It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbocci
Just worried about what it will lead to, cctv just being the start of controlling us...

How, exactly? It's a nonsensical notion that CCTV is a way to control us.

It's also silly to think that Government would go to such great lengths to try and bring in a Police State when they already have the power to do so at a whim, yet they don't.

Speaks volumes, really.

90% of CCTV is privately owned by business to provide evidence should a crime be committed. That is the CCTV you get "caught" on every day. If no crime is committed, those images will never be looked at and will be wiped after a short period as they are recorded over. So the implcation you are in anyway tracked by CCTV is utter garbage.

These "attacks" are simply going to be the work of some disenfranchised young Muslims who, for one reason or another, want to blow someone up.

It is not some convoluted way of the Government taking control, because as stated, they already have the power.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

At least I'm open to other possibilities besides the ones that media bombards us with. That was just one other possiblity I put out as an example.

With other things you have quoted, I am at a loss for words or comprehension. There are people all round the world who are spendng life in prison, and many have and will continue to be executed especially in Texas on the basis of "Eye Witness" accounts.

So it is fair in our western societies to use the basis of Eye wtness accounts sometimes from one source, months or years after the event, when the memory has faded and interpretation has been placed over their memory, to convict "beyond a shadow of a doubt" people of offences, killing them. However I have seen myself today 5 face to face interviews with Witnesses, and many more audio ones by phones, directly after the event, all seperated and not in contact with each, all of them saying the exact same thing, the same story details etc....

Do you suggest we throw open the doors to all prisons and only evidence gleaned from CCTV is to be used (never mind CGI etc)

Your not open minded, inded to be honest on this issue but very closed minded to the facts that are easily sourced and interpreted.

You can view the testimonies yourself at BBC or SKY or a host of other news sources now.

I am one who is very skeptical of believing the propoganda and lies told the public by governments.... look at my signature...! but mate your way way way otout there in the wilderness on this one.

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just worried about what it will lead to, cctv just being the start of controlling us...

It's also silly to think that Government would go to such great lengths to try and bring in a Police State when they already have the power to do so at a whim, yet they don't.

Speaks volumes, really.

90% of CCTV is privately owned by business to provide evidence should a crime be committed. That is the CCTV you get "caught" on every day. If no crime is committed, those images will never be looked at and will be wiped after a short period as they are recorded over. So the implcation you are in anyway tracked by CCTV is utter garbage.

These "attacks" are simply going to be the work of some disenfranchised young Muslims who, for one reason or another, want to blow someone up.

It is not some convoluted way of the Government taking control, because as stated, they already have the power.

How do you know what is being used on the british people at the mo. they are hardly going to tell any of you.

someone i knew that was in the army in britain, said it best. people do not realise what it takes to kepp society going and what goes on behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
At least I'm open to other possibilities besides the ones that media bombards us with. That was just one other possiblity I put out as an example.

As am I, but a spade is a spade mate.

There is no way, given all the evidence and eye witness accounts that this was anything but an attempt by some inept "terrorists", I don't buy into the propaganda, but there is little else you can spin this out as. Try to not be so stubborn and accept the fact that you might be wrong on this one.

How can I be wrong when I haven't come to any conclusion of the incident?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

90% of CCTV is privately owned by business to provide evidence should a crime be committed.

Care to show us where you got a fact like this one?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Back to topic....

Is the car still burning?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Speaks volumes, really.

How do you know what is being used on the british people at the mo. they are hardly going to tell any of you.

someone i knew that was in the army in britain, said it best. people do not realise what it takes to kepp society going and what goes on behind the scenes. [/quot]

It doesnt matter does it? If it doesnt impinge on our everyday life who gives a damn? If you cant see that point there is no point in continuing.

If cameras made our lives change, or affected us THEN it would matter
But the Uk doesnt work like that. The UK government has the laws in place to make us a police state in minutes if they so wanted.
But they dont, they wont, they wouldnt dare. Why? because its been said before, we are English, we wont tolerate it.
We dont need guns we dont need declarations of rights. Weve been there before, with Thatcher and the poll tax. A few years ago with the petrol protests, With William I, he didnt believe hed lose his head.
Why do you think Hitler never attacked the UK? he was scared thats why. The seeds and blood of out forefathers is still in our blood.
Revolution is only a few phone calls away.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

someone i knew that was in the army in britain, said it best. people do not realise what it takes to kepp society going and what goes on behind the scenes.

"Someone you knew who was in the army in Britain"? Hardly a convincing statement, mate.

How about this, I come from a family where everyone has done service for Her Majesty in one capacity or another. My father in the Army, Uncles and aunts in the Air Force and Army. My brother was in the Navy. My father now trains new squaddies even though he has left and then there is myself, who as a security cleared professional, I work in Telecoms on part of the critical national infrastructure. keeping "society going".

I doubt you even realise how much work goes into making sure you can just read this webpage, let alone anything else.

So, in summary, I'd like to think I know a little of what I preach.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think the fear is now growing that some think we are about to see a campaign.

Even though I am 21, I still remember the IRA bombings that use to happen like every Saturday.

Tomorrow will be a nervous day.

Particularly with the big event at Wembley Stadium (high profile in its self) and the presence of the two princes. And of course, Wimbledon. Although we've hardly had any crowds there recently due to the terrible weather.

Lets hope its not a campaign.

I just hear a whole barrage of fireworks, in the rain.....at the end of June. Weird. Hopefully not sympathisers celebrating. Maybe I'm just getting too twitchy.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf359

90% of CCTV is privately owned by business to provide evidence should a crime be committed.

The figures of the amounts of cameras around include all those camerasin shops and stores and petrol forecourts
All are privately owned. The 'authorities' dont own many, they dont need to

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf359

The very same study that people often tout the famous "caught on CCTV 300 times a day"...

There is a thread on here about CCTV in the UK where I posted a link to that report. Look it up.

EDIT: To save you searching, here is the thread with the link to the report that everyone quotes. To be honest, the study only took a small borough of London and extrapolated to the rest of London and the UK, so it's accuracy is questionable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/6/07 by stumason]

link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Back to topic....

Is the car still burning?

The fire is out, but the police are saying its in a highly unstable state, and still at the airport. Meaning there are still explosives on board!

link   
BACK TO THE SUBJECT!

who is watching the BBC? some right wing nutcase is on. Apparently we should restrict the liberties of some to protect the rest

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You need to be consistent in your argument. We know that the vast majority of CCTV in the UK is innocent by personal observation and general media coverage of the issue which is exactly the same source of the information you have regarding the "300 times a day" quote.

I get filmed every time I go to my local chippy for God's sake and I'm sure they're not trying to control me.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

To be quite honest, whenever an event of this sort happens, it is always good to see the solidarity that occurs during and after the event, people helping others regardless of race or religion, always good to see.
The atmosphere in a pub on friday night in covent garden was actually very upbeat and people just carried on as normal. Just goes to show that the terrorists will never win.

you mean like everyone looting, raping and killing each other during Katrina?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What has Katrina got to do with the terrorist attacks in the United Kingdom?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Mikey84
No the car has been put out a long time ago. It has been left in situ as there are fears that it may contain " explosive or potentially dangerous material" according to Strathclyde Police , they also are waiting appaerntly for the heat to cool down so the foresic experts can do their thing , that is if and when any other material/substance is made safe / removed

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"What has Katrina got to do with the terrorist attacks in the United Kingdom?"

Well she did win the Eurovision song contest

[edit on 30/6/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

To be quite honest, whenever an event of this sort happens, it is always good to see the solidarity that occurs during and after the event, people helping others regardless of race or religion, always good to see.
The atmosphere in a pub on friday night in covent garden was actually very upbeat and people just carried on as normal. Just goes to show that the terrorists will never win.

I'm talking about Britain mate, we're a different breed from everyone else. We deal with things in our own way.

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre

The fire is out, but the police are saying its in a highly unstable state, and still at the airport. Meaning there are still explosives on board!

Not really sure it means that. Unless they've specifically stated that there are explosives on board? Unstable can mean many things.

CX.

[edit on 30/6/07 by CX]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join