" thread and has largely been used as such in a sensible and civil manner by most members. If you want to discuss the failure of members to see what you believe to be the underlying truth of the story I would suggest that you start a new thread in a different forum and argue your case there, I will happily have a constructive discussion with you on that subject. If you can convince others then good for you, if you can't then please try not to abuse or threaten them.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by timeless test]

If you consider the paranoid scare-mongering that has made up the reporting on this event as being 'intelligent independant reporting' then I am sorry for you. That's been my point in this thread the whole time. There seems to be alot of people in here who treat FOX/CNN/BBC news reports as being the word of truth. My opinion is that these sources simply regurgitate soundbites given to them by the authorities. Someone mentioned earlier that the media was kept away from the airport initially, so the reports we heard would have been a statement from the police. There is no long-term investigative journalism going on here, it's just reporting of the events as detailed by the authorities on scene.

There was a report that 2 Asian men have been arrested today in the UK for receiving delivery of gas canisters ... one delivery of 4, followed by a delivery of 3 ... to 'an industrial estate'. This heightened madness in the media is already resulting in ludicrous arrests by Police, of more than likely completely innocent people over petty and meaningless things such as buying gas. I don't think it's too hard to believe that people working in an industrial estate need to buy a few canisters of gas ... do you?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There was a report that 2 Asian men have been arrested today in the UK for receiving delivery of gas canisters ... one delivery of 4, followed by a delivery of 3 ... to 'an industrial estate'.

If you are going to report on things or allege things kindly give out the correct information. According to the media it was around ten canister not three so stop with the disinformation.

Po lice Quiz Two

Two terror suspects are being questioned by detectives after they were arrested following a reported delivery of around 10 large gas canisters.

The two Asian men, who have not been named, are thought to be aged in their 30s or 40s, and were arrested on Tuesday at an industrial estate in Blackburn, Lancashire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And you have the nerve to accuse the authorities of giving out false information :shk:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. The report that I heard was quoted from BBC radio 2 news at 8pm tonight. They stated deliveries of 4, then 3 canisters of gas. Don't just assume that I am making up random numbers, and just because you have one sourec to quote, doesn't mean that I heard a different one on the radio. That just again reveals the absolute shallowness of your position. To accuse me of 'spreading disinformation' is laughable, and a childish attempt at making me look foolish, but actually only makes you look foolish. The reason our reports are different is because both are from the media - the media doesn't know what's going on from minute to minute, and reports from different sources vary wildly.

edit: I mean, come on ... I have just re-read your news source, and noticed that it says 'around 10'!!?? And you are using that to counter my post that stated 7 canisters??? Are you totally insane? You accuse me of sperading disinformation because I said 7, when your source says 'around 10'?? Unbelievable ... quite unbelievable.

Why did you chose not to comment on my opinion of the implications of these new arrests? Do you think that it is accptable to now arrest people for buying gas canisters? Even if it is 10 as stated in your report - do you think that buying 10 canisters of gas is now a crime? Or is it only a crime if it is Asian people doing it?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by drblow]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here in the United States, there is a growing concern among some that our own leaders will use the events in Glasgow to gin up some new legislation to "protect us." I have to say it, but I find myself in that camp. It realy is only a matter of time before we see suicide bombers and the like here in the United States.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That is pathetic, absolutely pathetic. The report that I heard was quoted from BBC radio 2 news at 8pm tonight.

You gave no actual copy of what they reported nor did you furnish a link to back your statement up all you gave was what you heard which technically is hearsay.

Do you think that it is accptable to now arrest people for buying gas canisters?

Yes in this case it is. Why you ask? because they had no keys to the building DUH that is why.

Police tried to enter the premises but did not appear to be able to open the shutter door with any of the keys in the men's possession.
So urce

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
@ Justin Oldham - I read your post 'The Shape Of Things To Come'. I have to say I agree with alot of it, and you clearly have done your research!

What I would like to know is how can someone who clearly has alot of information about current political events can make the statement above? How did your position change so radically, or am I misunderstanding your post? Are you really saying that you support the introduction of new laws that will give your government even more powers to access your private life, monitor you, record you, arrest you and hold you without charge ... and all because you now believe the media reports of this incident in Glasgow means that it is inevitable that suicide bombers will attack America sooner or later???????? Or is that American sarcasm?

Of course the truth is that if suicide bombers wanted to target America then they could have done so at any time, and could do so at any time. The truth about terrorism is that it is guerilla warfare. It is military in nature. It is usually conducted by people who are military trained (or at least it was in my day). As guerilla warfare, it is IMPOSSIBLE to defend against it. Your media may not want to tell you that, but it's true. A motivated and determined individual or group of individuals is capable of by-passing security anywhere enough to cause damage/destruction/death.

That is why the British never beat the IRA. The only solution in Ireland was political, and the British goverment knew that from the get go, that is why they stuck it out for so long when Northern Ireland represented no financial benefit to the UK whatsoever - because they knew they could never stop the IRA from bombing Britain into submission. They could not beat them because without armed security in numbers on every street, on every doorway, in every shop, in every office ... you CANNOT guard against it. A person can get a bomb into nearly anywhere, or if not then they can park a car with a bigger bomb in it nearby enough to still blow it up. Suicide bombers are the worst possible thing to imagine, as by nature they do not care about being caught, so even if the authorities managed to catch them before the act itself, they could still blow themselves up where they stand. Horrific, truly horrific. We should all be deeply scared. Or at least we shoud be ... if it is true that is the kind of threat we face. Is it? Is that the threat we face? Is that what people think this incident in Glasgow represents?

Does it sound like the acts of well organised, disciplined, extremist politically motivated people?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

You could use a backpack with a 5-10 gallon gas can fit into it in the same way bicyclists use those water bag's with the hose coming out of them "designed a little different of course".

Your plan still has many loop holes in it. If you think five or ten gallons is suffiecient to do an entire block you better think again. One house yes perhaps two if placed right but a whole block no way :shk:

You also seem to have forgotten this group used Propane canisters which could have been deadly had the cell phone triggers worked. or so they are allegeding.

As I stated in my previous post I mentioned 10 men with 5-10 gallons of gas. Saying you need a gallon of gas to start a house fire is far from true, I could do it with an ounce of gas , hell I could do it with a book of matches.

And I wasn't making an exact comparison with these recent terrorist attacks , I don't get why you brought up the propane canisters? I was just stating a theory on how simple it is to use gas in an organized way to create chaos. The city nearest to me would have roughly 20-25 apartment building's per block, its not like NYC. It's just a small sized city with 2-4 story size buildings that are near 100 year's old and would burn like dry timber.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In my previous post I stated 10 men with 5-10 gallons of gas. A single gallon of gas is more then enough to start a fire inside of a house at 3 in the morning while everyone is sleeping.You could do it with an ounce of gas, hell I could do it with a single matchbook.

I'm not sure if this is necessary, but just to avoid any misunderstanding ... 'gas' in the UK does not mean petroleum. It is liquid gas (usually butane I think). Gas is supplied in heavy metal containers, that are usually used for running ascetylene torches, electrical generators, even heating units. For petroleum, we say 'petrol'!

Sorry, if thats not what you meant.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

As I stated in my previous post I mentioned 10 men with 5-10 gallons of gas. Saying you need a gallon of gas to start a house fire is far from true, I could do it with an ounce of gas , hell I could do it with a book of matches.

And I could do it with two sticks, but that is not the point. We are talking about creating a fire where it would cause panic. under average conditions starting a fire with matches or whatever sure you might cause some panic but not very much because more then likely a passerby will notice the firse and report it. In order to create mass panic it has to happen in an instant and those kinds of fire need an accelerant.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join