It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cirrus Jet - Suburban SUV Of The Skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.cirrusdesign.com...
www.the-jet.com...

Cirrus Aircraft Design out of Duluth, MN has unveiled a beautiful new aircraft. This single-turbo-fan engine, V-Tail aircraft cruises at 350 mph and carries 7 passengers and cargo.

Also included is the Cirrus-Patented aircraft parachute recovery system. This huge parachute can be activated by the pilot in the event of engine failure to safely float the aircraft back to Earth saving both man and machine.

The price tag for this new-age suburban family vehicle is just $1 million.
Already 150 pre-orders have been confirmed.

I hope this new design helps pave the way to a new generation of personal aircraft that everyone can afford and operate.

For now were sure to see huge purchase orders from businesses and private owners alike. I would not be surprised to see new start-up airlines or air-taxi businesses buy a fleet of these new Cirrus Jets. Creating a whole new level of air-transport.

I would also expect to see aircraft giants like Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, etc to unveil or develop similar aircraft in the near future.

Cheers to the Cirrus Engineers!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was admiring that design earlier today. Interesting how it uses the same basic layout as the Global Hawk. The Cirrus is not quite so revolutionary however as VLJ's are springing up from several manufacturers. Cessna may well get in on the act, there is already a Piper VLJ I believe, but Boeing and Airbus wont touch this sector at all, guaranteed.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As a former pilot I seem to recall the V-tail Beechcraft Bonanza had a lot of crashes because of problems for inexperienced pilots with the unconventional tail. I don't recall the actual issues, but if you're going to call something an SUV of the skies then you have to make a product which is idiot proof.

new topics

join