It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian man Raped After Refusing to Convert to Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
“We’re deeply concerned about the growing number of attacks against Christians in Pakistan.” Police refusing to help following counter-claim by “a man of influence”.“To make matters worse, the government is pushing through a law which could impose the death penalty for any Muslim man who converts to Christianity – and life imprisonment for any woman."

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wait a second, is not homosexuality forbidden in Islam?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i fail to see what this has to do with "religion in government"

but anyway, this is in pakistan, not exactly home to secular moral philosophy. any place lacking good secular philosophy descends into the barbarism of the majority religion.

something similar would happen if we had countries lacking secular moral philosophy that were almost 100% christian.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Um, we are talking about Pakistan here; not exactly known as a bastion of human rights. Great western propoganda, tho.

Here's some reverse propoganda for ya: Back when Rudolph Giuliani was the Mayor of New York, police under his leadership anally raped an innocent black man in the precinct house.

Giuliani promoted the ethos that manifested that act of senseless and perverted brutality. Its one reason why I will NEVER support his candidacy for president. He's every bit as bad as the cretins in BushCo.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How is this a religion in government issue? Torture and rape are crimes regarding or not regarding religion. That is inexcusable.

And reading this article, there is a huge bias. People, this is Pakistan. It's a Muslim, developing nation. Religious attacks are nothing new and we all know it's wrong, but that's for their government to decide not a bunch of self-righteous religious fanatics overseas.

What are Christians doing in Pakistan anyway? Pakistan was seperated from India specifically for Muslims to live. Pakistan and India hate each other (Islam vs. Hinduism), so why do you think they'd be accepting to Christians?

I suggest you read the first comment on the article by Doris of the UK and Shane Brady of Pakistan. They pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

new topics

top topics

join