It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I hope the police never stop my car then. Theres a gas bottle in the back, right next to a little gas ring I use to make a cup of tea, and nails? Theres loads of them on the floor of the car at the moment as a bag of them from B&Q burst yesterday.

OH NO !!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
you know, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to just have been some drunk driver (hence the erratic driving and crashing into bins) who worked in the building trade (hence the gas cannisters and nails in the car), who panicked and ran.

still.. WHY are there no pictures released from cctv yet?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Elf, that's my ATSNN Thread. I provided the link to it in this thread already. Racerzeke found the story first, I just created a ATSNN Submission for it.

Thanks for staying sharp though!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A mundane travel note for anyone interested. Piccadilly Tube Station is open but the Haymarket, Trafalgar sq and I suspect Whitehall are closed. Buses are being diverted down Victoria st and along the Embankment. Apart from that it's a pretty average day here in Soho. Damp, dull with everyone looking forward to the week-end. I'm looking forward to a bacon Sandwich that has just been handed to me, so from bomb alley I wish you good day.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
I hope the police never stop my car then. Theres a gas bottle in the back, right next to a little gas ring I use to make a cup of tea, and nails? Theres loads of them on the floor of the car at the moment as a bag of them from B&Q burst yesterday.
OH NO !!

we're both posting the same idea at the same time. from the news reports, everyone seems very puzzled by this event which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense and maybe it doesn't because it isn't a terrorist attack.

but again - cctv footage of the driver MUST have been found from all over by now and should be splashed all over the tv, so why isnt it?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
Could be ETA or real IRA

Why would ETA want to attack London?

They're Basque separatists, and their mission is to "force through violence a negotiation with Spain and France to agree" to giving the Basques their own country.

It does have some similarities to the people they just locked up though (the ones planning to load a car with gas cylinders and put it in a car park or under the Thames).

And do I detect some of that good old British Blitz spirit, Fang?

[edit on 29/6/07 by Ste2652]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
but again - cctv footage of the driver MUST have been found from all over by now and should be splashed all over the tv, so why isnt it?

Because CCTV is not primarily intended for public entertainment.

Once it's been reviewed some may be released if the police believe it will help their investigation. Let's take it one step at a time for now.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I agree, Timeless. I certainly have my speculations forming already, but there is still plenty more information to come down the tubes about this. Let's see how the next few hours go...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
ETA?

Basque separatists?

lol

read up about ETA.

Chances are its either RIRA/CIRA or radical extremists.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Info so-far

Eye witness sees a car driven erratcally down the road in question before crashing into a collection of dust bins at the end of the street.

A lone figure exited the vehicle and ran off.

Witness reports this to the police.

Police investigated and upon searching the vehicle found 2 large gas cannisters in the boot. Reports also suggest large amounts of scrap metal including nuts, bolts and nails were found in the car.

Not known at present if any detonator was found.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
apart from the fact the media are shouting 'bomb' there's nothing in the actual facts of this to suggest it is the case whatsoever. The behaviour of the driver seems more in line with a joyrider of a stolen vehicle it's standard MO to crash the car and leg it right?

Gas cans could be explosive, but there's no mention of explosives at all. I think the bombsquad guy was just being precise when he says 'a car and some gas cans are a viable explosive device' These guys need to be precise. However everyone has run off with the car bomb idea and new Gordo Gov has taken the decision to allow it to play out like this as it could be useful to their own policy making.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
funny that almost 12 hours after the car was reported, the story has suddenly changed to an ambulance being called to a nightclub to a sick customer reporting a parked car that they thought was smoking (why did they not call the fire brigade and instead called the bomb squad?). no mention of it crashing and no mention of the person running away. the only new thing is they say there was also petrol in the xcar though they won't say how much

*update - the reporter mentioned the witnessess seeing the person running away and the police spokesman said they would like to talk to those people

[edit on 29-6-2007 by justyc]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

Originally posted by nescafe8572
Could be ETA or real IRA

Why would ETA want to attack London?

They're Basque separatists, and their mission is to "force through violence a negotiation with Spain and France to agree" to giving the Basques their own country.

It does have some similarities to the people they just locked up though (the ones planning to load a car with gas cylinders and put it in a car park or under the Thames).

And do I detect some of that good old British Blitz spirit, Fang?

[edit on 29/6/07 by Ste2652]

Well, my money is on those murdering Cornish bast*r*s. They have been threatening this sort of thing for weeks. Not so much The Blitz Spirit Ste2652 but more an undying committment to possibly the finest Bacon sarnies in Central London, made just around the corner from my office. There is nothing on this planet that would keep me from them!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
The behaviour of the driver seems more in line with a joyrider of a stolen vehicle it's standard MO to crash the car and leg it right?

The police haven't confirmed that has happened... in fact they said that if anyone saw the 'joyriding' element they should come forward since the car was first discovered by an ambulance crew attending an emergency at a nearby night club (Tiger Tiger).

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is all looking more and more like some cowboy builder's car involved in a "traffic incident" and the intoxicated / uninsured / unqualified driver running off before the rozzers arrive.
Butane cannisters, nails, bit's of metal? Yep, sounds like a lot of builders vehicles I have seen.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
This is all looking more and more like some cowboy builder's car involved in a "traffic incident" and the intoxicated / uninsured / unqualified driver running off before the rozzers arrive.
Butane cannisters, nails, bit's of metal? Yep, sounds like a lot of builders vehicles I have seen.

Britguy i thought the same at first... however as "significant" quantities of petrol were found with the gas cylinders... well ive known some dodgy builders but never known any soo stupid to carry petrol close to Gas canisters and nails (sparks as driving bang!)Also the smoke seen by the ambulance service.

No I think this is the real deal whoever set it up.

Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don't you think its suspicious that its brown 2nd day and already they got him playing his role.

just a note.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, according to the BBC, Police officers conducted a controlled explosion.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Officers carried out a controlled explosion on the car which was loaded with petrol, gas cylinders and nails at 0200 BST in Haymarket.

Police were alerted by an ambulance crew who spotted smoke coming from the silver Mercedes, which was parked near the Tiger Tiger nightclub. "

John O'connor, former commander of scotland yard's flying squad told BBC News that this had all the 'hallmarks' of a failed suicide bomb attempt.

---

My two pence?

I think what worries the Government is that this has absolutely nothing to do with them this time (unlike 7/7). This may very well be something that has slipped through their filters.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Yes, but i thought the vehicle was a silver Mercedes saloon?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
ETA? As another member said, why would ETA attack london?

RIRA?, I dont think the IRA would be so stupid to attack britan at such a time when they have just started a power sharing goverment in N.IRE

Maybe an attempt to scare the public , just as gordon brown comes in to government for him to have more control of the people without them objecting?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join