It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is God really that good?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i mean he creates humans, he knows human nature, than he give us the right of choice but he punishes us if we do something he doesn't want us to do, doesn't show himself ever and wants us to believe in him, lets millions of people die of pain and suffering, humans have excisted for thousands of years, but he still doesn't tell us anything, what are we, what's our purpose, what happens when we die and why does it happen, he knows everything but he created satan, he knows everything but he didn't knew what bad things people would be doing, or did he?

why God and Satan can't be consience(sp?) one and the same creature?

it's positive will be called God it's negative will be called satan

i mean in a human there is good and there is bad but good usually overwhelms bad, cause we want to feel good about ourselves

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Quit slaving over these sort of questions. You'll go blind and insane. The book is set up to confuse you, and theres nothing we can do about it.

Myself, I'm an atheist. And questions like these drove me there. Sure, religion can't be simple and clear-cut. that is where ones faith functions.

But it shouldn't contradict itself or make its deity look like a hundred old man who's gone a bit senile.

(Ok, I made man with free will so he can choose to worship me, 'cause the angels just ain't cutting it anymore. Then he goes off and excersies that free will and now I have to cast him from Eden, even though I love Man, but he commits sin and I can't stand sin. Oh, and that lucifer sonofabitch that I made to tempt my creations is too damn efficent at his job, so I'm agonna cast him into a like of fire.)

see my point.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Also if God/Allah....... created everything then he/she/it must have created all those lovely diseases that kill millions every year. Created the plate techtonics that cause all the eartquakes/volcanoes that again kill thousands. The weather, probably the biggest killer of all if you include floods all made but this perfect being.

If we were that incompetent at work we would get fired.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
Is God Really that Good?

Yeah, He's pretty awesome.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
do you really think god sits up there and says to himself, ah today i'll kill all these people with a flood and tomorrow i'm gonna stave these people to death. in my opinion thats not the way it works, in my opinion god has nothing to do with us on earth and we make what we will with what we have or what we may do to each other or whatever. i look at life as a test myself.

juanbond,if i remember correctly god told adam and eve not to eat from the tree of life, so there was no freewill envolved, they were told not to do it,yet they did.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
juanbond,if i remember correctly god told adam and eve not to eat from the tree of life, so there was no freewill envolved, they were told not to do it,yet they did.

Of course there was free-will involved, if there wasnt, then they wouldnt have been able to eat from the tree of life.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlecEiffel

Originally posted by razorbackhater

Of course there was free-will involved, if there wasnt, then they wouldnt have been able to eat from the tree of life.

Dang it..........who's the sucker who put that tree in the garden anyway. What the hell was he thinking?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually, they were allowed to eat from the tree of life. It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil that they were forbidden to eat.

top topics

join