It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle Royale ... wow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In future Japan, the government capture a class of ninth-grade students and force them to kill each other under the revolutionary "Battle Royale" act.

Get to gether with 10 guys get some beers and just watch this movie one night. it was awesome.

most fun watching a movie in a long time. ppl get lit up. its great.

dont forget to cheer for your guy.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I thought this was a fantastic movie, especially when you know a little bit about Japanese culture. This movie definitely runs counter to Japanese politeness and cultural restraints.

Battle Royale II however, was not so good.

SR

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
looool Such a good movie man i feel for Mimura and the doodz every time i watch it, The girls in the lighthouse LOOOOOL, Kiryama is such a good villain and ode beat takeshi as the teacher is like woooow Battle Royale 2 defintely sucks as a sequel because some of the tactics and storyline are pretty stupid and make no sense but is good fun as a standalone movie.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Bit of an oldie, but yeah it completely rocks!

If only the survivor programme on TV was like it for real: that would get some hard core ratings!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One of my all time fav films! The Book and Manga are also pretty damn awsome. I reccomend them if u liked the film. Sheds some light on some of the other characters aswel.
Yeah the sequal was terrible! Unfortunately the Director (Kinji Fukasaku) died early on in the making and so his son took over and did a terrible job lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We have a screening of this in the barracks almost every weekend. Such a sweet movie!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It was def an entertaining movie, but i think it got a little lost in translation.

"You are the coolest girl in the world"

I couldnt stop laughing when the sad serious music was playing and that guy was saying that to the girl he liked.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
haha yea hihix some of the translations seemed a bit off

the movie was awesome and i agree with MM about battle royale 2.. i dont even think i finished 2 but 1 was outstanding

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good stuff huh? I caught it a few months ago. Don't waste your time with the sequel.

new topics

top topics

join