It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O' Donnell Plans Gay Cruise to Bahamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comedienne and former talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell on Thursday announced plans for what is billed as "the first gay cruise with family values."

During the cruise, which will depart New York for the Bahamas on July 11, gay and lesbian passengers will be able to learn about topics like adoption and artificial insemination.

O'Donnell, recently in the headlines over a bitter court battle with the publisher of the magazine named after her, said the first offering from R Family Vacations would be a weeklong cruise on the new Norwegian Dawn cruise liner.

"We welcome all families -- however you define them -- to join us on this cruise," O'Donnell said in a statement.

Among the unusual ways passengers can spend their time on the cruise ship will be attending discussion groups on adoption, artificial insemination, surrogacy, and other topics of particular interest to gay parents or gay parents to be.

O'Donnell founded the company with her partner Kelli O'Donnell and Gregg Kaminsky, formerly of gay travel agency Atlantis.

Damn can we have a STRAIGHT Cruise to Bahamas?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
But then you wouldn't get to see all the wonderful scenery. bwahaha.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comedienne and former talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell on Thursday announced plans for what is billed as "the first gay cruise with family values."

During the cruise, which will depart New York for the Bahamas on July 11, gay and lesbian passengers will be able to learn about topics like adoption and artificial insemination.

Good for Rosie!
She's approaching issues in a careful enviroment where a backlash can be avoided, thats good in my book.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Talk about a cruise from hell ... and ah family values? WHAT?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
Talk about a cruise from hell ... and ah family values? WHAT?

What a homophobe. You actually think that homosexuals don't have the ability to raise children?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
homophobe? do you even know what that means or is it just a handy word for you to use? sure they have the ability to raise kids, the question is if they are raised right, i can only imagine a homosexual couple taking their kids to gay day at disney...how the hell does a homosexual parent explain to a child two men kissing? oh Johnny it's quite normal because they love each other, how else would they explain that to a child? two men kissing and I'm sorry to burst your bubble is not normal, this behavior does go against nature doesn't it? but wait I'm sure your response will be, well monkeys and dogs and other animals do it so it must be normal? great lower yourself to monkeys and dogs or whatever. therefore they are lying to their children aren't they? i guess from your point of view lying to your children is a great way to raise them? bring your labels and let's go...i'll be waiting.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
how the hell does a homosexual parent explain to a child two men kissing?

how does a heterosexual couple explain it to a kid??? how would you explain it??

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
homophobe? do you even know what that means or is it just a handy word for you to use?

...two men kissing and I'm sorry to burst your bubble is not normal, this behavior does go against nature doesn't it? but wait I'm sure your response will be, well monkeys and dogs and other animals do it so it must be normal? great lower yourself to monkeys and dogs or whatever. therefore they are lying to their children aren't they? i guess from your point of view lying to your children is a great way to raise them? bring your labels and let's go...i'll be waiting.

In case anyone didn't know the definition of a homophobe, I think you just cleared it up perfectly.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
actually i explained scientific fact , do i have to go through how the birds and the bees thing works with you? the birds and the bee's don't work with gays does it? sorry i disturbed you with facts...how about just throwing some more labels, that's easier and it probably makes you feel better too.

also why should i have to explain two men kissing to a child? in case you didn't know children are influenced by everything around them. nevermind the fact that you completely missed the point of lying to children.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
More cartoon logic punctuated by cartoon violence.

You don't need to explain anything to me. You remain crystal clear.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Though I believe Skippy even has limits.

new topics

top topics

join