It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some intriguing stuff in the new CIA Doc Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Skepchick points out that there are some intriguing tidbits in the CIA's recent release of the Family Jewels documents. Apparently, there was at least some interest at the CIA in UFOs in the 60s. Have a look.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just had a look at a bunch of documents and it looks like there's something there. Obviously if the CIA was still interested in the phenomenon in the 90's, it certainly still is today...

As a teaser, here's a passage I pulled from a one-page file entitled simply "UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS" (1958):

"The statements in inquiries in these letters invovle a number of critical matters. It is important that our responses be carefully prepared." (Source)

Of course, the letters referred to are not included in the file. Also, a number of other intriguingly titled docs contain pages of deleted material.

I'm not going to get my hopes of finding anything substantial to far up. But this is great. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Those critical matters include the "U-2".

I heard it first hand from a CIA historian (as in government employee so I believe this is official) a few years ago that a substantial number of what were then reported UFO sightings were identified internally in the government as US test aircraft. The US did not acknowledge them at the time, but they were quite interested in how people saw them and described them.

He discussed things from that era since that was what was allowed to be publicly discussed.

new topics

join