It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential cure for HIV discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Potential cure for HIV discovered

news.yahoo.com

CHICAGO (AFP) - In a breakthrough that could potentially lead to a cure for HIV infection, scientists have discovered a way to remove the virus from infected cells, a study released Thursday said.

The scientists engineered an enzyme which attacks the DNA of the HIV virus and cuts it out of the infected cell, according to the study published in Science magazine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its an interesting approach to be sure. the emzyme bascialy cuts out the DNA section of HIV out of the cell it has infected. Thus far a cure has been very elusive and this one has a long way to go, but this is one of the first that could actualy cure patients rather than meerly supress the disease and its symptoms.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is such a great find.

Although there's still a long way to go, this is a good first step in hopefully getting rid of this virus that has killed so many.

I'm excited about the prospect of finding a cure for this because it's the only virus (that I know of) that we can eliminate fully from the population.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
HIV is harmless, you are a host for approx. 35 HIV-like viruses in your body in a lifetime. HIV won't kill you as many who refused medication can tell you. It's all a hoax of the century. virusmyth.net

Also, tests are unreliable and many people are once HIV+ and later HIV-. Still, it is a virus and body creates antibodies, but this means it controls it. Anyway, there are people alive after being HIV+ for 25 years, hehe.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
HIV is harmless, you are a host for approx.

Right, explain that to the millions that died before medications and that are dying in Africa from HIV infection at this moment. Were you around in the eighties? When this unexplained illness was killing people and causing strange cancers and nobody knew what it was? It was no myth back then and hardly caused by meds.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How do they know they can "cut it out of the infected cell" when they have never been able to isolate it?

You can’t prove something was removed if you can’t even prove it exists to begin with.

Symptoms of HIV/AIDS do not prove existence.

Thats like me saying my the walls of my office are white because a ghost paints them every night and then you saying my ghost claim can't be denied because clearly my walls are white.

Something is going on, but we don’t yet know what for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
When this unexplained illness was killing people and causing strange cancers and nobody knew what it was? It was no myth back then and hardly caused by meds.

You can't prove HIV has killed anyone. If you can, I will buy you a new car.

Something kills people in the way credited to HIV, but you dont know what that something is for sure.

I want proof, not just someone says so.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
AIDS Hoax Ten Reasons video is very good, it explains it all:

Google Video Link

Deconstructing The Myth Of AIDS (Gary Null)

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
actually, as ive always understood it, HIV doesnt kill you, it leads to AIDS which is an immune deficiency syndrome. most people that "die from aids" are actually dying from things like, pneumonia, because their immune system is shot and they cant fight it.

or something to that effect.

still cant say id want to be HIV positive...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So how brave are you that say that HIV won't kill you? Are you willing to be injected with the HIV virus? If not then can it.

HIV leads to AIDS...to deny the link is akin to saying that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Sloppy logic all the way across the board.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Watch the videos, HIV is a virus, but AIDS doesn't exist.

Best advice to someone HIV+ is to stop taking medication, especially any 'cocktails' or AZT poison. AZT was banned in 1960's as a cancer drug because it destroys immune system. There is no real AIDS.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
So how brave are you that say that HIV won't kill you? Are you willing to be injected with the HIV virus? If not then can it.

HIV leads to AIDS...to deny the link is akin to saying that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Sloppy logic all the way across the board.

Well then you should have absolutely no problem proving it then, right?

You speak of logic

Your idea of a logical conclusions is that so many people believe it so it must be true even though there is no proof?

So Columbus and his predecessors were using faulty logic, just because everyone knew the world was flat, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Best advice to someone HIV+ is to stop taking medication,

Worst advice ever. Your theories have not been proven and you are willing to tell people to stop their meds?

especially any 'cocktails' or AZT poison.

AZT is not in the medications anymore.

There is no real AIDS.

Since people are dying from Accuired Immune Deficiency Syndrom (whether from HIV or not) there is AIDS.

Edit: On topic, I hope this works.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am not willing to be injected with HIV because I do not want AIDS. You guys are the ones saying that there is no connection between the two so the burden of proof is on the nay sayers.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
New drugs and cocktails are harmful too, AZT is still used too. Watch the videos, check the sites. AIDS is a fake disease, eating billions of dollars for no cure because you can't cure something which is not there.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

how do you isolate a fragile virus while excluding the possibility of secondary infction (ie. other agents) seems hard to do, imho.

AIDS is a collection of diseases and one thing is certain: African AIDS and Western AIDS may be related but they are completely different. (f-ex more or less even distribution between the sexes). it does not follow the growth curve of a newly emerged disease either, in fact there's no curve at all it's more or less linear. to top it off, even orthodox medicine admits that only a small percentage of specific T cells are infected at any given time, even under the worst conditions.

how does the loss of a small fraction of immune cells kill you exactly?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

AZT is still used too.

Please prove this. I have asked my doctor and a plethora of HIV + friends I have. What's your evidence?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
how does the loss of a small fraction of immune cells kill you exactly?

I am under the belief of some researcher who basically found that it is related to selenium deficiency.

Africa has no selenium in their soils so the food doesn't contain any.

So, it's the combination of HIV (which depletes selenium to begin with) and lack of selenium in the diet that contributes to AIDS IMO.

Also, the use of such drugs as what is called "poppers". These drugs contain benzene which, like mercury, never leaves the body.

But, I do believe there has never been a case of AIDS without HIV. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
that's because AIDS is defined as a set of catalogued symptoms plus HIV. unless you test positive you may still die you won't be classed as a victim of AIDS.

btw, do modern AIDS regimes include Selenium supplements or is it still strictly 'alternative' ?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You guys are the ones saying that there is no connection between the two so the burden of proof is on the nay sayers.

No, sorry, thats not how it works and if you said that in a room full of scientists they would think you a fool.

You cant prove a negative.

You are saying you believe AIDS is linked to HIV because the US government jumped the gun and backed the "research" of a lone retro-virus researcher before he had allowed peer review of his findings.

The man who "discovered" the HIV/AIDS link was a washed up scientist who had been trying unsuccessfully to prove that retroviruses were the cause of everything from Alzheimer’s to cancer.

The truth is that HIV is not found in all AIDS patients and that many of those found to be HIV positive not only never develop AIDS but actually are found in successive tests to NOT be HIV positive.

The point of all this is that you cannot prove the HIV/AIDS link because no one can.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join