It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people losing interest in ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Obviously not the people posting here now!

But I mean in general because I used to browse through the forum a few years ago and it was definitely a lot busier then.

Posts seemed to have way more responses and the whole place seemed more active.

What's going wrong?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthenwonow
Obviously not the people posting here now!

Then who are you referring to?

But I mean in general because I used to browse through the forum a few years ago and it was definitely a lot busier then.

Posts seemed to have way more responses and the whole place seemed more active.

What's going wrong?

Nothing wrong as I see it. I've been here going on 4 years and I don't think that your assessment is accurate. You may be seeing something in a certain forum. That happens, ebb and flow. As to the site, it's busier than it's ever been.

I'm asking for a raise.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I haven't noticed this trend, but if it's true it may just be that it's summer time and people are out doing more things and spending less time at the computer. These things come in cycles and if I remember correctly summer is always a bit slower. Of course it wasn't 2 days ago that we broke a record for having the most members on line at one time.
Given that I'd say that things are not slowing down a bit.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

There are a total of 238 registered members and 3808 visitors on AboveTopSecret.com domains right now.

And thats at 5:50 on a Friday night. It seems to me to be humming right along at a decent and steady speed.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have stopped posting in 9/11 threads mainly due to the lack of any real debate. I look but don't touch the stuff anymore. It's kinda funny reading a whole thread of 9/11 "CT'ers" argue amongst themselves beacause all the "Debunkers" have left or been exposed as "Disinfo agents". Other than that particular topic I still see good posts elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I look at the stats page for traffic info. and it seems healthy enough to me. The other thing might be that some topics may not have an update, I mean with NWO, everything is game, but not all topics might have constantly evolving threads or ideas.

Hey what do I know? I´m new!

I did see an amazing spike with the False FLag, and that was precisely because someone had created a hoax around a 2 highly popular and ever evolving subject matters - namely NWO and Alien conspiracy.

I agree with the seasonal points being as its is vacation time an' all

Happy Holidays! (Yall come back now ya hear?:lol

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
DEFINITELY NOT!!!

I certainly would have no idea! It's such an open and receptive environment...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I have stopped posting in 9/11 threads mainly due to the lack of any real debate. I look but don't touch the stuff anymore. It's kinda funny reading a whole thread of 9/11 "CT'ers" argue amongst themselves beacause all the "Debunkers" have left or been exposed as "Disinfo agents". Other than that particular topic I still see good posts elsewhere.

Ditto for me. Everything else is still good, but I lost all interest in participating in the 911 threads. I follow UFOs mostly, but the site is so cool for branching off into new, unfamiliar stuff. I've learned so many odd, interesting things here!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My own presence varies depending on what's going on in my life. And while there are things happening in the world, there's nothing like 9/11 or an election to boost the online chatter!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It could be that since there are more members, there are more threads, and so more threads to respond to, so fewer responses on average per thread.

But I'm new too so thats just a hunch.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Doesn't seem it to me...

[edit on 29/6/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's an interesting comparison between the last week of June in 2007, and the last week of June in 2005.

As you can see, back in 2005, it wasn't too bad with almost 17,000 posts in one week and 540 new members. But this week (with still a bit more than one day to go, we have more than 18,500 posts and 436 new members (it was easier to join in summer 2005 as we gave out passwords on-screen, rather than via email).

Also, form a pure traffic perspective, Google's AdSense reports indicated we've served 4.5 million pages of content (pages with Google ads) in June 2007 (so far), and 3.5 million pages in 2005. Quite a difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And plus how could people lose interest with all the new features popping up every 2 seconds?

link   
Losing interest in ATS?...perish the thought.

The many varied topics that arise on a daily basis; as well as those that are in a continuing flux, keep alive the interests and desires of decifering 'between the lines' of truth.

Diligent members that strive for absolute meanings to our everyday existence will be kept in stride. C'est la vie - but in a good way!

link   
Lack Of Interest?

I don't think so. :shk:

For my part, however, I've been pretty scarce lately not due to a lack of interest, but as a consequence of being busy with many, many other things in RL that happened to come at me at once.

But in my case, as in the case of all members, interest in ATS and pretty much anything will vary over time.

So I wouldn't sweat it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I try to check in every day multiple times a day and click the recent posts link...If something catches my eye I am sure to click...I also like to double check my U2Us and see if my buddy Springer has checked in!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I dont think so- this morning at 6am this place was buzzing already. The attack in England had already 2 pages!!!

I had to work, that could be the difference you notice.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthenwonow
Are people losing interest in ATS?

I'm typing as fast as I can, what the hell do you want from me ?
I'm trying, I really am..........

But check out this link for board stats:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will try to get a few posts in tonight just to keep ATS going.

And please, if nothing else, click an ad so intrepid can get a raise.
Lord knows he's earned it.

Edit: bad bbcode, bad. Go to your room.......:shk:

[edit on 29/6/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would say no. Its summer, kids are in camp. "Grownups" are on vacation. I'm working my ass off...

Its the time of year to be outside, although I've probably been spending too much time inside. Its so darn hot in Arizona. At least there's some great hiking trails.

Oh well.

ATSers come and go. Post quality rises and falls, such is the ebb and flow of life. Why should this forum be any different?

Skeptic, thanks for the data. Very interesting to see how often people are on. Cool beans

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sometimes in the summer chat forums and boards have a downswing in traffic. I noticed this on two other boards that I used to post on. Folks are outside enjoying the summertime.

If you notice something moving slowly, it could be because of that.
Folks are outside having a picnic or a swim in the pool instead of being
inside chatting on the computer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join