It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting: Rumor Mill News under attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While I give RMN as much credit as Rense, I know Rayelan and at least credit her intent as noble.

Recently, she claims her site is under a serious Denial Of Service attack. This claim seems to be well founded as I can ping her server, but HTTP web access is difficult at best.

This seems an interesting development... anyone hear anything else?

And, can you get to: www.rumormillnews.com... ?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No I cant. But you realize of course this is just the confirmation of every paranoids worst fear that visits that place. Ooooo! I know, I havent visited Ranger Rick in quite awhile, I bet she has something to say..CLICK HERE

Actually I scanned the place, she says nothing, which as an after thought probably makes sense. I bet Ranger Rick is a little bitter this hasnt happened to her yet!

[Edited on 11-29-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 12:45 PM
link   
William is her story about her husband being a CIA (?) agent etc etc, true then?

Maybe I sould take more notice of the site..

If its under attack it could easily be some script kiddie, doesn't mean the govt or background forces are involved...

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wasn't Ranger Rick banned from RMN?

I got word that apparently an agent "PatriotLad" has just posted a long piece which was supposed the be the result of some deep research. The "attack" is supposed to have started within minutes of the material appearing in the reading room.

And yes, Rayelan's hubby is a former employee of a government Agency. However, you must realize that Rayelan does not agree with most of what is posted, she just provides a forum much like a gold miner sifts through tons of dirt to find a little gold dust.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here's the scoop:

groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i just tried to get into the site and got a internal service error....after several trys i did manage to get in..

as i am new here i would like to ask a question..who is rumor mill..is it simulair to this site..for some reason i am thinking not as i quickly read a post over there about a guy sitting in tin foil..?!?! to stop the microwave bombarbment he was getting..any who....what is the postion of the fine posters here in regards to that site..thank you in advance!

Boomslang

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by Boomslang]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 04:56 PM
link   
RMN tends to be the giant Internet repository for every tin-foil-hat wearing conspiracy ultra-paranoid contributor WHO WRITES IN ALL CAPS to excentuated IMPORTANT POINTS.

However, I know a few of the more serious poster/researchers from way back and have had discussions with Rayelan (the owner/operator) on and off (mostly about two years ago, it's been at least a year since we exchanged e-mail).

Their efforts are not unlike an old gold prospector, sifting through hundreds of pounds of dirt to find a few small gold nuggets. I don't have the patience to sift through information in that way... but it seems the Internet demands a patient prospecting-styled approach to conspiracy research. -sigh-

Of late, RMN has taken on an anti-Semitic flavor I find unsavory, however, from time to time, interesting angles on serious conspiracy subjects will emerge.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I find the noise-to-signal ratio over there to be too high to be of value. Yeah, there's some nuggets in there but you have to wade through a lot of drivel.

And they do tend to take any wild theory they have and publish it as fact without research or documentation.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I caught their announcement second-hand and it all seemed rather ominous: like a "Denial of Sevice" but subtly different.
My first thought was "boosting the ratings", I have to confess.
It is hard to see why Rumor-Mill would be a prime target -there's little that isn't elsewhere and finding substantiated news is quite a challenge.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 12:16 AM
link   
On the other hand, if we recall what ostensibly loyal posters have apparently done - or tried to do - to us, over the years, we cannot entirely rule out sabotage/ego/fifth Column/sour grapes.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I've received an e-mail from a RMN "insider" and I now think it is factional in-fighting.

It's an odd lot over there.

However, that article certainly has some interesting tidbits hidden among the alarmist ALL CAPS CONSPIRACY SPEAK.

new topics

top topics

join