It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland's claim - Metal Cased Objects found at Spirit landing site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
sounds BS to me..... someone smack this guy for me

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
if I stare long and hard enough I think I jars and bottles there....

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
EXACTLY! I was actually just about to post the same thing...

Originally posted by Dusty
Do you guys really think that if NASA thought that these photos were anything but rock, that they would release them?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else see how asinine statements like these are????

"It looks slightly odd..........it MUST be a piece of alien technology!!!"

"....why?"

"...because it looks weird!!!"

And that's essentially what he's saying. Some of the rocks look odd, so they are alien machinery.

...good christ, you know, the audacity of such a statement because you do not know enough about real science is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
you guys....stop getting your panties in a bunch...
we are only speculating... some people here like to use their brains just to imagine things.

I mean if you stare long enough at things, you will see what you wanna see....BUT.... we should not dismiss observations just like that from others because there is always the possibility that upon closer inspection (let's say we send archeologists to dig up these rock) some of them may indeed be not just rock.

If someone didn't imagine us going into space with a rocket, or how the spirit rover would look....would it have ever been developed?

let your imaginations run wild people...reality can be a
b!tch!

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you guys....stop getting your panties in a bunch...
we are only speculating... some people here like to use their brains just to imagine things.

I mean if you stare long enough at things, you will see what you wanna see....BUT.... we should not dismiss observations just like that from others because there is always the possibility that upon closer inspection (let's say we send archeologists to dig up these rock) some of them may indeed be not just rock.

If someone didn't imagine us going into space with a rocket, or how the spirit rover would look....would it have ever been developed?

let your imaginations run wild people...reality can be a
b!tch!

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

"Letting your imagination run wild" on an internet forum is one thing.

Getting on a nationwide radio program and proclaiming conspiracy and claiming crap like this is called "being an attention whore".

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenZeroOne
...good christ, you know, the audacity of such a statement because you do not know enough about real science is pathetic.

'Audacity' really is putting it far too politely.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Truth is that none of us here, unless we have some real aliens here from Mars, know what anything there is and neither does Hoagland. So everything is just speculation untill NASA or someone up high tells us differeny and then do we believe them or not.?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Richard C. Hoagland is so uncredible. Hes self taught doesn't have a real education. He claimed underground structures under the mars surface from the thermal IR images but those turned out to be edited and made out to look like structures. You can do it yourself if you have the images in their original form and have photoshop. There are so many sites where unbiased evaluations of Richard's claims were investigated and proved to be forged, edited pictures. See how you can donate on his site? Yeah he relies on gullable people who don't know about his reputation so they donate to support his disinformation. All he wants is money, hes not a truth seeker as he claims he is. Hes total bull#. Just search google for "richard c. hoagland credibility" or "richard c. hoagland fraud" and you'll come up with alot of hits of people investigating and criticising his claims, ethics, and motives.

Please those are rocks, they look like rocks, they're shaped like rocks (despite some may look symetrical or flat or whatever you suggest isnt normal formation) theres bound to be rocks shaped just like that. Nobody disputes that natural rocks on earth that happen to be shaped differenty are metalic or whatever. I imagine he needs this money to support whatever bad habits he has, wouldn't be suprised if he had a drug addiction to support. Not a credible source.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dusty
Do you guys really think that if NASA thought that these photos were anything but rock, that they would release them?

maybe they would finally be slowly fessing up? or maybe they released the image without realising what they saw. people make mistakes.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interetsing, I found out that one downloadable image is 40 megs. It would be cool to look for anomolous objects myself. Good post. On coast to coast they were talking about the massive amount of pictures taken but the small amount of pictures actually released. Just how much is NASA keeping to themselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I find that some of the rocks are very sharp and angular indicating breakage under stress or even intelligent manipulation of them.

If asteroids hit mars and broke up then would we not see a lot more craters in the area than we are seeing?

What is also interesting is that all the mars probes since the beginning have all landed in approximately the same area on Mars rather than being spread out over the planets surface. I assume that this is because they are searching for water and hopefully any life and they believe this area is the best location for it on the surface?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
arrghhhh. I can't seem to upload pictures...I tried several ways, upload directly to ats, tried webshots and now it won't work...

Someone help me please. boohoohoohoo

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
worldwatcher,

what we are seeing is what they want us to see right?

so we do not know for sure what they are seeing. It may well be that their cameras are even better than they are telling us too even before image manipulation etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
theNeo, I agree.

I think I really found things that are artifacts, like vases/pottery..but I can't upload them here...I can only email them to my other nutty friends who believe me. anyone who is interested in seeing the pics can u2u me and I can email them...in the meantime I will try to start a website or something...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join