It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

I have already made up my own mind that this forum represents nothing more than another aspect of the dis-information cycle.

My question to you, would be why post here if you already had made up your mind?

Where you trying to derail this thread? An another thing I am far from giving out dis-information. I have been going by witness statements, speaking to their friends, relatives so tell me how is that dis-information as you put it.

You lived in Belfast?, then you know what it is like or how it feels to be attacked by someone... So how can you say all of this is dis-information if you have lived through it yourself? You have to remember nothing like this has happenned in scotland before.......

I'm sorry ... I thought above you mentioned 'living through the IRA attacks' or something like that?
So has Scotland ever seen a terrorist attack before? No, they haven't. So you cannot claim to have lived through anything to do with the IRA. Watching things happen on the news is not living through them - do you claim to have lived through the Isreal/Palestinian struggle?

So you have spoken directly to the friends and relatives of the victims of this attack on the airport, have you? Busy day you must have had?! I thought the only casualty was one of the drivers of the jeep. Repeating "witness statements" from the news is what you are doing. I say again, you are spreading dis-information.

Yes, I lived in Belfast during one of the world's best known terorist situations. It is that experience that tells me, the term 'terrorist' applies to a combatant in an armed struggle against one or more government powers, in an attempt to bring about social or political change. A 'terrorist' is an extremist who is prepared to kill and die for their cause - by definition they use attacks to bring their message (whatever it may be) to the media attention. The IRA claimed every signle attack they ever commited in the media, usually by a warning beforehand, and certainly in a press statement afterwards. There was no unambiguity - everyone knew it was the IRA because they issued statements/demands/further threats if the British government did not get out of Ireland.

The Irish situation had little to do with dis-information, and I don't really understand how you can think that my living through that situation should in any way make me more inclined to believe this tripe about Al-Quaida. It does quite the opposite, and it should for you too.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So you have spoken directly to the friends and relatives of the victims of this attack on the airport, have you? Busy day you must have had?! I thought the only casualty was one of the drivers of the jeep. Repeating "witness statements" from the news is what you are doing. I say again, you are spreading dis-information.

You can believe what you want, I work beside people who live near Glasgow Airport and who come from glasgow, and btw a bystander who tried to interveane was injured also. So much for it being just the driver being hurt eh...

As I said you can believe what you want, and I will believe what I want oks

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow, A man has been arrested in the eastern city of Brisbane on the request of British authorities.

news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So at first you said you had 'lived through IRA attacks' but you hadn't (I notice you did not address that point in your last reply). You said you were reporting eye-witness reports from the incident, but actually its some people you know who know people who work at the airport ... forgive me for being totally under-whelmed.

The moderators of this forum shoudlo be ashamed of themselves. As should the members. When googling this forum, it is advertised as a 'Conspiracy related discusion about a wide range of topics in the Above Top Secret website discussion forums. Our topics include freemasons, illuminati, ... ' In this case I believe that the discussions surrounding the Glasgow incident are very much geared towards BELIEVING the conspiracy. How can this be? People here have openly discussed the total conspiracy that is 9/11, how Al-Quaida has been manufactured to serve the purposes of oil-hungry elite ... and then this stupid incident happens and people start talking about how it IS a terrorist thing???? I am stunned to the core of my being, and disappointed beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So out of curiosity as this did occur at an airport why the emergency fire crews that would put out the fires of a plane that crashed were not used to put out the fires of a burning car. Seems like the foam those things use would have extinguished the fire no problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the US Authorities knew before hand that there were going to be attacks in Glasgow? Read in an Article in the BBC website that, they knew reported this to the UK Autorities. But the UK Gov is denying it.

ABC News in America has reported that US law enforcement officials received warnings two weeks ago of terror attacks in Glasgow and Prague

Source

Anyone have anymore info on this??

So has Scotland ever seen a terrorist attack before? No

Excuse me, I was @ Heathrow airport, terminal 4 when the IRA was bombing so, yes I have lived through it. A dud bomb hit the roof of Terminal 4. Do you know how many people where in there? Had to stay in london over night as a result. So yes I have lived through being attacked.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was in Paisley at the time, I even went round to see what all the drama and lights was about, all the people standing around that didn't get interviews said the driver tried to put the flames out by pouring water over his own head not petrol, the guy was screaming in pain and yelling oh God in Arabic of course.

With 90% body burns I can believe it.

Some guy tried to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher and they pulled his clothes off, the cops by this time jumped on the guy who was in shock at this point with the second degree and third degree body burns.

The media have pumped this story into something its totally not and wiping up fear and racist's fervor, their specialty of course.

This forum has lost its credibility IMHO after reading 99% of the comments on here, most of you are being lead down the garden path and you don't even know it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I was on vacation as this was "breaking news" and was AMAZED by the reporting that stated that these attacks were "similar to IED attacks in Iraq".

Oh, if that were the truth, then the US would not be incurring any deaths at all.

What a bunch of maroons.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Does anyone know if the US Authorities knew before hand that there were going to be attacks in Glasgow? Read in an Article in the BBC website that, they knew reported this to the UK Autorities. But the UK Gov is denying it.

ABC News in America has reported that US law enforcement officials received warnings two weeks ago of terror attacks in Glasgow and Prague

Source

The only additional info I am aware of is the 2 ABC reports that I have read.

US Warned of Glasgow Threat Two Weeks Ago

Chertoff addresses ABC News terrorist report

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A funny thing happened whilst I taking a taxi to the airport to meet my friend's homecoming flight earlier today...

The taxi arrived late and not wanting to be leaving my friend waiting, I asked the Iraqi cabbie to 'hit the gas'...his temper exploded at my remark and demanded that I apologise, or he'd wipe the merc off my face

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The taxi arrived late and not wanting to be leaving my friend waiting, I asked the Iraqi cabbie to 'hit the gas'...his temper exploded at my remark and demanded that I apologise, or he'd wipe the merc off my face

And did you apologise? Bet you felt kinda like a donkey after saying that eh.
There has been a few were I live making remarks against some Muslims that live in my area. Kinda ridiculous.

Saw on the News a guy from Australia has been arrested in connection to these attacks. So the investigation into this is going wider...

Controlled Car explosion carried out in Glasgow outside a Mosque, just been reported on Reporting Scotland,

Source

[edit on 3-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowWorks
I was in Paisley at the time, I even went round to see what all the drama and lights was about, all the people standing around that didn't get interviews said the driver tried to put the flames out by pouring water over his own head not petrol, the guy was screaming in pain and yelling oh God in Arabic of course.

With 90% body burns I can believe it.

Some guy tried to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher and they pulled his clothes off, the cops by this time jumped on the guy who was in shock at this point with the second degree and third degree body burns.

The media have pumped this story into something its totally not and wiping up fear and racist's fervor, their specialty of course.

This forum has lost its credibility IMHO after reading 99% of the comments on here, most of you are being lead down the garden path and you don't even know it.

Thank god someone else has expressed this opinion! I agree wholeheartedly that this forum has lost all credibility. For a bunch of people who are supposed to be conspiracy heads, you are generally very accepting of the media reports into this farce at Glasgow.

And there are still posts about news items related to this, arrests in Australia etc. So ****ing what???? Are you people really so blind that a few additional arrests that the media states are 'related' (even though no one has yet actually stated what the conncetion is) is enough to convince you that this is a terrorist attack??? I say again, I thought this was the forum where people already do not believe in Al-Quaida. Anyone going along with this view is, in my opinion, part of the conspiracy and part of the problem. You either believe the Bush/Blair/Brown lies, or you do not. Simple as that. And if you believe this nonsense attack on Glasgow then you have admitted defeat.

Oh, and @spencerjohnstone - you were at Heathrow when there was a dud IRA bomb?? Well, first of all I am glad that it was a dud. I am sure it was frightening, and I'm sure spending the night in a hotel was an ordeal.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Oh, and @spencerjohnstone - you were at Heathrow when there was a dud IRA bomb?? Well, first of all I am glad that it was a dud. I am sure it was frightening, and I'm sure spending the night in a hotel was an ordeal.

You know what you can do with your comments dont ya......

As far as I can see you are the one trying to disrail this thread, so say hello to the button ignore. Your commentsfrom the start has been to inflame others. I for one am not falling for it.

I am sticking with this was carried out by terroists, and btw the witness who claimed she saw the guy puring petrol over the car I guess she is a Lair eh. I do not think so.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You know what you can do with your comments dont ya......

As far as I can see you are the one trying to disrail this thread, so say hello to the button ignore. Your commentsfrom the start has been to inflame others. I for one am not falling for it.

I am sticking with this was carried out by terroists, and btw the witness who claimed she saw the guy puring petrol over the car I guess she is a Lair eh. I do not think so.

Ahh the ignore button, of course! I wondered why he was simply ignoring all of my questions an comments!

I also didn't know this entire forum was exclusively for those who do NOT believe that Al Queda exists - don't I feel like an idiot now?!

Back on track and it is interesting that all these doctors are young, promising but are different nationalities. Jordanian, Iraqi and Indian so far with news to come on the other arrests.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What is it with doctors who are trying to blow something up.
Eight of the people arrested were doctors.

Bilal Abdulla, the passenger of the Jeep driven into the Glasgow airport terminal on Saturday was an Iraqi doctor who moved to Britain last year.

He qualified as a doctor in Baghdad and started working at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, four miles from the airport. He trained in the Iraqi capital from before the outset of war in 2003.

In April Dr Abdulla moved into a rented two-bedroom house in the village of Houston, five minutes from Glasgow airport. It was raided at about 4.30am on Sunday.

sorce

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You know i'd really like to respond to you drblow but i wouldn't mind some clarification first (from somebody). I was under the impression you can't get personnal? you've made some statements about peoples motives, i'd like to question the motives of someone who wants people to deny there's any threat?...to lead them into a false sense of security perhaps?....or whether previous events (living in Belfast during the troubles) would traumatise someone enough that the thought of it occuring agin sends them into denial?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

ive seen another report saying that they are looking for 12 doctors. this is a puzzling thing because surely these doctors could cause far more damage in the hospitals they work - even setting off explosions there would be far easier. if they don't care about hurting people then killing themselves then why didn't they just go on a killing spree in the hospitals? why steal cars when their own would have done the job.

also - has anybody heard whether or not a ny of the arrests were to do with the london 2 cars or just related to the glasgow incident? because surely by now we should have seen some camera footage of the driver of those 2 london cars but there still aren't any i have seen. so was glasgow a diversion tactic so we would forget about who was driving those 2 london cars?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

Originally posted by RedGolem

ive seen another report saying that they are looking for 12 doctors. this is a puzzling thing because surely these doctors could cause far more damage in the hospitals they work - even setting off explosions there would be far easier. if they don't care about hurting people then killing themselves then why didn't they just go on a killing spree in the hospitals? why steal cars when their own would have done the job.

Good questions on why doctors would not target where they work - I have no idea really. Someone joked about them drumming up trade but maybe they wanted to get as many people as possible into the hospital where they/others could strike again in and around the hospital without being detected.

Originally posted by justycalso - has anybody heard whether or not a ny of the arrests were to do with the london 2 cars or just related to the glasgow incident? because surely by now we should have seen some camera footage of the driver of those 2 london cars but there still aren't any i have seen. so was glasgow a diversion tactic so we would forget about who was driving those 2 london cars?

The Glasgow and London bombs have been linked are are now both being investigated by the Metropolitan Police so arrests may very well be about both incidents. Not sure why camera footage has not been forthcoming, perhaps because they can use the much better photographs they have provided to the press instead. I imagine CCTV will be shown before long to jog memories, etc, if the photos have not led to all of their capture.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drblow
this forum has lost all credibility.

GEEEEEESH ... For the love of all things holy ... you keep repeating this over and over and yet you keep coming back and posting. If it's that freak'n bad ... LEAVE!!!

For a bunch of people who are supposed to be conspiracy heads,

NO! ATS members are people who come together to find the truth. THE TRUTH. Sometimes it's a conspiracy and sometimes it's not.

Are you people really so blind ..

More insults? Get over yourself.

I thought this was the forum where people already do not believe in Al-Quaida.

WRONG. It's a forum for people to discuss facts and find the truth. YOU need to be open to the fact that YOU could be wrong. (and you are).

Originally posted by drblow
The moderators of this forum shoudlo be ashamed of themselves. As should the members. I am stunned to the core of my being, and disappointed beyond belief.

The mods are fine. If you are so 'stunned to the core of your being' and 'disappointed beyond belief' then I strongly suggest you go find some other place to post.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think its fairly revealing that no-one has actually countered anything I have said with any solid evidence or reasoning. I have made wide, sweeping generalisations, and the astute among the forum have at least realised that I am trying to inflame opinions, to drag out the truth, to try to engage your minds into thinking hard about the subject material. But I have recieved nothing but defensive retorts and bland quotes from the media we are supposed to disbelieve.

There have been suggestions that I have made 'personal attacks' - if anyone took what I have said as personal against them, then I'm sorry but re-read what I said. Yes, I have strongly refuted suggestions by others that these stories about Glasgow are simply not true, if I didn't do that in a 'nice' way then I'm sorry for you.

It never ceases to amaze me how closed minded people are when you challenge their views - even when one comes to a forum that professes itself to be in possesion of knowledge beyond the media ... 'above top secret'. So, what is is then? Is this forum supposed to be about refuting disinformtaion? Is it supposed to be a search for the truth? I cannot express strongly enough how disappointing it is for me to come on here and read so much nonsense about believing the lies of the media. Oh well, I guess it's just another experience for me in revealing the true depth of ignorance that people will maintain, even in realms where they profess to be different.

Yes, I do believe that growing up in Belfast gives me a better view of the motivations of terrorism than people who have only ever experienced the media reports. Yes, I do believe that qualifies me to better express an opinion on the nature of what can be described as a 'terrorist attack'. If any of you would care to think for a few seconds about the nature of a 'terrorist' or the motivations behind 'terrorist attacks' then I challenge you to even begin to compare them to what happened in Glasgow.

You guys go ahead with your 'ignore' button. Ignore my insulting remarks and challengin statements, it'll be easier than actually having to think about them. Press the ignore button in your mind to the fact that you are being lied to on the news every day. Press the ignore button on the fact that even though this forum represents itself as a bastion of truth behind 'conspiracy', your members have failed to uphold this belief.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join