It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy Hall of Shame.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ok guys this one is to put the record straight, UFOlogy seems to be rife with fantasists, people that buy the whole plaedian/zeta reticuli quasi religious weirdness, hoaxers and a certain mr greer. Anyways i am a believaer, i just don't believe half the crap out there (on stantons side 100%).

Anyways take a look at this link and go through it and read it all, ( the only reason i posted it is because i seen someone on ATS posting a thread about 'Prophet Yahweh' and how he was 'the real deal').

Enjoy, and comments please.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ha! forgot to include the link
here it is

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That is an interesting list. I've just started getting back into the unexplained and haven't heard of most of these people. It's good to know what I should watch out for.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well known site , interesting and objective.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Since it's not directly covered on their front page, don't forget to read

Steven Greer UFOlogy's Own Worst Enemy

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brxan
That is an interesting list. I've just started getting back into the unexplained and haven't heard of most of these people. It's good to know what I should watch out for.

excellent, have a look at some of their claims, there eh well a bit too crazy, sometimes almost bordering on cult.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The future of this site is open to question. The owner is stepping down. Don't know the details yet. But get it while you can....

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some of the candidates they have villified were absolute nonsense IMHO. They have a tendency towards 'reaching' sometimes, and they have a smear-tactics feel about them. Not a fan of that site at all, nor do I put credence in much of what they have to say.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Jaime Maussan is another guy thats in it for the money, he'll try and pass off anything for a quick buck, he has a history endorsing one UFO hoax after another, once tried to pass off a picture of a galaxy as a UFO!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Billy Meier

...n'uff said

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh yes, the ultimate in shameful!

I put a challenge to the mighty members of ATS, to come forward and compile a list of dismissables in the world UFOlogy.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is quite a list. Makes me kinda start to lose faith in the ufo phenomenon as a whole after I read sites like that. Is ANYONE credible anymore these days?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I bet the person who wrote that hasn't met or talked to even one of the people mentioned.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

The same site offers the flip side of the coin as well.

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

It's a sorry story unfortunately, there are too many people out to make a name for themselves and they all have there own agenda and their own stories / claims. The link that tommyknockers just posted on the other hand is the UFOlogy hall of FAME!

That should grab your attention, the field has been blessed with some good.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Love that site. They nail both "professional" skeptics and scammers alike. The reason why there are way more scammer ufologists than skeptics is really just common sense, so no need to go there.

It's a good site, and if you don't agree with it most of what they have posted.....perhaps you should be on the list, lol. You should not want to believe so bad you will fall for things like Billy, Greer, Lear, Bob....the list goes on.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Yes even the more outrageous debunkers get a mention on the list which is a good thing, notice Prophet Yahweh is up there, it wasn't too long ago on ATS i seen an entire thread about him, a lot of people thought he was the real deal.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Greer did good in 2001, then nothing good since.

He has become what he claimed to be fighting.

He is leading the non-disclosure disclosure project.

In 2001 he claimed to have 400 witnesses. We heard from a few of them but nothing since... I'm not sure what goes on in their heads.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I love the ufo "hall of shame" list on ufowatchdog, except Shirley..He should drop Shirley Maclaine from this list. for example www.youtube.com... She is still too cute and good to be there. I love her

[edit on 20-10-2007 by commodore64]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree greer did good in 2001 but then he started with his quasi cult multi syllable word salads about vectoring UFO's blah blah blah greer has been dissed many times on ATS and quite frankly he deserves it, anyone who takes his word for gospel are just fantasists, watch too much star trek, or just have nothing else in their life (no offence intended, sort of) they either have no opinion of their own, or are just plain gullible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join