It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Apollo Moon - more anomolies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros
Has it not occurred to you that inconsistently applied micrometeorite shielding that has been fixed up with 'duct tape' has the potential to come loose? If the shielding were to fail the thin walls of the LM would be open to attack by abrasive micrometeorites. So yes this would be a problem in a hard vacuum.

Blankets are not taped in place as the ONLY means of holding it there. Consider a one square section of blanket. This blanket would be fastened to the structure with velcro, as would all other sunsequent pieces of blankets. Then the SEAMS from blanket-to-blanket would be sealed out with Kapton tape. NO DUCT TAPE IS NOT USED as a planned event nor used on the outer hull of the spacecraft.

You know how strong velcro is? Velcro is used to fasten some car bumpers in place, thats how trusted this stuff is. It was invented in 1941. Also the great thing of velcro is that with vibration and motion, the velcro attachments only become stronger and more attached to each of the hooks and loops, this is why its ideal for space apps or any other case where you have vibrations. vibrations would affect traditional bolts and screws more than it affects velcro amazingly.

This tape is not from the LM, but the Command Module. And it was applied to the entire outer surface of the CM in a consistent manner.

That was an example for the previous person that wanted to see some kapton tape used in the Apollo program. Kapton tape has an obvious color to it, its unmistakable for much else. Its a yellowish-orange semi-transparent color and can clearly be seen all over the Lunar Module (LM).

So no, I have not seen any evidence to suggest that in real space applications duct tape is used

As stated, DUCT TAPE is not used as a planned NASA tape of choice. Duct tape though HAS BEEN USED in the past for repairs or adjustments, either critical repairs in some cases, or functional and non-critical ones as well.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just for kicks, here's confirmation of the Kapton tape use in aid of the thermal control system, this tape was a secondary component in my view, among the other main portions of thermal control such as the blankets themselves. Kapton is indeed the correct material...

The following is taken from R. Hellmann et. al, "Lunar Module thermal-vacuum simulation utilizing conformal heater thermal control", Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 7 no. 2 (1970), pp. 126-131.

"Lunar Module thermal-vacuum simulation utilizing conformal heater thermal control", Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 7 no. 2 (1970), pp. 126-131.

Insulation of each stage consists of multilayer blankets of aluminized Mylar and polyimide (H-film) (Kapton), covered with protectively coated thermal skins of aluminum and heavy polyimide (Kapton). High-temperature shielding consisting of multilayer nickel and Inconel foil is added locally as required for protection from engine heating and plume impingement.

So yes, Kapton tape was used on the CM, the LM and in whole lots of other areas and spacecraft as well, its still used today extensively! Kapton tape is a polyimide film material tape, available in thicknesses and stickiness options as well as needed for the application. www.kaptontape.com...

Here used on Spirit and Opportunity, www2.dupont.com...

[edit on 7/1/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Just for kicks, here's confirmation of the Kapton tape use in aid of the thermal control system, this tape was a secondary component in my view, among the other main portions of thermal control such as the blankets themselves. Kapton is indeed the correct material...

You with your research and cites! I don't know why you bother with all of this "learning" stuff when, clearly, preconceived notions, ignorant opinion, and amateurish photo-analysis are the best pathways to knowledge.

What is wrong with you?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good post Greatlakes.

Nice find on the special tape.

This is the kind of contribution that advances the discussion for both sides and I, for one, appreciate your research.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Why cant we take a picture of the moons surface from earth where the American flag is that was planted on the surface? That would prove we landed wouldnt it. I guess I mean, is it possible to do this? And, why havent they? OR, what about going to an observatory and looking at the flag thru a telescope.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tator3
Why cant we take a picture of the moons surface from earth where the American flag is that was planted on the surface? That would prove we landed wouldnt it. I guess I mean, is it possible to do this? And, why havent they? OR, what about going to an observatory and looking at the flag thru a telescope.

Magnification & Resolution.
Check this LINK for more information

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Those string looking things look kind of odd, I think I'll try to find out about those if possible in that image...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's what I always find amusing about these sort of posts. The images are posted and there are queries about authenticity and fake.

For example, NASA get accused of airbrushing out anomalies or tampering with the images.

Yet in the posts, by the very nature of the posts and the necessity for points of reference the images get doctored with labels and graphics. Ok I know people will claim that the originals are available at various sites etc. But if it is accepted that NASA may be using fakery then why bother going through the archive? It will prove nothing!!

Personally, I don't trust any Jpeg image or such like. The opportunties for compression errors / artifacts rules out serious stuff to me. I use raw and if I find something odd I can go back and look. Ok so the internet dictates bandwidth and downloading archive of huge raw pix may be unreasonable for most...let alone storage. There can be no substitute for sitting there looking at first hand pikkies but that aint gonna happen!!

Sixties technology includes camera technology and image recording. It was not perfect!! Like everything from the sixties...especially the music

We live in a conspiracy age. Some believe we have access to Alien technology and this explains aviation advances now and in the future. Others say we did not have the technology to get to the moon. Which is it?

My old pal Vitalij believes we did not get there because the wrong types of plants grow here on Earth. I believe the USA got there. If they did not, the Ski's or Sino's would have loved to have pointed that out! Even if we went back there and sent back pictures some would still say fake, so on the whole whats the point? Still all the time people are on their PCs trying to prove fake, it keeps them off the streets

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Let me tell you this...there are a lot of people who are scared to see that part of the the mission were fake. Because their world wasn't the world they believed in.

I must admit, so NASA told us that they where using tape (?).....well, not on tv they did :-)

It still doesn't surprise me....even in formula 1 they use a lot of tape....formula 1 maybe even got it from space science ? ;-).

As far as i am concerned, They won't get away with ducktape round the window....to seal the space where they where living in ?

The tape what we see isn't tape with metals in it. They are 100 % shining thrue ?

Maybe under the ducktape. We see there a lot of lines......

It's still a lie what they have told us. But it's one with lot's of intelligents in it....but also a lot of faults.

Just like the 9-11 scam, how the hell does the USA think they will get away with WTC7....but that's a very different story.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2007 by webstra]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join