It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
I wonder how they were tipped off and how close whoever planted the explosives were to setting them off.

The car was smoking. It was parked outside of a club called 'the tiger' (or something like that) and it was smoking. The TV news is saying that something was probably misfiring or went off early.

Originally posted by justyc
well if it was to kill people then there is pretty much nobody on the streets in theatreland at 2am in the the morning

Our TV news is reporting that there were 1700-1800 people in the club that it was parked outside. It was 'ladies night' at 'the tiger' (or something like that).

Originally posted by damajikninja
I'm having the same trouble trying to figure out motive. Why blowup a car there? I can't think of any special targets other than civilians.

HIGH BODY COUNT. Of course they are going after the soft target - civilians. That's what terrorists love to do. It makes perfect sense. That's their M.O.

Originally posted by justyc
WHY are there no pictures released from cctv yet?

PLENTY of pictures and news releases here. I just watched film of the car being put in a crate and taken away.

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
apart from the fact the media are shouting 'bomb' there's nothing in the actual facts of this to suggest it is the case whatsoever.

I dunno. A car with a truck packed full of gas and nails and screws.... that's something that would be intended to kill as many people as possible. That's what terrorists like to fill their bombs with - nails, screws, etc ... to shred people in the area.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Well, according to the BBC, Police officers conducted a controlled explosion.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Officers carried out a controlled explosion on the car which was loaded with petrol, gas cylinders and nails at 0200 BST in Haymarket.

Police were alerted by an ambulance crew who spotted smoke coming from the silver Mercedes, which was parked near the Tiger Tiger nightclub. "

John O'connor, former commander of scotland yard's flying squad told BBC News that this had all the 'hallmarks' of a failed suicide bomb attempt.

heres a quick quiz...

you see what you think is smoke inside a car. do you call...

a) the police bomb squad
b) the fire brigade

you claim through your flying squad job experience that it had all the "hallmarks of a failed suicide bomb attempt"

a) where is the suicide bomb driver?
b) where is the suicide bomb driver who parked his car and walked away from it?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by justyc]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Apparently There was 60 litres of petrol in the back and in the boot off the car, and with this amount of petrol the vapor could look like smoke , and thats what people might of seen

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
sky reporting that the smoke that was seen could have been petrol vapour as

60 litres of petrol were on the back seats and boot.

that much fuel definately a Bomb just like Iraq ones

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
sky reporting that the smoke that was seen could have been petrol vapour as

60 litres of petrol were on the back seats and boot.

that much fuel definately a Bomb just like Iraq ones

Kind Regards

Elf

Lol your on the ball, I'm watching Sky as well , i don't really know if sky is to be trusted tho, they are a very good news source but i have noticed in the past of them over-hyping things

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
to be trusted no lol....

about as much as your avatars lawyers advice on how to treat young abondoned art student girls!!! lol

mischeviously ducking from the Bats

Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All the hallmarks of an Al Qaeda attack

news.sky.com...

Oh well it must true then !

Does sarcasm come across in text lol

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Apparently an Ambulance crew were called to the Nightclub and as they passed the vehicle they notice smoke and smelt fumes, were concerned the vehicle may be about to catch fire.

Also in vehicle were gas canisters.

i would be inclined to think this may not be Ali boys job, maybe not even terrorist linked at the moment.

If terrorist there using Internet type research as opposed to expert Explosive knowledge.

No way this was professional, but still a real problem, i doubt though it would have caused high casualties.

Having petrol and gas in a vehicle would have look spectacular, only.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Just letting you all know, The pale green merc' had about 15 gallons of petrol on board and a couple of gas canisters nails/bolts which was defused (so must have been a device!!), at the moment the old bill are trying to trace the route of the car using congestion charge cameras which track number plates across London.

edit for spelling

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
BBC news reports this:
news.bbc.co.uk...

A pretty unsophisticated device then - but potentially very effective.

This looks to be the work of "amateurs" but then with petrol, gas cylinders and nails how sophisticated do they need to be?

Another point is that Police will now probably examine CCTV in an attempt to trace the culprit - hell they could probably track him right across London with the amount of cams we have.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just had a thought.

This may not be our recently defined defination of terrorist, could be a gangland attack... Maybe the club owner owed somebody money or something?

But by the sounds of the running driver and leaking smoke, he probably panicked as he thought it was going to blow up with him in it.

Not your usual hall mark of the al-queda is it?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Evidently it was soemthing like what the insurgents are using in Iraq and as we all know what the insurgents are doing in Iraq is coming from Iran.

Iran is most likely behind this.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

BBC news reports this:
news.bbc.co.uk...

A pretty unsophisticated device then - but potentially very effective.

This looks to be the work of "amateurs" but then with petrol, gas cylinders and nails how sophisticated do they need to be?

Another point is that Police will now probably examine CCTV in an attempt to trace the culprit - hell they could probably track him right across London with the amount of cams we have.

Definately sound like The Cornish Liberation Army to me. Can you account for your movements last night budski?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Mr Lizard-yeah, that was my thought too, I wondered if it was a bungled attack, if the car was seen driving irratically and hit some bins and the driver running from the car, it made me think that it might have accidentally started to go off and that driver was trying to get somewhere else, but paniced.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Report to come from 10 Downing soon.

I think this being where there are 1700 in a club (womens night) would be quite destructive (LIFE THREATENING) if this went off.

I did hear talk about stopping transit and air traffic, is this happening?

Fox is full force on this, saying it was smoking. They are saying amateur and crude. 15 Gal. gas, two barbecue propane tanks and nails in front of Tiger, Tiger.

Now they say UK home Sec to make a statment shortly, and they are also saying maybe they have caught something on the cameras and are checking them.

Thank God they found this.

10 Downing was just on and they didn't say a thing other then keep your eyes open basically. Everything seems to be coming in from Sky News.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Being a Londoner I'm so glad that this did not go of,

To be this don't come as much of a surprise and something that in conversation has been said, Possibly a warning to Mr brown,

Again thank goodness this was caught,

The home Sec says we are facing serious and sustained threat,

The Tiger tiger club holds 1700 people, Also the bluewater trail is still ongoing,

theres a few possible things ,

[edit on 29-6-2007 by asala]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
I'd bet money that we will be seeing "video evidence" from those cameras for this... but will the evidence be trustworthy?

If we are going to court the idea that there is some conspiracy here, then we better start tackling Means & Motive issues.

Who would stand to gain from this incident?

Let’s not jump the gun and immediately call conspiracy with out seeing any evidence yet.

As far as who would gain, I think the new PM would gain...and I might add the new unelected PM. Would give him a huge public boost in his first week in office. Citizens over there are just as tired as we are of everything going, so they need a approval boost to. I hope we do see some video. If they say the video was not operational yet then ...... or if they dont have the right angle..... Shoot look at me jumping in already..... Lets just wait and see yet. LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Fox just said there is a MANHUNT right now going on for the man seen running from the scene, first I heard that.

They say they are going through all the closed circuit cameras

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yeah he's on the most wanted list.

Check the BBC link above in my post.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So glad it was found before anything happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join