It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with CGI vs. Real Photography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I suppose you are correct. I just thought I had a special idea about something, but generally they have already been thought of and discussed
I need to learn to integrate that concept into my everyday thinking...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Sataurë]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Now as you can see, there is really no way to tell which is which without me telling you. It would be impossible for any of you to provide any evidence to me that the first image is CGI.

Actually I could spot the real one right away.. without you having to tell me..

Now look at the Kodak cam picture... Now pay attention to the LCD display.. You can clearly see the reflection of the wood table where it is laying on!
I am in no way a cgi expert, so see.. it is actually not that hard for anyone with a little common sense to distinguish a real pic from a cgi one in most cases.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
actually imaging experts can spot a cgi from a real photograph quite easily. The argument that its clearer therefore it must be real has nothing to do with how they spot a fake.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
i have to say it, at first glance it look like the first photo is just a digitally retouched 'real' image like one for hardware shop/store or something, truly spectacular cgi there, the second one just looks like an amateur photograph that was taken to prove a point.

new topics

top topics

join