It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer

i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but i am sure that he wasn't offended (he must hear that often..)

but that's just my opinion, one of the mods didn't think the same and warned me, but i think the litlle "warn" sign looks kind of good, when it'll pass i'll make sure to get one again

Warnings are not badges of honour and they don't come of with time served.
If you think it's cool to have one then maybe ATS is not for you.

edited to add quote

and that thinly veiled insult may just get you another

[edit on 29/6/07 by executioner]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner

Warnings are not badges of honour and they don't come of with time served.

[edit on 29/6/07 by executioner]

and i thought it was a sign of appreciation for my contribution to the thread...
k k , badges of honour are for those who fight behind enemy lines..

[edit on 29-6-2007 by charlie_the_loafer]

Edit: Censor circumvention.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

"stupid" it's not "calling names" . i mean if i would told him " wow man, you're smart , your thoughts inspire me " - that would mean "name calling" too.

Let me break it down for you. That IS an insult.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but i am sure that he wasn't offended (he must hear that often..)

Is that another insult?

but that's just my opinion, one of the mods didn't think the same and warned me, but i think the litlle "warn" sign looks kind of good, when it'll pass i'll make sure to get one again

I've got a pile of them, how many would you like? BTW, there are other buttons that can be pushed as well for a disruptive member. One of them actually takes away your ability to post. I recommend that you read the Term and Conditions of Use so we don't have to go there.

I hope that was helpful.

Edit: BTW, don't circumvent the censors. They are there for a reason.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
damned u2u's aren't working for me so excuse the interruption but you might want to check this out

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

now back to your regularly scheduled terrorism updates

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The BBC have just reported there being two devices in London this morning. Sorry for the one-liner. I will post up a link when I get one.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
now back to your regularly scheduled terrorism updates

As of 3:50 pm EST (USA)

3 vehicles of interest.
2 with bombs confirmed (so far).
packed with petrol and nails.
parked in places to cause heavy soft target damage (civilians)
remote control devices - cell phone activation.
Defused. 2 cars removed (so far)

As reported by US Media (FOX, MSNBC, CNN)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
OMG, I've found the Al Qeada link to the car bomb!
It's really rather simple.
It's hidden right there in plain sight.
The driver of the Mercedes was overcome by the fumes of the propane bottle he opened to set the petrol explosion. That is why he crashed into the bins - bin - BIN - and the bins were probably full - LADEN.
Ergo BIN + LADEN = BIN LADEN!
Get the picture?
Full bins - BIN LADEN - brilliant! Osama Bin Laden is reminding Blair that although he is no longer around, Osama plans to be.
Get it?
Got it?
Good.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancelot
The driver of the Mercedes was overcome by the fumes of the propane bottle ...

Something similar to that was just mentioned on another thread. Considering the huge amount of petrol in the first vehicle, it may have been that the fumes from that leaked out and overwhelmed the driver(s). That could easily explain the bad driving. (so could too many beers).

It's an interesting thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Gordon Browns first proper day on the job... i bet he's well chuffed that he has to deal with this

No, seriously. I bet he really is.

Nothing to see here folks, just another stage managed operation, thanks to the boys in black, brought to you by your "loyal" TV networks.

Anyone else here getting REALLY tired of these "terror threats"? Anyone else here feel like laughing at all the stupid people who take these "threats" seriously

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Anyone else here getting REALLY tired of these "terror threats"? Anyone else here feel like laughing at all the stupid people who take these "threats" seriously

no

cause not everyone believes everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Great timing I must say - yet, as usual, I smell a rat...

British MI5 Had Hand In Previous Car Bombings

Intelligence sources are refusing to rule out an Irish connection to a massive car bomb that was discovered in the heart of London this morning. Though at this early stage the facts are sketchy, any link to the IRA or its offshoots would re-open a can of worms concerning the MI5's role in past terror attacks, and specifically car bombings, over the last few decades in Britain and Northern Ireland.

It is important to stress that not every terror attack is necessarily part of some elaborate scheme or conspiracy - indeed it is usually small scale incidents such as this that are the work of lone extremists or Islamic fundamentalists who hate the west, of which Britain is inundated with.

But as the facts emerge we would be foolish to overlook the fact that the British security services were intimately involved in numerous terror attacks in Britain over the past few decades, namely car bombings, that were blamed on the IRA or its offshoots. This is particularly relevant considering that officials have refused to rule out an Irish connection in this case.

Or was it Osama, commanding the entire operation from mountins in Pakistan?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 29/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Anyone else here getting REALLY tired of these "terror threats"?
Today was more than a 'threat' .. it was a reality.
At least 2 different car bombs ... CONFIRMED.

Anyone else here feel like laughing at all the stupid people who take these "threats" seriously

'stupid people'? :shk:

Actually, I feel bad for those who don't take terrorism seriously. Some day they could be in a deadly situation and not be able to take care of themselves because they'd be in shock .. not believing what is happening around them.

This is serious stuff. Hundreds of people today almost died. If that one ambulance hadn't been responding to an injury .. and if that one ambulance person hadn't noticed the smoke coming from the first car ... the news headlines today would be very different. There were 1700 people in the vicinity of the first car bomb. I don't know how many were around the second car bomb. A few hundred?

~ 2,000 people could have had their lives ended .. or their bodies painfully and seriously damaged today.

So no, I don't think that's anything to laugh at.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Great timing I must say - yet, as usual, I smell a rat...

No Offense Soljah but you reeally need to chill out. Everything in life is not done by the government. I mean they have a lcear picture of the individual, yet you want to claim it is the goverment????

----

One thing is for sure they sure are buuying some exspensive wheels perhaps to avoid detection.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by shots]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Actually, I feel bad for those who don't take terrorism seriously. Some day they could be in a deadly situation and not be able to take care of themselves because they'd be in shock .. not believing what is happening around them.

This is serious stuff. Hundreds of people today almost died. If that one ambulance hadn't been responding to an injury .. and if that one ambulance person hadn't noticed the smoke coming from the first car ... the news headlines today would be very different. There were 1700 people in the vicinity of the first car bomb. I don't know how many were around the second car bomb. A few hundred?

~ 2,000 people could have had their lives ended .. or their bodies painfully and seriously damaged today.

So no, I don't think that's anything to laugh at.

As more powerful weapons get into the hands of terrorists, then people would take notice. A nuclear bomb in a city would put a doubt about how harmless terrorists are.

Whether its sophisticated or primitive, you should not doubt them for trying to terrorize you. Failure is not in their dictionary.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Once again I see us being divided as far as these incidents are concerned. One side says "is everything a conspiracy?", and the other side says "is everything really done by terrorists?" It's unfortunate for all of us because the reality as I see it is the truth lays somewhere in the middle. While we take shots at each other back and forth, we're all being deceived in that middle. I think each side needs to give a little or else we're all screwed.

We've heard it a million times before, "divide and conquer".

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
No Offense Soljah but you reeally need to chill out. Everything in life is not done by the government. I mean they have a lear picture of the individual, yet you want to claim it is the goverment????

And you think when the government does it, they send nicely dressed government officials in 3 piece suits and nice leather suitcases to do their dirty work?

It happened BEFORE in the times of IRA bomb-threats - only the names of the patsies today have been changed. Sincerly I do not trust any government on this planet, since we all know they are only a bunch of corrupt politicians, who are all connected to Global Elite through certain groups and councils and commissions and prestige freemasonary titles. And I have seen a bunch of documentaries explaining the 7/7 bomb attack in London, which has many parallels to 9/11 pointing to the theory that it was an inside job. And you ask me why am I skeptical over this offical story, which smells like old fish from London to Slovenia?

And I thought that people on a forum named ABOVETOPSECRET want to learn something new in their lifetime - but I guess I was wrong again. Feel free to swallow any government sponsored fear mongering staged terror attacks - I shall not.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I told my daughter, yesterday or the day before, that because of the White House getting subpoena's, something woud happen to take it off the front page news.

I'm glad no one has gotten hurt so far.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

i was in the same mood, and it got me a "warn"

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouljahAnd I thought that people on a forum named ABOVETOPSECRET want to learn something new in their lifetime - but I guess I was wrong again. Feel free to swallow any government sponsored fear mongering staged terror attacks - I shall not.

And yet we should gladly shallow your ("your" being all CTers on the subject of terrorism) rhetoric on every terror attack being orchestrated by the powers that be and be grateful to you? We should just take your word for that thanks to links from Prison Planet and it's ilk? Why is the text you read on those websites a whole lot more believable than a mainstream media source? Is that the case every single time you have reports in PP and MSM, do you always side with whoever says something outside of MSM? What other links/evidence do you have to backup what you are saying?

What are your explanations for the Madrid bombing? Surely you feel that was also an inside job but to what end? After all, a new Government was voted on after that event and they pulled their troops out of Iraq. How did that help the NWO masterplan?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

i was in the same mood, and it got me a "warn"

Anyone who wants to throw around the "stupid" type comments deserve to be warned. I am almost ready to just ignore every post that looks to be based on a couple of lines of OPINION as soon as the news breaks. No need for any kind of evidence, just share thoughts from a closed mind.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join