It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
its not a case of fueling bbs discussion... its getting the publics help asap - it wouldnt take long to get pictures as they are only dealing with a small time frame and many cameras to choose from. the sooner they issue a pic (even a fuzzy one) the more likely the driver is to be apprehended.

A picture, if one exists, is only one piece of evidence. They have been presented with a wealth of forensic evidence, i.e., an unexploded car bomb. The perps know this, too, and most likely are trying to flee. So the authorities are most likely covering all the exit routes right now.

Look at it this way: if they had a good photo that would help them nab the perp(s), why wouldn't they use it?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm going onto the record by saying that I think the evidence is massive that 10 Downing Street is behind this. If they did 7/7 (and the evidence is definately great that they did), this is CERTAINLY not past them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Flyersfan
A car bomb PACKED with a petrol bomb with nails to shred people with .. an attempt to kill 1700 Brits ... and you yawn? Yes, by all means, go back to sleep.

When I saw the news, they reported that there were two gas cylinders in the back of the car and then started prattling on about how it could be Al-Queda. Typical fear mongering from sky news. Anyone could be responsible. There's plenty of pissed off peole in this country. Why do people automatically jump to the conclusion that it's terrorists or Al-Queda. Having just watched the press conference, the police barely had anything to say. All the speculation was coming from the press.

Just typical of you to put other people down and jump to conclusions when what's been mentioned so far is nothing more than speculation.

A car bomb PACKED with a petrol bomb with nails to shred people with .. an attempt to kill 1700 Brits ... and you yawn? Yes, by all means, go back to sleep.

You must be psychic. 1700 brits could of been killed. Next you'll be telling us how many nails there were.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by kindred]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Shades of "V for Vendetta", anyone?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm at work right now so I can't read through every page so I apologize if someone else has already said this but it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the description on the news this morning.

The news mentioned the car being stuffed with gas cans and there being nails all over the floor and seats. Now, I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like any bomb I've ever heard of. Granted gasoline and a pile of nails could be a bit dangerous but it's by no means a car bomb like we think of it.

If there was no other detonation material then the gasoline would serve to make a very poor explosive if damage and death is what you want to cause. First off, gasoline does not explode like it does in the movies, it will definitely ignite but it won't blow up like C4 or dynamite would. The gas fumes could build up inside the car if the windows were up and that could ignite in an explosive manner but not with enough concussive force to do any real damage. It would probably blow out the windows and set the car ablaze but it certainly wouldn't blow the car to bits. The fire would take the path of least resistance and once the windows were gone that would be the path.

Secondly, why would you need to line the car with nails if you expected the whole thing to blow sky high. I would like to think an entire Mercedes has enough shrapnel to achieve the effect you'd be going for. Generally shrapnel is added to an explosive device that has no shrapnel, such as C4 or dynamite. The nails are generally attached directly to the root of the explosion for maximum velocity upon detonation.

It just doesn't make much sense to me, gasoline is not an explosive. Look at a video of a malotov cocktail, it smashes and fire pours out like liquid because it is burning liquid.

The whole thing just smells a little fishy. I don't understand why the "terrorists" would be able to perpetrate something as big as 9/11 without us knowing but now all they can muster is some bumbling bad bomb makers that end up getting caught all the time. It's either one or the other, a huge, evil, plotting, ingenious terrorist organization or it's a rag tag group of dessert dwellers with no real concept of bomb making and are unable to blend into our society or even pull of a car bombing.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Park lane has all just been closed of, theres a possible vehicle there.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Fox News is now reporting a possible second "suspicious car" in the Park Lane area. The area has been blocked off

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Park lane has all just been closed of, theres a possible vehicle there.

i forgot to mention that i heard on the news earlier that peter power guy talking and he said something like no-one knows if another car will be found in the afternoon.

i was busy trying to find information on someone i think they called allan west who apparantly has just been announced as being given some sort of newly created anti-terrorist type job in the uk today

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

How is what they are saying unreasonable?

And are people here actually intimating that the new prime minister is somehow involved in this?

Because they were asked by a cabinet minister not to speculate! So before the police can finish their investigation they start speculating (ratcheting up the Al-Qaeda myth before we know who's responsible).

No one (until the post a few above this) is suggesting Brown or any government minister is involved. Please don't drop that strawman in here.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by uknumpty]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
another one (apparently)

Park Lane.

hmm..something must be there, if the gates are being closed.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Bloody hell I hope nothing goes off! And I hope people get to the bottom of what's really going on here.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am hoping if its another car bomb that no one gets hurt. The people who do these things are cowards,plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't think we can rule out the "bored teenagers" scenario, what with the amateurism and all.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Why do people automatically jump to the conclusion that it's terrorists

Because TERRORISTS plant car bombs .. guess you must have been sleeping through all the terrorist attacks, eh? Terrorists plant bombs. Law abiding citizens do not.

You must be psychic. 1700 brits could of been killed.

The TV news is reporting that 1700 people were in the night club and immediate area of the bomb. 1+1=2. It's very simple. (or did you sleep through math class as well?)

Originally posted by kindred
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!! cant believe any intelligent person would buy into this crap. Yawn!!!!!! back to bed!

:shk: you said you like sleeping so much ... it shows.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm going onto the record by saying that I think the evidence is massive that 10 Downing Street is behind this. If they did 7/7 (and the evidence is definately great that they did), this is CERTAINLY not past them.

Could you please explain to the waiting crowds the 'Massive evidence' that Downing street is responsible?
There is also no evidence other than from completeley barking mad nutters that Downing st had anything to do with 7/7 either.

I wait with much excitement and baited breath

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
No one (until the post a few above this) is suggesting Brown or any government minister is involved. Please don't drop that strawman in here.
I am not trying to ascribe to anyone here anything, but various replies here have said "As the first true day of Gordon Browns Premiership.... either he is being tested or he is testing us?" and "Well now. Imagine that. The day after Brown becomes Prime Minister." My question was not unreasonable.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At least he is sleeping in maths classes and while "terrorists" attack , while other "sleep" their entire life and are willing to buy anything they hear on tv or read in newspapers

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by uknumpty
I am not trying to ascribe to anyone here anything, but various replies here have said "As the first true day of Gordon Browns Premiership.... either he is being tested or he is testing us?" and "Well now. Imagine that. The day after Brown becomes Prime Minister." My question was not unreasonable.

You know, this is spooky. The fan belt on my car just broke. I suspect this is to do with Gordon Browns first day in office. HE is responsible

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There are more than enough cameras in that city that they probably have the perp on tape. What they're in the process of doing now is altering the image by darkening his skin and sticking a turban on his head.

I wouldn't be surprised now if a few cars like this show up in a US city and actually go off and of course it will be that damned Al Qaeda again!!!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
So the guy 'crashed his car bomb' to position it and then ran off...

whaaaaat?

Try suicide bomber that failed...then ran off.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join