It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it a dream or real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hi,

Just joined but have been checking out the topics on here for about 6 months now and I like the fact everyone seems to be so open-minded on any thread posted that I'm going to try and get to the bottom of something that’s been troubling me for the last 10 years or so. Please feel free to rip this apart as I don’t have any solid evidence to what I’m going to say.

When I was around 3 or 4 years old I was playing in my room and looked out the window to see a craft of sum sort in the field at the end of are garden. Now I remember what it looked like clear as day but its nothing like other descriptions of so called UFO's on this site that I have seen. It was hovering about 2ft of the ground in the same spot. It was a metallic silver and triangular (like a stealth fighter but about twice the size). There was no glass and no cockpit of any sort. (I'll try and draw a sketch just not sure how to post it up)

Being of that age I wanted to go and have a better look so I ran down stairs to the back door and tried opening it. I remember getting a chair so I could undo the latch but couldn’t open the door at all. I looked out the kitchen window and it was still there so I went to get my mum. I found she was in the loo and I called her to come let me out into the garden but I never got an answer. I remember going back to the window again and it was still there but closer to are end fence and the house. When she got out the loo she was shouting at me for playing with the lights. I wasn’t playing with the light I was still looking out the window at this object. After my telling off she open the back door that was all unlocked and she just opened it and surprise surprise it was gone! (I asked her a few weeks back if she remembered anything and she still remembers me getting in a flap about something in the back garden when I was small. She also said it was around the time are pet cat went missing).

The question is if I did see anything why my back garden? It’s just a field in the south east of the UK! If it was my imagination then how come I can remember it so clearly to day? Was I in some sort of shock because are cat was missing?
Would hypnosis work to find out if I did see something for real or a vivid dream? Because this is starting to bug me a bit.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You have to be careful about looking back because power of suggestion can change memories. You may come here with a small memory and after reading here conclude it was something written about here.

You have to be careful with these things and thats why people should not use hypnosis to find these answers. You have to try to leave for memories for what they are.

I had something when i was young and i leave it to what it was, and never try to add to it, or use these boards to confuse it. It was interesting at the time, but i am not going to put it into words because that would dilute the meoroy and it should just be left as it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
humantraffic

Welcome to ATS.

If this was my own memory, I would know what it was and what it means, but that's because I have had alien contact all my life and know my contacts very well. I will tell you the way I understand how it works from my own experiences and how my alien friends have explained it to me.

A person who has alien contact has always had it whether they are physically aware of it or not. Not all who have contact have a great many encounters, but many have at least one or a few early childhood introductory experiences for them to recall. These are given carefully in a particular way so that the human contactee will have some simple but sure reference for later in life to help him understand and accept, hopefully, more progressive contact.

Look for other signs of contact yourself. I do not recommend allowing anybody else to hypnotize you because their perception will influence yours. You can practice your own regression. Relax and meditate in a place where you won't be interrupted. Take a few deep breaths and clear your mind of all thought- and this may take weeks of practice to accomplish in itself. Do this about daily for 20 or 30 minutes and just watch to see what happens. The beneficial affects of this kind of meditation to the clarity of your mind and good mood are both immediate and lasting for anybody.

You probably will not begin recalling things right as you are meditating, but later in the day or while you are asleep old memories may begin to surface spontaneously. Once you feel that your mind is clear, just focus on one ordinary, pleasant event you want to revisit at a time, such as an early birthday party. You will know you are doing well when you find you can recall more details more clearly of memories from your life. You may also remember new things again for the first time since they occurred.

Once you get comfortable with what works best for you, turn your attention to the "memory" you described of the alien craft and just see what happens. See what else you have on the same page or in the same category in your mind. Watch your dreams closely because dreams are not always just imagination. That event may not be a real memory, but perhaps something you had heard sometime and adopted as your own- only you would be able to determine that. But if you find more similar memories, especially in a lucid, rational pattern, that is a strong indication that you have alien contact.

The same as you could visit a zoo as a child, forget about it consciously, and still imagine revisiting it with different events, or later dream of going there again and adding in that all the animals were monsters, so do alien experiencers add imagined details into their own truth-based alien experiences. This is why you need to look for other clues to what is a real memory and what is created.

Ordinary meditation is like when you are watching TV or reading a good book and you "lose" yourself in it to where you become completely unaware of physical consciousness. But when you go to a deeper level of consciousness, you can more closely connect awareness body to spirit within yourself to physically recall things that you have been doing by spirit. Everybody is spirit first and foremost and lives a spiritual existence parallel to their physical one, interacting with all of the people within their circle of family and friends. You do not have to have alien people in your circle to become aware of your spiritual activities, but if you do have alien contact, then they can help you recall more, and more deeply, than you can accomplish on your own.

These exercises, for some people, are very powerful, and can even be disturbing if you allow yourself to revisit traumatic events, especially if you are emotionally insecure. So choose responsibly, think smart and protect yourself. Use your own best judgement. If you feel better having somebody you know and trust be with you as you try to recall deep memories, do not let them guide you. Just have them write down what you say and be a grounding sounding board for your thoughts and emotions.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by EarthSister]

join