It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people losing interest in ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
and it is perfectly normal to swear there...

this forum have too strict rules and it shows with fall off in interest...

The reason that there is no swearing here is a very simple one. We hold ourselves to a higher regard, and through the Terms and Conditions that we all agreed to upon signing up, abide by those rules.

Secondly, how can interest be down, when our numbers are going up, and a single thread that started yesterday has achieved 32 pages? And that's on top of every other thread that received responses. That's only counting the number of people that chose to post! What about those that just viewed the pages without posting/signing up?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We have had regular monthly growth ever since we started simple rules of polite decorum. We've been through four technology upgrades, and are planning our fifth because of the overwhelming demand for our member's content.

As tracked by "big boards," in the past four years, we've grown from a top-100 most-trafficked discussion board (in all topic areas) to a top-20, and regularly break into the top-10 during peak periods of important news or hot topics (we hit 11 this past week).

We're the only board with these types of rules, and the only board growing as fast.

I have no idea what you're basing your assumption on, but's certainly wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've been here just over two months and have over 1300 posts already. I'm on all the time. Maybe you're just not into the same content that others are, and that's why it appears that interest is falling off.

BTS is always hopping.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ATS has the most liberal rules on the internet

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Dont know.
I haven't visited as frequently as I used to.
Nothing wrong with ATS - just boils down to the fact that after awhile you hit a wall in your search.

Lets face the facts.
Truth is after awhile you will find that there is nothing that you can substantially add to your knowledge of U.F.O.s, world events, etc. without some revelation that you stumble upon. For the most part everything is theory - and up to some point all of the theories are the same with just a twist. So until you meet your own U.F.O. the rest is left for open discussion and debate.

I suppose you work with what you can and move on.
What can you practically obtain? Knowledge of U.F.O.s?
Sure there may be an experience worth taking note of - but until that time how can I better my life, lesson my fears/anger, etc. (basically how can i go about improving my life and furthering it - while at the same time keeping an eye open for some understanding of past events/postings or for new information to integrate into our matrix of knowledge.

So in short, yes there may be a wane in interest - again not in the topic itself, but just knowing that the reality of finding anything substantial to help you own your search probably hasn't been posted yet.

Well, Peace

dAlen

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have no problem with this and in RL I swear worse than a sailor.

Originally posted by loam
And that contributes to discussion, how?

hmmm, to me it gives me a feeling of freedom of speech...

alas, I was talking about the chicken and the egg 'off topic' problem, and what interestedalways said is what I agree with:

The trolls do seem to have gained power and maybe even favor from some of the mods.

it looks to me like when you touch some nerve (like the truth with a lot of photos and arguments) someone reports you and you become a fugitive...

that's what I really do not like here...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

it looks to me like when you touch some nerve (like the truth with a lot of photos and arguments) someone reports you and you become a fugitive...

that's what I really do not like here...

I don't know what you're talking about, could you give me a link to show what you mean? We don't moderate on someones opinion or anyones "reports". We moderate by the T&C.

BTW, I'd say that 80% of the "reports" we get are baseless when viewed via the T&C.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't know what you're talking about, could you give me a link to show what you mean? We don't moderate on someones opinion or anyones "reports".

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you will easily find the fugitive

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I don't know what you're talking about, could you give me a link to show what you mean? We don't moderate on someones opinion or anyones "reports".

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you will easily find the fugitive

Oh, I see now. YOUR other banned account.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh, I see now. YOUR other banned account.

yes... and, don't bother to explain I understand everything...

I'm a troll, eh?

bye

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've noticed that of the people that had been here a while that I respected, a lot have left. I personally stopped coming for a while a few months ago. There were a several things on the site going on that I didn't agree with that were really angering me and I got fed up, but a lot of it seems to have reverted or at least gone into the background.

Topics I was interested in seemed to halt for a bit too, but they have come back now to some extent. Still, I've heard lots of rants and complaints from very prominent members of this community behind the scenes, both that have already decided to leave and some who still remain for the time being. You'd be surprised to know who some of them are...

[edit on 7/1/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have no problem with this and in RL I swear worse than a sailor.

Now that says a lot. I was in the US Navy for only 4 years but it took me 10 years to even come close to breaking the habit...And I still slip once in a while.

Still, a once-in-blue-moon swear word does seem to lend appropriate emphasis in a discussion...As long as I still keep it under some control.

Originally posted by niteboy82
Secondly, how can interest be down, when our numbers are going up, and a single thread that started yesterday has achieved 32 pages? And that's on top of every other thread that received responses. That's only counting the number of people that chose to post! What about those that just viewed the pages without posting/signing up?

True. I just posted a new thread about Ron Paul a mere ten or fifteen minutes ago & I'd noticed the first reply posted four minutes after I started it.

I just wish all the threads I start get noticed that quickly...I've got quite a few dead threads stacked up in ATS, but some of those are literally years old.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree that topics & threads may wax & wane, but overall, I've seen nothing but growth in the years I've been here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join