It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car On Fire Driven Into Glasgow Airport Terminal

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am looking for pictures online to show the guy not wearing the vest, but 'can't' seem to find them.

however
here is the link to the bbc pictures I talked about in my earlier post.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok i dug up them from earlier in the thread.

No vest, although he doesn't look too burned, maybe he was the second guy?
I also remember a shot on sky where one suspect did have a shirt on, remember three arrests.
Anyways, that was the picture posted earlier.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've got to agree with you there, the amount of surveillance the UK is under is worrying, apparently the average londoner gets caught on cctv about 300 times a day (that's from memory although I'm pretty sure it's about that figure). It is turning into a police state more and more each day. Although it could help with incidents such as this, for example helping to identify the gutless prick that ran from the car bomb in haymarket. There's two sides to this argument though, safety and security is a big issue in these times obviously!

Funnily enough i'm watching V for Vendetta on Sky at the moment, superb film!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

ERRRR in the UK they are. I dont know the limit but carrying more than a certain amount of petrol in your vehicle is an offence.

I distinctly remember last year someone being nicked for having 5X5 gallon cans of petrol in the back of a Landrover.

There's no proof that it was petrol, there is a million different flamable supstances in the world. Even if it was petrol and an illegal amount of petrol, that doesn't proof intent to blow up anything, it proofs that someone doesn't know/care for that particular law.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

You obviously have no understanding of the UK, so why not listen to those of us who live here. No chance of a Police state. We can't even keep an eye on those terrorist suspects who went missing with GPS trackers, for crying out loud!! Let alone the chav problem which is beyond the Police's capabilities.

You guys get filmed over 300x a day, there's nothing to misunderstand!

Originally posted by stumason
Let me guess, you think the camera's are all owned by the Government? They're the same damn camera's you have in your gas stations and shops. They're not monitored, they're not Government owned or controlled and they cannot track your movements "live", only retroactively within the remit of an investigation, where they are only concerned with the perp of said crime.

If we were to move towards a police govt. what would be the first steps?
It's not about who owns the cameras, it's about us feeling comfortable about having them and being filmed 300x a day. Do you not think that's exessive, 300x a day?

They have to attack the mind before actually implementing the solution.

link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
At least I'm open to other possibilities besides the ones that media bombards us with. That was just one other possiblity I put out as an example.

What evidence do you have to suggest accident?

Many eyewitness reports say it went into the airport intentionally. Disregard all them? That's okay.

The police have linked this to the car bombs found in London - more mob hits?

The two men strongly resisted arrest - why if it was an accident?

The government has raised the alert level to Critical which is as high as it gets - they would have known if this was an accident surely?

Do you at least admit that terrorism is one of the most likely options here?

link   

Originally posted by mrbocci
I've got to agree with you there, the amount of surveillance the UK is under is worrying, apparently the average londoner gets caught on cctv about 300 times a day

Yeah but........so what? does it stop him going to work? getting pissed? getting his leg over? doing his normal everyday things?????????
NO

It catches the thieves, the thugs, the scum, the bullies.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
NEWBIE HERE,just thought these attacks are the begining here in the uk I think the scum terrorists are trying to bring Iraq to our shores

link   
Hi everyone

I was actually on the way to the airport when this happened, to pick someone up, fortunately He was not hurt.

There has been a news conference by Strathclyde Police where they have confirmed it is being treated as a terrorist attack and IS linked to the attempted "car bombs" in London on friday.

The Uk threat level has been raised to critical, and lots of Airports and Train Station are closing down or shutting many of their entrances and banning transport from coming near them,

It is a major shock for Scotland to be targetted in a terrorist attack, as we have been pretty lucky in that respect, but now the poison has spread here and It is scary.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by gorezi]

[edit on 30-6-2007 by gorezi]

link   

At least I'm open to other possibilities besides the ones that media bombards us with. That was just one other possiblity I put out as an example.

As am I, but a spade is a spade mate.

There is no way, given all the evidence and eye witness accounts that this was anything but an attempt by some inept "terrorists", I don't buy into the propaganda, but there is little else you can spin this out as. Try to not be so stubborn and accept the fact that you might be wrong on this one.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

1) I have not seen that statement anywhere yet, what source?
2) Same as above, I heard that poored gasoline but not from any reliable source.
3 & 4) They may have had flamable materials in the car, those aren't illegal as far as I know.

1 & 2 both reported by more than one witness.
3 & 4 no but trying to drive them into an airport terminal through the front doors is a little unusual and definitely frowned upon.

I'd like to read those, a link perhaps?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

One of the Asian men now under strict police observations was quoted to have yelled "Flame On" Before charging forwards in an enflamed state.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You guys get filmed over 300x a day, there's nothing to misunderstand!

But you just said it was "the average Londoner" that gets captured 300x a day. Not everyone lives or even visits there you know. A lot of us barely get caught on shop cameras and they don't get used for anything unless a criminal investigation is underway at that store or the surrounding area.

link   

Originally posted by mrbocci
I've got to agree with you there, the amount of surveillance the UK is under is worrying, apparently the average londoner gets caught on cctv about 300 times a day

Yeah but........so what? does it stop him going to work? getting pissed? getting his leg over? doing his normal everyday things?????????
NO

It catches the thieves, the thugs, the scum, the bullies.

Well being an average londoner myself, you are quite right, it doesn't stop me from doing anything at all so you make a valid point. Just worried about what it will lead to, cctv just being the start of controlling us...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorezi
Hi everyone

I was actually on the way to the airport when this happened, to pick someone up, fortunately He was not hurt.

There has been a news conference by Strathclyde Polic where the have confirmed it is been treated as a terrorist attack and IS linked to the attempted "car bombs" in London on friday.

I am glad to hear that you and your "someone" were unharmed!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The only cameras you should worry about are......

DAMNED GATSO'S !!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOpsI'd like to read those, a link perhaps?

I can only tell you what I heard on the BBC this afternoon as spoken by the individuals concerned. It may be quoted on line but I haven't looked.

To be honest mate I don't mean to be unkind but there comes a time when the line between open mindedness and obstinacy is crossed.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
To be quite honest, whenever an event of this sort happens, it is always good to see the solidarity that occurs during and after the event, people helping others regardless of race or religion, always good to see.
The atmosphere in a pub on friday night in covent garden was actually very upbeat and people just carried on as normal. Just goes to show that the terrorists will never win.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The only cameras you should worry about are......

DAMNED GATSO'S !!!!!!!

Don't get me started!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
What evidence do you have to suggest accident?

What you have to suggest it wasn't? As I've said we dont know for sure.

Many eyewitness reports say it went into the airport intentionally. Disregard all them? That's okay.

Eyewitnesses are at best unreliable.

The police have linked this to the car bombs found in London - more mob hits?

Linked how? The fact that it happened around the same time doesn't proof anything.

The two men strongly resisted arrest - why if it was an accident?

They were instantly jumped by people on the scene and by police, panic maybe? Maybe they had warrants out for them for not paying child support or something worse.

The government has raised the alert level to Critical which is as high as it gets - they would have known if this was an accident surely?

I dont think they'd care, this is the best kind of publicity and they will ride on this for a very long time.

Do you at least admit that terrorism is one of the most likely options here?

No, I admid it's one possiblity, not the most likely in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join