It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Like I said earlier there appears to be a spin attempt away from the London terrorism story even though if anything this story appears more obvious plus the whole eyewitness accounts. They can't all be wrong and many tie in together.

Cylinders were in the car and appear to the same kind of patio gas I think they called it on SKY. At least one was removed from the vehicle by a policeman according to some news reports.

There's also the issue that this is in Scotland and slightly out of the Home Office remit and under the Scottish Executive. There's a lot of Scots in the nugov now as well but it will be down to the Scottish First Minister to comment. It's certainly going to cause both a delay and disconnect with the speed of investigation.

Not sure the Ibiza bomb is necessarily connected as ETA did announce the end of their ceasefire just recently.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Top respect to them there heroes... they didnt run but risked their lives for the safety of others.

I agree.

It proves that man still has it in him to be a noble creature.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The UK is really going through it this week isn't it? Bombs and more flooding to come over the weekend. I'm glad I have my stiff upper lip

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I'm still open to ideas, but just remember, accidents still do happen even in these times of heightened terrorism.

Given that we have several eyewitness accounts, all stating the very same thing, or pretty darn close to it I think you are wrong this time around. The vehicle has been reported via phone to sky news by at least four individuals that I know of who witnessed the vehicle driving at roughly 30 MPH right thru what they call the safety barrier obviously not the same as the concrete ones we have in the US in this case because it did not work.

I suppose if one wants to wear a conspiracy hat here, they could say that they were all coached, but in this case, I do not think so, listening to them live just sounded too unrehearsed

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know if ya'll caught this on the news yet or not ... At least one of the cars used in the London Car Bombs yesterday was stolen from Scotland. It may, or may not, have something to do with today's events at the Scotish airport. Could be part of the same bunch of (inept) terrorists.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There was a report that at least one of the cars found yesterday in London's thwarted terror attempt were stolen from Scotland.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Coincidence? Hmmm.

EDIT: Beat me to it, FlyersFan...

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
as someone said on another forum about this the British public are more worried about chavs & getting stabbed (which is on the increase massively)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I don't know if ya'll caught this on the news yet or not ... At least one of the cars used in the London Car Bombs yesterday was stolen from Scotland. It may, or may not, have something to do with today's events at the Scotish airport. Could be part of the same bunch of (inept) terrorists.

Wow, thanks for that information, FF!
I didn't think they would be closely connected, perhaps the info from two individual cells ends up going to the same person, but I didn't think the same people would be hands-on involved in both attacks. That suggests maybe their MAY be more of a connection between the two.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
as someone said on another forum about this the British public are more worried about chavs & getting stabbed (which is on the increase massively)

No thats just the people that live in the cities

Im more worried about Rabbits & Deer eating my cabbages and lettuces.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
so when/where is the next one going to hit?
maybe one more over the wekend and then the US can get hit say on wednesday. our independence day..
that would certainly open up some goors for g dubbs to start to enact some of his directives....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
well it's certainly bearing the same hallmarks of sheer incompetence as the London event. It is very reassuring though to know that the public are gonna 'lamp' you if you try something like this. I sense a rising indignance in John Bull!

well tomorrow is Gay Pride in London so if they try anything then they'll probably be taken down by carnival type happy chappys. And also the Diana memorial gig...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
On the NWO political conspiracy thing....

Gordon brown is known to want to pull out of Iraq ASAP. He has brought in many members of the Cabinet who were agianst any involvement. He wants to distance britain from America and any further involvement in the Middle East except in regard to working on the Palastine/Israel peace process.

No chance of Britian going into Iran etc.....
however if the "Powers that Be" NWO, Military industrial Comlplex and Neo Cons, Islamo fascists all want this big Confrontation for personal or perceived Religeous "rapture" "end days" types in both US Iran Saudi Islam etc ...well the events of the last couple of days especially if they continue may force a change of policy and point of view of this new government. Hell considering 9-11 I wouldnt be suprised if Israel or MI5/CIA (who all funded created Al Queda) would have um.... encouraged this!

Just thoughts on the big and hidded picture anyone agree?

On sky news just then eye witness stating live that one of the men stated whilst fighting with members of the public "theres bombs in there and there are more coming"

The emergency Committee Of the UK government COBRA is going to meet tonight.

Regards

Elf

SKY SOURCES STATING NOW 18:02 GMT DEFINATE WHITEHALL TREATING THIS A TERRORIST INCIDENT. IT'S OFFICIAL BUT NOT ON RECORD YET.

ElfEdit for above caps lock.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So...yesterday we had a stolen Mercedes parked in front of the London Nightclub, and now we have this Land Rover in Glasgow. IF these are related, do you think the terrorists deliberately used these luxury vehicles in the hopes that they would not be perceived as a threat as quickly as a more common car?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It is now officially being treated as a terrorist incident. Before, the news was saying it was only being treated as a police matter and not one of national security, which made little sense to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
I wouldnt be suprised if Israel or MI5/CIA .... would have um.... encouraged this!

If the CIA or the Mossad or M15 had been involved, it would have gone off much better than what you have been seeing yesterday and today. (IMHO)

These were terrorists. Inept terrorists. But still terrorists.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah I don't know on the one hand Gordon Brown has called for NWO using those words, has been accepted into Bilderbeger and is a darling of the banks. His personal agenda (apart from being a Scottish PM in England and sticking it to the English) seems to be very inward looking and tinker-like with the process of government. He has appointed controversial anti-war and non-pro israel types to gov though. He's kept out of foreign affairs as chancellor and most of his life also, it's really not his bag. Yet he wants 90 detention without charge and is refloating the Bill, as well tougher anti-terror laws and something about the army getting involved in terrorism issues at home.

The fact this new event has occurred in Scotland will have hit him hard for certain. As well as all this coming on the back of his new controversial cabinet announcements and premiership. I think there's some mileage so far in this being a message of sorts.

It's Israel and USA leading the charge on Iran there's really not much the UK can do in comparison.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Flyers Fan...
I agree to a point... encouraging it, by using these type of people just by their connections to the top of Al Queada which then filters down as orders to sleeper cells, not meaning anything like 9-11 type of operation.

Gordon brown is scottish too will really push his buttons.

Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
do you think the terrorists deliberately used these luxury vehicles in the hopes that they would not be perceived as a threat as quickly as a more common car?

Sure. Remember the terrorist who wanted to use limos in the same way? Remember the warning about terrorists trying to buy up used ambulances here in the USA? (NJ I think).

BTW .. AlQueda 'graduated' a bunch of students from their suicide school a few weeks back. IF we are seeing the fruits of these students in these terrorist attacks .. they should have held them back for another session.

ABC NEWS

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A number of witnesses are saying that the driver tried to reverse and have another charge at the doors. There's also clear reports of molotov cocktails/petrol bombs in the hands of the passenger.

It's beginning to sound rather like an attempt to get a vehicle bomb inside the terminal accompanied by petrol bomb attacks which went rather wrong.

It has to be said both this and the London incidents sound fairly amateurish but potentially very dangerous nonetheless.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Global Incident Map indicates that all flights in and out of that airport are suspended.

Side note - The main map has a few incidents in regards to planes violating presidential airspace. Bush is in NYC today????? I didn't know that. Or did I read that wrong??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join