It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother: Cameras watching cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Big Brother: Cameras watching cameras

rinf.com

The surveillance society is not just content to watch all of us, everywhere we go, but is now considering the monitoring of its own cameras, as members of the general public rebel against the dramatic increase of these privacy eroding systems - by destroying one of the most despised surveillance methods in the UK, the speed camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is completely crazy, cameras to watch cameras.

Who's watching the watchers?

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Its a system (of cameras and surveilance) thats run amuck. Just wait a few years for the cameras to really become pervasive there and here in the US. In the UK they have issues with manpower, automation of the cameras and facial recognition will be coming full force as well, due to this lack of manpower, lower costs etc...It isnt good.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthenwonow

This is completely crazy, cameras to watch cameras.

Who's watching the watchers?

This is really a non issue. One has to expect them to turn cameras on other cameras simply because vandals are tryiing to destroy some of them. The story is very misleading. the intenttis clear and has noting to do with cameras watching cameras they are watching for vandals.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Would'nt it be funny if they end up making all the Cameras watch other cameras and
it ends up where no one is watched by Cameras anymore.

Oddly enough I could see that happening to some extent, not saying it will,
but hey anything seems possible anymore.

I don't think these cameras in themselves are actually really that bad, since all they
do is watch other cameras, but yeah.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You guys aren't worried that there are cameras surveilling us in the first place?

How much crime (aside from retail stores) has been stopped because of cameras?

A good snitch is 100X better than any camera. A case of mistaken identity can land a perp in jail for a crime they had not even commited. Granted, this happens now without cameras. There are many people that I've met that look pretty similar to me. If they were caught robbing someone and the person in the tape just so happened to look like me, I go to jail.

Give me some stats on how many times cameras have actually saved someone, even then I don't think its a good idea.

A good neighbor is a lot better than a police state with surveillance everywhere

I'm sick of hearing about this kind of stuff, as well as the ELF technology crap.

When will people say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

[edit on 30-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
A good neighbor is a lot better than a police state with surveillance everywhere

Just being the devil's advocate here, but what about places where there are'nt neighbors,
like places where there are'nt many people at a certain time?

Personally I don't mind stores having cameras on there property if they want,
or stoplight cameras.

However I am sort of middle of the road when it comes to Cameras on streetlights and
on every block, I mean I can understand one that can see to the end of the street,
but not seven cameras on the same street.
And I mean in cities and such, not in normal neighborhoods, unless they have a high tendency
towards crimes like Ghettos or Council Estates.

[edit on 6/30/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now I've heard it all!

I think they are doing this, becasue they are anticipating a future whereby disgruntled people will try and attack cameras that are watching us, and in furture, who knows?

I think there will be a network of cameras for every street and road. It certainly makes sense if you are trying to control the entire country remotely! I recently wrote about a spy camera, that flies around on its own, watching from about 200 feet above you.

new topics

top topics

join