It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it ever bother you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hi everyone, lately i've been thinking lately of how cool it would be to find the truth about aliens and death. And i was thinking how interesting and maybe even satisfying to know there is life after death, and there is aliens. Along with the whole truth behind all the government secrecy. But my question is, do you guys ever get tired of not being about to get through to the government to know were we stand with extraterriestrial life? To know that the only way we'll find out is when we each hit the bucket? If we ever find out for sure that were not alone in the universe. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Honestly, I've seen so much evidence that, for me, I can know for sure...I won't mind dying but, unlike many others, I do not have a "list of questions" for God.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Alot of people tell me you'll never know the whole truth behind it considering it would be hard to rise up the government ranks and get the information yourself. Or even better, become a cia operative. Ah well, maybe one will come down one day and introduce themselves to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It bothers me more than anything else in the world actually. That is why im dedicating my whole life to finding the truth. The only way i think that i will ever find out what is going on unless they decide to pop in for a total disclosure is joining some kind of military. Most of the people that have come clean and stuff have been in some kind of military or intelligence so im gonna try and get into something like that to know the truth =D.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well if this is any fuel to the fire, wolf of war gave me a good thought that came up after years of it being in the back of my mind. Sometimes i used to wonder wheather the government really knows the truth themselves. Considering all the supposed crafts they shot down. And from time to time years ago, i used to hear about if the governments know enough they'll brief the public. It makes you wonder.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
my question is, do you guys ever get tired of not being about to get through to the government to know were we stand with extraterriestrial life? To know that the only way we'll find out is when we each hit the bucket? If we ever find out for sure that were not alone in the universe. Thoughts?

I used to spend some time on the Internet over at a place that was really fascinated by Brian Wilson's legendary unfinished "Smile" Album, which incorporated songs like "Heroes and Villians," "Good Vibrations," and "Surf's Up," to name a few. They'd go on and on about it, creating their own mixes of the possible songs, trading rare bootleg recordings of session tapes the Beach Boys did back in 1967. There were really into it. Then a couple of years ago, Brian Wilson gets his gumption up, listens to some of the old tapes himself, starts working on the songs again and pretty soon he finishes the album, after 38 years. Won-won-wonderful, right?

Well, it was very exciting for a while, but it wasn't long before it just wasn't that interesting anymore. It had been done. The mystery was over. Time for everybody to fold up their chairs and go home.

Now, maybe that's not quite on the scale of visitors from outer space. That would blow so many minds it's hard to imagine. Even hard to imagine what I would think of it. But I sometimes wonder if it might have the same effect. As long as it didn't involve a huge invasion, where we all became slaves or food, I imagine it would be very exciting for a while, but after a while, things would slowly return to something approximating normal. The mystery would be over. The academics and the politicians would take over. Would I be interested in learning all about their technology and culture? Maybe. But there are plenty of other cultures on this planet right here that I could learn about, but I really couldn't care less about.

Yes, the mystery would be gone. And that's not always a good thing. After all, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." And it's usually a lot more fun, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe for one second that the Government know anything regarding aliens or the like. I believe they exist, and I believe that there is intelligence, no question about it. Whether it be a planet like ours, or something wildly different, it would be arrogant to suggest we are alone. With that said, they too must go through evolution, and ultimately, intelligence comes in an environment where survival is key.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You make a good point suicide virus but sometimes it can frustrate the person. My mom told she new someone in the navy stationed out in the mediteranean and all the guys would see all these wierd things in the sky. But they all coudn't talk about it. Sometimes imagination is good, but knowing the truth and erasing all the negativity can be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
dont worry we will find out if theres life on other planets before we die through our own science.

Planet hunting missions like kepler,SIM, darwin, tpf will tell us how common earth type planets are in the galaxy. If theres alot i think intelligent life must be common-Even a null result would be significant- it would tell us intelligent life is rare.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
That's the problem with imagination though, it massively out ways the real truth. We have not one scrap of proof or even evidence that these craft are even piloted by aliens. No one knows what the worlds military are producing, remember all the triangle crafts that where sighted all the time 10 years ago or so. It turns out it was the stealth bomber.

As a world weary race, we crave for something different, something to change the way we look and treat this planet. Aliens fit the bill perfectly.

What makes anyone think that alien disclosure would better us in anyway?

What if they (aliens) stumbled upon the use of interplanetary travelling by accident? What if they are only a few years ahead of us?

There's going to be mass disappointment if they come down and have no answers to all our burning questions.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
It bothers me more than anything else in the world actually. That is why im dedicating my whole life to finding the truth. The only way i think that i will ever find out what is going on unless they decide to pop in for a total disclosure is joining some kind of military.

OK, you joined the military or CIA and then what?
You'd be sworn to secrecy and couldn't tell anyone.

Isn't it more frustrating to know the truth and not be able to tell everyone? Your family, your friends, etc?

Not to mention that you probably wouldn't know the truth. The whole truth.
If by 'truth' you mean the existence of aliens.. yeah, but I'm sure then you would have even more questions and wanted to know more.

If you are already frustrated by not knowing the truth, joining 'them' is not the answer. I suspect it would be even more frustrating.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
bump, not many people like my posts, or maybe it's because i don't do it right, who knows. But i would like to really start a good discusion for people like myself who would like to know the truth but always seem to hit a snag. If we were to go into the military and try it that way they would just tell us yes were not alone, but not the whole truth. And why it's so diffficult to answer some of the bigger questions. Even some of the leading ufologists couldn't even help that.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dedication... hmm I too would wish to join
the military and find out the truth.
I think I could handle the long hikes and
the food, but would I ever find an 'in' that
would let me find out about aliens?

No one can ever know the full truth, it's
like putting a Pottery Barn book case together
without the instructions. It might look pretty, but
what do I do with all these loose screws?

My mother says it doesn't add up, I say
just feed Calaistoo and shaddup!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiemAlong with the whole truth behind all the government secrecy. B Thoughts?

Here is the secret.
Keep people caught up in believing in duality...throw them whatever bone they can so that they keep looking at a future for tomorrow. Keep them in fear, suspense, it really doesnt matter - and the you have the agenda unfolded.

Its rather simple, but then thats the beauty of it.
When you come to realize that non of it matters then you will have escaped the agenda.
But very few are ready for this probably (but who knows).
I say that as most people are so caught up in the drama and the game - the news, the conspiracy. It would be so boring to just let go of all of it - or would it.

In fact the power you have exist only in the present moment.
Not after you discover the cure for aids, or uncover the secret government, or buy that new mercedes that you will then want to trade in for a jag.

Yes you can have these things, but if its a means to an end, you will never reach it.
And thats the beauty of this agenda, as there is 'no-thing' yet we get entangled in it quite easily and could as easily dismiss such as message as this.

But as you go through life and start noticing and watching yourself.
Observe your reactions to people and to situations, start feeling life...you will see that life starts working for you - or rather you start working life. (it follows)

We truly dont believe we create with our thoughts.
for Christians its even kind of ironic as Christ said if you commit something with your thought, you have done it.

Why is this so? Well watch your thoughts and watch what happens.
Negativity typically draws negativity. When you have a different outlook on life and dont identify with the 'me' that we usually attribute to objects we own - as in the car is mine, then you wont feel as bad when its gone. (i.e. dont lay for yourself treasures on earth. As Eckhart said, does not mean not to lock your door, but dont put a sense of self where it doesnt belong.)

You want to know aliens...we are alien.
Everything is alien and foreign.

Does it mean to stop learning, no...but realize that the learning is happening now, and take from it what it give you in the present moment. Dont seek yourself in it in some future form down the road. i.e., Dr. of this, etc.

So its straight forward. You have the power already in you Luke...you just need to look.

Peace

Dalen

top topics

join