It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Veggie Booty, a snack particularly popular among small children, may carry Salmonella food poisoning and should be thrown out, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said.
The FDA said on Thursday at least 52 people in 17 states had become sick after eating the green-colored snack food marketed by Robert's American Gourmet. The New Jersey-based company said it had temporarily stopped making and selling the snack, which contains spinach, kale and other vegetables.
"Almost all the illnesses have occurred in children under 10 years old, with the most cases in toddlers. Most persons had reported bloody diarrhea; four were hospitalized," the FDA said in a statement.