It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The phone is dead... Long live the iphone!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The iphone is launched today in the US. I'd really like to get my gypsy thieving fingers on one, but it isn't going to be avalible in Asia for another 6 months or so!

So come on, own up! Which of you have been queing up over night to get one?

Who thinks it's a load of old donkey doo?

Personally I'd be wetting my soft and silky undies to be getting one.

I'd like some hands on user reviews please, not just the media generated, here's a free phone, write something nice, kinda stuff.

And no Apple bashing - This is about the phone/ipod/supercomputer in ya hand all singing, all dancing, wet dreamin and back flipping

iphone!

Go on rip it to shreds (you know you want too!)

www.apple.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, at 500 to 600 bones it'll be awhile before I get one. Also, I heard you have to sign up with AT&T exclusively. Is this true?

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Another thing I don't need. I carry a cell phone that does the basic phone stuff. No email, no camera, no Internet. Just a phone. And not even a flip phone. I don't want it, because I don't need it.

But I'm not the target group for this, and I'm quite sure it'll be a rousing success.

I'm an analog guy in a digital world.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have this photo of yeahright doin' one of his deals a la Michael Douglas in Wall Street.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!!!

Close, but mine has a rotary dial. And I think that dude might have a couple decades on me.

Gotta love Gizmodo.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have heard alot of bad reviews on this.

For starters the internet is unbearably slow so that takes out net, you may already have an Ipod and a phone so what are you left with thats really special???

Seems like aload of Apple fanboys are going crazy and not many other people.
(Camping outside the shop for days?, thats worse than my friend paying £45 for GTA SA on order to get it at midnight the day before release, then I walk into a shop next day, hundreds of copys and I pay £30).

Point is there is no point, it's absolutly pointless in my eye's and peeps who camp for days outside a shop for this (I understand for concerts and other BIG EVENTS that are once in a lifetime) but this is rediculous...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Video

Somebody tried to steal an iPhone on live TV...he missed though...

edit: Someone cursed in the video too...which made it on the air...just a warning you know...

[edit on 29/6/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm an analog guy in a digital world.

Throw us a leg and we'll drag you in to the present: kicking and screaming if you like!

I have heard alot of bad reviews on this.

For starters the internet is unbearably slow so that takes out net, you may already have an Ipod and a phone so what are you left with thats really special???

Hey Chukkles. True, true. I'm guessing were you live will make a big difference to the performance you can get out of the iphone. Hong Kong is hugly wireless, so it should rock over here. If your in the UK and north of the Watford gap you could be just wasting money!

Edit - Just seen Enjoies05 post, Man that is way too stupid! I reckon the guy has a microphone fetish, it was nothing to do with the iphone. He saw that foam covered mike and couldn't control himself.

[edit on 29/6/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

Mod edit: changed from code tags to quote tags in hopes it would fix the page-stretching

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Duzey]

And it did. Please use the quote tags when quoting other members.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Throw us a leg and we'll drag you in to the present: kicking and screaming if you like!

No. No pulling my rock-hard leg. I'm right where I want to be at this stage of the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You have to use AT&T.

The monthly service charge will be between $60 and $100

It takes SIX steps to dial a call

No, thanks. I'll stick with my Kyocera Switchback

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Must have iphone, I just want to test one out myself before I end up buying one, because its something that I have wanted for sometime, sure I may be an apple fanboy, but it still looks pretty sweet, and what bad reviews? I have heard great ones, but you know, I liek to see things for myself first.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Who knows....

Negative:

It's big
It is slow on internet: uses Edge technology, not 3G...a bit behind the times there. Had they made it 3G.....it would have internet speed similar to cable...Too long from concept to completion....The at&t service is great, but there are plenty of other phones that do plenty and cost alot less and are alot smaller in size
No one knows if it is worth the money yet (great hype though)....hype has no value

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So, what's the story?

I'm sure someone on ATS has one by now....

I want one, but will probably wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i got one. impossible to get in NY so I paid a at&t store i called in a small ohio town to send me one for $50 on top of the retail price. should be here in 2-3 days. dont think ill be able to sleep.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
2nd gen is due out in October.

The founder of Apple got in line in San Francisco today (or was it San Jose) and the people at the front of the line gave him cuts.

The guy first in line in Burlingame got busted with a six pack -- no public drinking -- and was hauled away in handcuffs. didn't get his iPhone either.

It's the biggest thing to hit the local news since Paris Hilton. :shk:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
come to think of it, if i was smart i would have bought a few more and sold them ebay or craigslist style... live and learn.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Who knows....

Negative:

It's big
It is slow on internet: uses Edge technology, not 3G...a bit behind the times there. Had they made it 3G.....it would have internet speed similar to cable...Too long from concept to completion....The at&t service is great, but there are plenty of other phones that do plenty and cost alot less and are alot smaller in size
No one knows if it is worth the money yet (great hype though)....hype has no value

Well there you go! The Excitable boy is not so excited!

I would think that, 6 months down the line all the bugs will have been worked out, so the Asian version should be cool. a second gen in Oct, that's a pretty fast expected update time MM. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the...

iphone nano

Someone must have one by now!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well the reports are coming in now, the BBC has a few stories about the ques and the inital responces.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

but the Macworld web site has the horror stories.

iphone.macworld.com...

iphone.macworld.com...

Gotta laugh really.

There is bound to be a few cock-ups with any new product, but with all the hype that has gone along with iphone, the chances are you will be hearing about every cock-up the iphone and apple has to offer.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
not intrested

waste of money

and knowng appla and the uk the price will be over £400+

bloody rip off britain

also i will stick with 02

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am sure that I wont be getting an iphone. Given that a Mac laptop costs around the five grand mark here in NZ I dread to think what the price of the iphone will be here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join