It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The phone is dead... Long live the iphone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
First off the IPhone is stupid. i mean you cant even surf the net while talking on the phone.

When you merge technologies you get one crap product. ever since they have been trying to merge crap with crap you get bigger crap.

For example cell phone with camera's im sorry im buying a cell phone not a camera ill by a camera when i need one. Make a cell phone that works properly that you can beat up, and works no matter what.

Then take the same concept and make a good camera. no a camera that takes video as well. make a good camera that i can beat up and it still works.

One more thing. if you buy the iphone because its cool you're simple a moron. What happens if you loose it, then you loose your music cell phone and video player all in one day.

im out

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well it would appear that the iphone is not so popular within the ATS community!

Oh well never mind. I just read that the stores in new York still had iphones for sale on Saturday, which is quite funny considering people queued up for like three days, so they could get one and then sell it on!

Ha Get a job ya layabouts!

Come on I know someones got one somewhere, don't be shy, tell us all about it!

Or are you embarassed for getting a $600 paper weight?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Whats special about the Iphone other than its some new gadget? I'm not getting it, if the internet is slow and it takes 6 steps to make a call what is the big deal.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't have one of these if It was handed it to me on a golden platter! I don't even like my cell phone, it's the biggest intrusion my life has ever seen. There's no privacy in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'll buy one if it can make scrambled eggs and toast. If not I will stick with my ordinairy cellphone that only ...now get this.... makes phone calls.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh there are some quite bitter people out there aren't there!

Where's that sence of adventure, the spirt that made America the powerhouse of research and development that it is!

I guess there is more to life than a new toy, but oh it's so shiney!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OK, say you're working the night shift on your job and you can't use the work PC (it's locked down) to surf the 'Net.

Well you just pull out your iPHONE and in seconds you're surfing and watching vids.

For a few people it's a liberating tool. Once they come up with some better additions, say a virtual screen that connects to a mini-camera in your glasses, or it shrinks to wrist watch size, more and more people will want one.

But in its current configuration, it appears to be too restricting, and uses an older connectivity service and doesn't even have an address book, from what I've heard.

I guess it depends on the way it's used. If you're in a place with no PC and you depend on the web, then you're almost always connected.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
got my phone in the mail today... aparently apple didn't load test their activation servers and it took almost 18 hours to activate it. and when im on the internet, phone calls do not come in, not even a notice. hmm, can anyone say firmware upgrade?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There's a lot of activation horror stories. I'm glad I didn't have the cash to jump on board immediately!

I'm sure everything will get fixed, and if AT&T still screws up, Jobs will dump them in a heartbeat.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It looks like 700,000 have been sold since the launch, blowing away even the most optimistic forecasts. Plus it seems the activation issues have been pretty much all resolved.

Go Apple!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

lol at this video the iphone

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks like 700,000 have been sold since the launch, blowing away even the most optimistic forecasts. Plus it seems the activation issues have been pretty much all resolved.

Go Apple!

Hey someone said nice things, that's not right!!

Bodrul. That's an awsomely funny video!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Being the huge geek that I am, I cannot wait to get my hands on one.

Sure, I have a phone that does everything the iPhone does, but it's one of those things that I just need.

Really, really need.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well there are still plenty of stories circulating about the iphone.

People have smashed them and have been trying to crack them.

Loads of rumours as to which service providers in which countries will get the contracts to have the iphone.

Goggle maps is going live in Hong Kong very soon (according to my wifes gossip mags.) so it maybe worth getting one when it gets here in January.

Google maps will be a nightmare for Hong Kong, the density of the population and the ammount of restaurants in a single building. They must charge for people to be listed. Right?

MonKey

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
giant turd waste of money.

at least it blends

www.liveleak.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join