It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X41 Information anybody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hello was a bit bored this afternoon so decided to have a look on Wikipedia. After a while I got looking at aircraft and found a small article about the X41 Common Aero Vehical.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds really intresting does anyone on ATS know any more about this project? If so I would be intrested in hearing what you have to say.

Cheers
Paul

Err sorry for some reason I posted in the wrong thread! Any chance a mod could move it to the aircraft section?

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Hope_for_reason]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
PBS just had a special on it. It supposedly will do Mach 10 which is two miles per second. It uses the forward movement of the aircraft to force air through the engine which it is then heated and mixed with hydrogen and ignited. Unlike the space shuttle it does not have to carry a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen. It simply compresses even at high altitudes the oxygen from the atmosphere. Other than inertia and gravity I am not sure how they plan to change the path of the x41 while it is in outer space. The only thought is that they will need an oxygen tank to mix with the hydrogen once they leave our atmosphere. P.S. since the aircraft does not use turbines I am not sure how the aircraft will begin its forward movement to get the air moving into the engine.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
X-41 CAV

Thats a good read about the very basics. Sorry i couldn't furnish you up with any more information.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join