It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jerk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Honestly, I think this is one of my favourite comedy films.
It works on a lot of levels and has my favourite comedy - surreal with a touch of darkness.

I know it's not everyones cup of tea, cos we all got different kinds of sense of humour - but it's one of my top 10.

Ireally love surreal dark humour - best example?
The league of Gentlemen.

If you get a chance to watch any of the league and you like warped comedy, watch it.

Apart from that, I love Starship Troopers - WOW great film - many levels again, but also just eye candy and "doobie fodder"

Oh, and Uncle Buck

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Damn I love all of those movies too.. Starship Stroopers...totally doobie fodder. reminds me of collage "Nuke Em Rico!" friggen awsome line!

Uncle BUck....that guy was the man. I'm gunna be the type of uncle who takes a drill to some strangers bedroom door to extract my niece and then abduct the scummy guy she's with by scaring him into my car trunk. Plus I want a car with back fires like his.
chick chick....(wait for it) BANG! Great!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
.... but the Jerk! That movie was truly brilliant.

"BANG!....uh oh! defective oil cans. BANG! uh oh defective windshields Bang! uh ho defective tires."

All I need is my buttler....oh OK...well All I need is my dog ****head....oh wait where you going?....All I need is my Thermos" " my thermos!"

Great movie. My dad turned me on to it. it's his favorite movie too!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LMAO @ THERMOS

Was just watching it - what a cool movie

Hey, what do you guys watch over and over

A movie that you never get tired of?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Jerk, trains Planes & Automobiles, Uncle Buck. Strangely enough the ghost hunters on DVD is comforting to me after a stressful day at work. When I was a kid I watched the movie ALiens maybe 100 times. seriously my mom had to ban me from renting it anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
The Jerk, trains Planes & Automobiles, Uncle Buck. Strangely enough the ghost hunters on DVD is comforting to me after a stressful day at work. When I was a kid I watched the movie ALiens maybe 100 times. seriously my mom had to ban me from renting it anymore.

LMAO
cool
planes trains etc is a great movie

What about "Crossroads" - the one with karate kid - music by Ry Cooder and Stevie Vai?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ah, the Jerk. It truly is one of the all time best comedy movies, right up there with Life of Brian and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And Zoolander. I can't get enough Zoolander.

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

"He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!"

And when the can shooting guy tracks him down to deliver that message and Navin gets down on the ground and holds up a cross made from two pieces of wood. It kills me every time.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh come on..... Uncle Buck... The scene where he is takin' it out on the washing machine/dryer while the woman listens/watches through the keyhole.... I laughed until i fell off the couch!
Oh and The Holy Grail..."What are you going to do? Bleed on me?......" Beyond classic!

[edit on 29-6-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
And what about:
"Hi, Buck melanoma, moley russells wart....... I mean her growth....... her tumour
Old melanoma heads comin"

"here's a quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face"

Has me in stitches every time

And the Holy Grail is classic - but I am a big Monty Python fan
"your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry"
WTF were those guys on

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

[edit on 30/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sorry, 2nd linl doesn't work
I didn't want to embed it cos it takes up space on the site

Plus I don't know how

2nd clip is "French Taunting" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Just copy and paste into google video for the clip

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When you want to embed a vid, it has to be from YouTube or Google. When you are posting a reply to a thread, in the button bar you'll see a button for each site. Click that, insert the video number and hit enter, and your vid will automatically embed.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So, anyone got thoughts about pulp fiction?
or
blair witch
or
green mile
or
any other film you like and would care to discuss

new topics

top topics

join