It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Terror Scare In London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Carefull with double-posting, Kickout... If you think of something else to say later, try to just edit it into your last post. As a general rule, if your post is the last one in a thread, and you can still edit it, then edit any afterthoughts into your last post.

No big deal, just helps keep the place nice and tidy!

[edit on 6/29/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
yes sorry about that I thought there was a post after me actually but then when I posted it up there wasn't. My bad, I do play by the book.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ok, this happened in Central London, Haymarket which is about as busy as it gets even at that time in the morning (next to Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.

There should be unlimited amounts of CCTV showing the incident. If none or just a few frames are shown then the conspiracy alarms will be raised. Likewise it was a dry night so should be plenty of people out on the streets that witnessed this.

If the car was run off the road I'm surprised it didn't hit anyone on the pavement, especially near Tiger Tiger which is open til 3AM.

"Tiger Tiger presents the finest ladies night in London - for women by women featuring Lady H on the decks.

Club classics and party anthems until 3am.

£5 after 10pm. Girls go free before 11pm!!"

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey, no worries buddy! Just making sure you knew the general rules and such on double posting.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
cameras most liekly gone all 'cutty sark' despite the fact they seem to pick out everyone's number plate who hasn't paid the congestion charge.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Great! Travelling to Norfolk via Victoria coach station today, hope all the services are running normally.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I should point out to everyone that news of this incident was first posted to ATS by racerzeke in the thread Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news.

Be sure to patronize his/her thread as well. Flags & Stars all around!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Not to blow my own trumpet but read this

A whole new world?

I must be the new Nostradamus

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As was pointed out, that area on a thursday night would've been pretty crowded.

Just off tangent and speculation, it was outside a gay club, gay pride march tomorrow...Soho nail bombs....

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
EDIT: What color was the car? Fox says it was a blue Mercedes... everyone else (and photos) reveal a silver Mercedes... WTF?

foxnews.com...

The station cited witnesses as saying bouncers from a nearby night club had reported that someone had crashed a blue Mercedes sedan into garbage bins and ran away.

news.sky.com...

The vehicle was a silver Mercedes which was also believed to have contained two propane gas canisters and a large number of nails.

Oops... deleted half my post. That sucks.

EDIT: Updated Scenario Maps

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yawn!!!!!!!!!!! cant believe any intelligent person would buy into this crap. if this is the best Al-queda can do, then be afraid be very afraid, lol

Awoke this morning to this news and the only channel really covering it was sky news. Apparently according to sky news sources the potential of this bomb was massive, if it had been detonated. Atleast two gas cylinders were found in the back of the car along with a suspicious device.

Sky news even had Al-Queda experts on there show talking about how Al-Queda are still a threat, blah, blah, blah and the date of this attack was symbolical of Al-Queda Blah, Blah Blah. Yawn!!!

Prime Minister Gordon brown said "Britain faces a serious and continuous threat"
C,Mon gordy if you want to scare me, your gonna have to do better than that, lol

Yawn!!!!!! back to bed!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
eye witness bbc news "car was being driven erratically before crashing into bins at 2am" then " driver ran away"

Haha ran away... aaaalllll the way back to Mi5!

Really though, with the stupid amount of cameras in central London, if they can't pull something out this is going to be a field day for ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It was probably Gypos who nicked the car along with some gas bottles and were going out looking to do a bit of roofing

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I suppose this means the old 90 day detention without charge will be railroaded through now?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
I suppose this means the old 90 day detention without charge will be railroaded through now?

Kickout, can you provide any links about this for the dumb 'ole Americans? lol I wasn't aware of this piece of legislation being pushed over there. Whats it all about, and who is supporting it?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Links not sure will look but basically it's the current gov (Labour) been pushing for detention of suspects without being charged for 90 days. They tried to push this through with the Heathrow / Liquid Gas event last summer but it failed. However there has been rumour that it was coming back for another run.

Link ah yes here we go and it's all about Brown funny eh?

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/06/03/nterr03.xml

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Proposed by the control freaks a few years ago

news.bbc.co.uk...

Common sense reigned however

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting. Kinda smells funny.

I will read up on this and also brush up on my knowledge of Brown. My gut keeps telling me that this was a propaganda psy-op of some kind.

Of course, i have an active imagination, but something about this whole incident just doesn't make much sense to me. It just doesn't feel right for some weird reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Magic

The 90day rule that the government is trying to bring in as law means the police can hold "suspected" terrorists for up to 90 days without charging them. The resaon they state they need this is to gather "forensic evidence" and build a case against the "terrorists".

It goes against all the laws of the UK... Until now if you are arrested you must be charged with an offense (therefore go on bail or remand in prison until the case is heard in court) within 24 hours of being arrested. If the police want more time thay have apply for 24 hour periods of extra detention each time and the judges in the UK are reticent to allow this much without a charge.

BBC 90 Days

even though the government was defeated over the proposals they are trying again to bring it in.

Kind regards

Elf

Chorltonsorry was typing asyou posted...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow, that would really give the policing arms of the UK government a LOT of power and freedom. They could just detain whomever they want! A great way to discourage dissnet and rubuke of the government.

I can see why they are pushing hard for it; sounds like just the sort of thing a NWO guy would want.

I am really curious to hear the political statements made in the wake of all this today...

EDIT: I've got to go to bed, as much as I'd like to stay up and watch this develop. Keep up the good discussion here guys, and stay sharp with updates. Flag the hell out of this thread and racezekes thread so that the ATS community will follow this story.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join